Little Balls of Oil

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Little Balls of Oil

Post by Bsuds »

This looks like a very game changing way to ship oil!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/b ... -1.4277320
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Little Balls of Oil

Post by Queen K »

This could be the new technology of the future! Awesome find Bsuds.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Bitumen balls.......what next? Those multinational oil corporations will stop at nothing to expand tar sands production. I'm sure they have more than enough bitumen in storage now to pave another Trans Canada Highway. Why don't they just use some of that to send overseas, rather than digging up more of the environmentally-destructive crap?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Cactusflower wrote:Bitumen balls.......what next? Those multinational oil corporations will stop at nothing to expand tar sands production. I'm sure they have more than enough bitumen in storage now to pave another Trans Canada Highway. Why don't they just use some of that to send overseas, rather than digging up more of the environmentally-destructive crap?

where is your proof about the bitemen? *removed* :admin:
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

That's quite brilliant...! Tks for posting the link...
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I can't help but recall the episode where Kramer pushed the bladder full of oil out his window and blamed it on the intern.......but still could be really cool if it can work large scale efficiently.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Cactusflower wrote:Bitumen balls.......what next? Those multinational oil corporations will stop at nothing to expand tar sands production. I'm sure they have more than enough bitumen in storage now to pave another Trans Canada Highway. Why don't they just use some of that to send overseas, rather than digging up more of the environmentally-destructive crap?

Did you read the article?
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

I suppose you don't use any products that are products or bi-products of this ? Of course you do. Try not to be a hypocrite.

Return to “Social Concerns”