Kevin Trudeau the longest prison sentence ever imposed for..

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Kevin Trudeau the longest prison sentence ever imposed for..

Post by Thinktank »

the longest prison sentence ever imposed for contempt. 10 years for doing nothing wrong.

This was unfair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv63Alqfk24&t=1725s
I couldn't find anything wrong with the guy.

http://kevintrudeau.com/en/kevin-writes ... ent-trump/
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Re: Kevin Trudeau the longest prison sentence ever imposed f

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Agreed!

When I was a kid I did a program that he promoted called "mega memory"

I think he may have been a threat to the evil doers on the planet because most of his efforts were aimed at empowering individuals and Truth.

So they came up with some garbage to take him off the scene.

I have a great memory thanks to this mans fruits.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

For what its worth (not much I'm sure) I emailed Donald Trump requesting Kevins release.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Yup, he looks like a real gem of a scam artist!

"In the early 1990s, Trudeau was convicted of larceny and credit card fraud. In 1998, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) accused him of grossly misrepresenting the contents of his book, The Weight-Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About. In a 2004 settlement, he agreed to pay a $500,000 fine and cease marketing all products except his books, which are protected under the First Amendment.[1] However, in 2011, he was fined $37.6 million for violating the 2004 settlement, and ordered to post a $2 million bond before engaging in any future infomercial advertising.[2][3][4] In 2013, facing further prosecution for violations of the 2011 agreement and non-payment of the $37-million judgment, Trudeau filed for bankruptcy protection.[5] His claims of insolvency were challenged by FTC lawyers, who maintained that he was hiding money in shell companies, and cited examples of continued lavish spending, such as $359 for a haircut.[6]

In November 2013, Trudeau was convicted of criminal contempt,[7][8] and is currently serving a 10-year sentence at a Federal Prison Camp in Alabama.[9] Infomercials starring Trudeau and promoting his books—under the auspices of a private California corporation of undisclosed ownership—continue to air regularly on US television stations.[10]"
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Bsuds wrote:Yup, he looks like a real gem of a scam artist!

"In the early 1990s, Trudeau was convicted of larceny and credit card fraud. In 1998, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) accused him of grossly misrepresenting the contents of his book, The Weight-Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About. In a 2004 settlement, he agreed to pay a $500,000 fine and cease marketing all products except his books, which are protected under the First Amendment.[1] However, in 2011, he was fined $37.6 million for violating the 2004 settlement, and ordered to post a $2 million bond before engaging in any future infomercial advertising.[2][3][4] In 2013, facing further prosecution for violations of the 2011 agreement and non-payment of the $37-million judgment, Trudeau filed for bankruptcy protection.[5] His claims of insolvency were challenged by FTC lawyers, who maintained that he was hiding money in shell companies, and cited examples of continued lavish spending, such as $359 for a haircut.[6]

In November 2013, Trudeau was convicted of criminal contempt,[7][8] and is currently serving a 10-year sentence at a Federal Prison Camp in Alabama.[9] Infomercials starring Trudeau and promoting his books—under the auspices of a private California corporation of undisclosed ownership—continue to air regularly on US television stations.[10]"

I recall these events, what a mess.

oddly for such a scam artist he has helped many people along the way.

When all is said and done he and his creator know what is true and what is untrue.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

They decided to throw the book at Kevin Trudeau, a small guy who might have done some small things wrong.

And the executives at Glaxo Smith Kline, who did some really really really big things wrong, that probably killed
a lot of people - they're free. The company paid $3 billion and the top guys are free.

We live in a hilarious world.

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

THere are tons of books, magazines, DVDs, online infomercials, dedicated to scamming people out of their money for the promise of a "weight loss cure" or "health supplement" and a plethora of pharmaceuticals, for thousands of invented conditions.
Why would they pick this one guy (or even a few) to prosecute?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Silverstarqueen wrote:THere are tons of books, magazines, DVDs, online infomercials, dedicated to scamming people out of their money for the promise of a "weight loss cure"

I read his book. Only one thing in it bugged me. 99% of his book was perfect in my opinion.

Later, I will listen to his "positive thinking" videos on Youtube. But I already know I won't be impressed.

Anyway - ten years in jail for Kevin Trudeau is a huge crime against all of us. One year would have been okay
IF IF IF he did anything wrong, which I don't think he did. I read his book.

They're shutting all of us up, by putting Kevin in jail, and it's a big injustice.

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Does seem excessive considering the lowlifes who do serious harmful deeds and walk away with a lot less.

...seems it hasn't shut you up at all though.

...just sayin'
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I'm the most shut up person on the forum by far.

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

How!? Short of calling for entire tribes to be thrown into ovens - or calling some of us festering r e t a r d e d *bleep* nuggets ....aren't you free to say whatever's in your think tank?

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Here you go ThinkTank... cheer-up man!

poor thing.jpg

Return to “Social Concerns”