Air Polution - and solutions

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Air Polution - and solutions

Post by Thinktank »

Superblocks: How Barcelona is taking city streets back from cars

^ that.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Air Polution - and solutions

Post by Queen K »

Now if only Khuchti could come in and comment.

Interesting vid, thanks Thinktank.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Great idea of high density populations, and Europe has train and metro system far beyond what Canada has . Vancouver has a long way to go to achieve this, but could be done on a small scale here and there because they have at least a serviceable bus service. I wonder what is the critical population density where they think this will work?
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Another key component to facilitating transportation infrastructure (EG - subways/skytrain) is forward thinking and planning.

Much much cheaper to install a subway system if the land is already owned and available. Otherwise you're buying land/businesses or trying to build underground and/or elevated systems - both of which more than triple to overall cost of building.

I somehow suspect that this isn't anywhere in the official city plan. :-X Perhaps a way to leverage the rail trail?
spooker

Post by spooker »

TylerM4 wrote:I somehow suspect that this isn't anywhere in the official city plan. :-X Perhaps a way to leverage the rail trail?

I've heard from some City staff (all off the record speculation) that the rail trail is looked at as a "placeholder" for a future transportation solution that might be able to fit in there ... wouldn't want to *bleep* off the cycling community to know they're being used in such a way ...

Return to “Social Concerns”