Trump to Curry - You're Not Invited

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Trump to Curry - You're Not Invited

Post by Thinktank »

Curry said he wouldn't go. So Trump said "You're not invited."

Why is it that every NBA team went to the Whitehouse when Bush was there,
but all of a sudden Curry won't go when Trump is there, when Trump hasn't done anything criminal yet?

They liked Bush. And Bush spent $6 trillion on an illegal war.

http://www.alternet.org/culture/trump-w ... nt-want-go
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Trump to Curry - You're Not Invited

Post by the truth »

exactly......................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Because Steph Curry can do whatever he wants, and if he doesn't like Trump then he probably doesn't want to support him in any way. I feel like this is obvious...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

11 players including Tom Brady of New England Patriots did not go to see Donald Trump, after their Super Bowl win. Tim Thomas did not go see Obama after Boston won the Stanley Cup.

All you got to do is do a search to find many more.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Lebron called Trump a bum. I think Lebron, a player that makes $millions should not call the president a bum.

But me - I can call Bush a bum any time.

I'm starting to think Trump's way of talking is not the best, for a president. He talks in such a way
that riles people up.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

There was only one NBA player who had the courage to say anything against the Iraq war - which was illegal and killed millions of people. That was Steve Nash. Now with Trump, who isn't the nicest person but so far never started an Iraq war - there are all kinds of brave NBA players taking a stand. Against what?

Nash’s most famous political stance came in 2003, when he walked onto the court at the NBA All-Star Game wearing a shirt that read, “No War. Shoot For Peace” to protest the beginning of the Iraq War. Nash, then playing for the Dallas Mavericks, backed up his decision to wear the t-shirt after the game and in the days after.

https://thinkprogress.org/the-political ... 3417fe0f0/

StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I appreciate how much you value athletes opinions but I don't get your point.

Return to “Social Concerns”