Sologamy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Sologamy

Post by Glacier »

The wedding cost almost C$15,000 and she got a cake with a bride figurine on the top. She also had a poster printed with her kissing her Photoshopped self with “sposa single” (single bride) printed on it.

She was surrounded by her closest friends and family.

Mesi is part of a growing trend of people, who have decided to marry themselves, in a proclamation of self-love. The trend has been named “sologamy,” which claims the social affirmation normally reserved for couples.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3774240/ital ... f-sologamy
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sologamy

Post by Ka-El »

If she ever does marry won't she have to divorce herself first? :135:

Seriously though, seems kind of sad to me (and only cost $15,000).
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

She's probably single because she only cares about herself and craves attention- hence, the marriage to herself.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Meh. Any reason to get family and friends together sounds good to me. It's her money.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I wonder where her honeymoon is booked. And what present she had Amazon deliver to her.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Lots of people want an awesome wedding, not as many see marriage as a permanent thing. Marriage has become regarded by many as something you only hang onto when it suits you. When it doesn't suit you anymore, you move on the same way you do from an apartment, a car, or a job.

With that in mind "sologamy" is a pretty good alternative.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I wonder if she "waited until she was married"? The buildup to the wedding night must have been wonderful. :135:
You and 71 others Like this post
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

LANDM wrote:I wonder if she "waited until she was married"? The buildup to the wedding night must have been wonderful. :135:

LOL!!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”