#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: #MeToo

Post by Fancy »

Just a drink? If it's alcohol, look out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

@Silverstarqueen - There's practically zero point in engaging you, because it's abundantly clear to me, your only objective is to defend the actions of a woman who clearly displayed poor judgment, and won't own the fact. Yay sisterhood!

It's pretty easy to get up on that soapbox, like she did, conveniently remaining anonymous, while publicly trashing another persons career.

That guy should contact his lawyer about a libel lawsuit.

Banfield nailed things spot on, and good for her to not buy into this, as you apparently have.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25sQ5UsEGig

War on boys and men, wow, there is no place in society in the western world for listening to men, but it seems that a growing amount of women are seeing this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3cKiEUzpeg

So just maybe men are completely tired of a society that for the last 50 years has demanded that they change. Is it ok to be a man? "Men dont have any idea what it is like to be a real man". Just maybe men are completely finished with decades of hearing how society demands men to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOtxApiLJnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWRGiVnjH0s
wow, should we all be accountable for something we did 20 years ago? Guess we are all in trouble now. Including every single one of you "metoo" people. cause guess what, we have all done something or do you not count???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJvugmjWQUY
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Old Techie wrote:@Silverstarqueen - There's practically zero point in engaging you, because it's abundantly clear to me, your only objective is to defend the actions of a woman who clearly displayed poor judgment, and won't own the fact. Yay sisterhood!

It's pretty easy to get up on that soapbox, like she did, conveniently remaining anonymous, while publicly trashing another persons career.

That guy should contact his lawyer about a libel lawsuit.

Banfield nailed things spot on, and good for her to not buy into this, as you apparently have.

I am not the slightest interested in this other woman,I am neither defending nor condemning whatever she said, or what may or may not have happened. I wasn't there, and that is a matter for them and the courts to sort out. If she has done something illegal, then I do hope he contacts his lawyer about a libel suit.
Still no one has explained to me why a woman should have to "mind read" what a guy means when he says, come over to my place. If he expects to have sex, why doesn't he just say so, and then he has clear consent if she agrees. Why should she have to guess what his intentions actually are, or if they are different that stated?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Silverstarqueen wrote: If he expects to have sex, why doesn't he just say so, and then he has clear consent if she agrees.

Where is the fun in that ?

Kinda like getting the trophy without playing the game !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If she says, "no" ummm, no trophy?

What ever happened to the fun and flirtaous side of things?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

TreeGuy wrote:

:clapping:
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Hmmm, I guess this is the way it's supposed to be done now
according to some, straight to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9O0B0gzZE
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^ No romance there.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

dirtybiker wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote: If he expects to have sex, why doesn't he just say so, and then he has clear consent if she agrees.

Where is the fun in that ?

Kinda like getting the trophy without playing the game !

Maybe if some men stopped viewing getting laid like winning a trophy they’d have a lot less problems.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote:^^ No romance there.

Exactly my point !
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

The absolutely hilarious thing is that young men and women now are adapting, and have adapted, pretty effortlessly to what some on here are viewing as mind reading and being next to impossible to achieve.

What some are indicating is an oncoming "war" against women and a crisis against God where, suddenly, *everything* is rape, young people are doing what they have always done.....finding ways to interact appropriately and end up with great sexual encounters. I know this because I have adult kids that have gone through this and I’ve talked to them about it and their (and their peers) views on it as they grew up.

Just because it was different when we grew up does not mean there is no fun, no sense of "conquest" for either or both sides, no romance, and no great end results. There are "happy endings" happening every moment out there.

Some of us have adapted from having a club and a bearskin where all you had to was knock her out and go at it......others are afraid of brushing against someone in a crowd or looking at a woman, all the while ranting that a war is coming against women, with judgement from god. :200:

It’s pretty easy to know who is getting laid :up: :biggrin:.................and who isn’t :swear: ....
You and 71 others Like this post
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

liisgo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWRGiVnjH0s

wow, should we all be accountable for something we did 20 years ago? Guess we are all in trouble now. Including every single one of you "metoo" people. cause guess what, we have all done something or do you not count???

I don't know whether you were sexually abusing young people 20 years ago, but I (and most normal people) did not. If you were, yes, you should be accountable for the "somethings" that you did 20 years ago. Unfortunately most sexual predators will not be held accountable, but that shouldn't deter us from attempting to make them accountable where ever possible.

What we know so far:
Mcgowen alleges she was raped by Weinstein, complained to Amazon repeatedly , and nothing was done. And the woman in the video is claiming she is therefore a prostitute because she was paid 75,000 for damages with a non-disclosure agreement.

The Sun revealed Harvey Weinstein propositioned Myleene Klass with a sex contract, during a Cannes film festival lunchin 2010.
The contract included a confidentiality agreement stressing she could not discuss any sexual relationship with Weinstein.
Kate Beckinsale was also targeted when she was a 17-year-old schoolgirl by Weinstein now 65. The actress said her refusal to give in to the sleazy film-maker’s demands “undoubtedly harmed my career”.
 The FBI and police in New York and London have all opened investigations into Weinstein, with one cop calling him a “super-predator”;
Emma Thompson compared him to serial sex offender Jimmy Savile, saying: “It’s the same story. He’s dangerous and what he’s done and what he’s doing is criminal.”
 Weinstein whined to photographers he was “a good guy” as he flew off to rehab for sex addiction;
 His long-time PR man in the UK quit over the tidal wave of sex allegations.
Weinstein has been accused of sexual harassment or abuse of more than 30 women. Three have accused him of rape.
His wife Brit fashion designer Georgia Chapman has left him.
The allegations have all been denied by Weinstein.

Yes, we should all be accountable for what we did 20 years ago. Should we be protecting sexual predators? Where does it all end? Blaming the victims and calling them prostitutes? Ever wonder why women have been reluctant to come forward?

For those who can't tell the difference, this is what it looks like when prostitutes are paid off, (which is different from victims being paid to keep quiet).

http://punchng.com/trumps-lawyers-paid- ... em-bannon/
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Jan 20th, 2018, 10:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

U.s. gymnastics coach, 130 young victims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/o ... df20b34199
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Sucks to live like this day in day out.

“I draw a line down the middle of a chalkboard, sketching a male symbol on one side and a female symbol on the other. Then I ask just the men: What steps do you guys take, on a daily basis, to prevent yourselves from being sexually assaulted? At first there is a kind of awkward silence as the men try to figure out if they've been asked a trick question. The silence gives way to a smattering of nervous laughter. Occasionally, a young a guy will raise his hand and say, 'I stay out of prison.' This is typically followed by another moment of laughter, before someone finally raises his hand and soberly states, 'Nothing. I don't think about it.'

Then I ask women the same question. What steps do you take on a daily basis to prevent yourselves from being sexually assaulted? Women throughout the audience immediately start raising their hands. As the men sit in stunned silence, the women recount safety precautions they take as part of their daily routine. Here are some of their answers: Hold my keys as a potential weapon. Look in the back seat of the car before getting in. Carry a cell phone. Don't go jogging at night. Lock all the windows when I sleep, even on hot summer nights. Be careful not to drink too much. Don't put my drink down and come back to it; make sure I see it being poured. Own a big dog. Carry Mace or pepper spray. Have an unlisted phone number. Have a man's voice on my answering machine. Park in well-lit areas. Don't use parking garages. Don't get on elevators with only one man, or with a group of men. Vary my route home from work. Watch what I wear. Don't use highway rest areas. Use a home alarm system. Don't wear headphones when jogging. Avoid forests or wooded areas, even in the daytime. Don't take a first-floor apartment. Go out in groups. Own a firearm. Meet men on first dates in public places. Make sure to have a car or cab fare. Don't make eye contact with men on the street. Make assertive eye contact with men on the street.

― Jackson Katz, The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help”

That, my friends, is what it’s like to be thought of as prey

That almost brought a tear to my eye, well right up to the point where I realized that in this day and age, any sensible male would apply the majority of the same precautions, so to suggest that this is solely a female gender thing is less than honest on the part of the author.

I will also add that I don't care what the person asked the males while engaging in this exercise, because you can bet good money their response was tailored to appear macho in front of their peers. It's a guy thing.

If he wanted a more accurate response from the guys, he shouldn't have asked the question in a classroom, but rather privately one on one.

I've been assaulted at night in an attempted robbery, have you? I can confidently say that it only takes one such experience, to give a person a whole new perspective on the world.

I even quit wearing gold jewelry so as to look less like "prey", point being it's not a feeling unique to women.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Social Concerns”