#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: #MeToo

Post by Urban Cowboy »

TreeGuy wrote:I’m with Dradysh, it’s gonna end badly.

Perhaps presented a tad over emotionally, but there's certainly some valid points in what Dradysh posted.

We have encouraged and often times promoted the feminist agenda as males, simply by being silent and "manning up" as some like to put it, meaning that the majority of men simply don't initiate actions against abusive women, as they fear other males viewing them as weak, thus these women get away with it.

Heck there are all manner of examples of abuse against men, probably one of the most common being gold diggers targeting successful males, not for love, but for what they see as a gold mine worth mining.

Personally, I've lost count of how many times in my life I went to some club, and got my butt pinched by a woman, one time at The Coral when I responded unfavorably to the woman, I was instantly accused of being gay. I thought she was going to have an aneurysm when I replied, not gay, just selective.
Just imagine if the roles were reversed I would have been up on charges for sexual assault.

My point is merely that there are two sides to every story, but unfortunately our justice system is skewed in favor of the female sex.

One can only even begin to wonder how often some instance of what was consensual in the evening, became in the mind of the woman something else next morning, after waking up and regretting the previous nights events. Meanwhile the poor schlepp has to be humiliated in public, and possibly even wind up with a criminal record, after being summoned to court, for what he all along thought was a perfectly normal encounter.

There are victims on both sides of this issue, always have been.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

dradysh wrote:So in essence, I don't have any interactions with women at all. I don't smile at you. i don't look at you. I don't nod at you. I don't hold the door open for you. I don't say hello. I don't make small talk. I keep my head down and keep to myself. I only speak when it's utterly essential, like, "excuse me", or something like that. I don't brush past you as I walk by. I keep my hands in my pockets at all times. And this is what your coveted rape culture has brought men to. And I'm TELLING YOU. There IS going to be a war. Because we aren't living like human beings anymore. The 99.9% of guys would would never consider raping someone, in the OLD SCHOOL sense of what rape is, are being branded as rapists, simply for being born into this society, which has been deemed as a rape based society, therefore ALL MEN are guilty of being rapists. This is your logic. And you can take that logic and shove it.

Judging by your extremist tirade I think women are going to be happy to know you won't be smiling, lookin, nodding, opening doors, saying hello, making small talk. Good think if you do keep your hands to yourself too.
Old School rape is the same as new school rape, but you won't have to worry about that as long as you don't rape anyone, so be happy. Guess what, all men, in fact most men are not guilty of being rapists. No idea where you got that from. Maybe what you meant was a lot of the men you know are rapists ? I only know a few men who were rapists, so out of all the men I have known, that's a pretty small percentage. and they got off pretty easy too.
Fortunately there are plenty, many normal men out there who are not going to buy into this "war on women" mentality. So the rest of us can just get on with our lives.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

I believe he meant "keep his hands in his pockets" as ensuring to the fact that he doesn't want to be accused of touching a women.
Not to keep himself from reaching out and touching a women.
Its not about keeping yourself "inline", its about protecting yourself from the reality that this society is now in.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

dradysh wrote:@Glacier: Thanks for this video. Ben Shapiro is awesome

@Landm: Call it a 1 man war?? LOL. You are dreaming. The pot is boiling and soon it will explode. You feminists are pushing society to the brink of its own destruction. There are hundreds of thousands of men that are talking about this, the "consent for sex" is already the butt end of almost every joke out there. You people are a joke. Also, don't you dare speak for God, you don't know anything about God. God hates people like you but would love to see you repent for your sins. And go ahead and laugh that one off but we shall see, soon enough, won't we. So then, tell me what "sexual harrassment" is, because "you undressed me with your eyes, I feel violated", has already flown in court, and men have seen 20 years in prison for smiling at a girl. You consistently take what "rape" ACTUALLY means and twisting it to suit your own agenda. Let me tell you what "rape" means in todays society:

Smiling at a woman
Whistling at a woman
Holding a door open for a woman
disagreeing with a woman
Having consent revoked the next day
Performing CPR on a woman
Having consent revoked 20 years later
Brushing past a woman (especially in tight crowds)
Going to MRA meetings (women accuse these men of being rapists)
Simply just being accused is automatic guilt
And of course real sexual violence

And don't take my word on it. These are all cases where the precidence has been set. Remember the coffee shop owner in Ontario that had some racey pictures on the wall, and feminists got so hot and *bleep* to "take this guy down" that they literally accused him of rape? Now he is spending a life sentance in prison. Poor guy should have just stayed in his own country. This is what I'm talking about.

The legal system is rigged towards women. The education system teaches women that we live in a raped based culture. Let me reverse that for you so your feeble mind can understand. ALL FORMS of education are teaching women that we live in a CULTURE that is BASED on RAPE. That would mean our entire legal system and education system would not only allow rape to happen, but also promote it. That is what a rape based culture means.

You #metoo people really need to spend a year living in Iraq. You think we have it bad here? You think we live in a rape based culture here? Yeah. If you make it back alive after living there for a year (let alone 1 week), go ahead and tell me that we live in a rape based culture. You are sick, and this BS is going to come to an end. Soon. I may be the only voice of reason on this filthy, disgusting thread, but believe me, more men are thinking about this than you realise. My "one man war" is going to turn into a 5 million man war, soon. Because men are sick of being spat on by you and your rigged legal system. We are sick of going to jail for the disgusting demands of some woman who just up and decides to file for a divorce one day. We are sick of the courts saying "well you COULD be making 100K a year, so we are going to charge you $5000 a month in child support". Do you understand? This feminist crap has gone way, WAY too far, and our society is sinking fast. I don't think we will even last another 5 years. I'm serious. Put your BS aside and look at what you #metoo junkies are doing to this society. And if you continue to play the "me me me me" game, and demanding money, resources, time and everything else from both men and the government, then one day soon those resources will run dry, the jobs will all be gone, the men will go MGTOW, and you ladies are going to be left to your own devices, and there will literally be a war.

So I'm going to leave you with this article, of a comedian who claimed to have been "saveraped" by a man to save her as she was drowning. The article was satire of course, but while the joke was being circulated, thousands of feminists agreed that she had been raped. This is what I mean. How can anyone take #metoo seriously when this is the garbage that is being spewed forth from feminism.

http://www.konbini.com/us/lifestyle/fem ... life-rape/

So in essence, I don't have any interactions with women at all. I don't smile at you. i don't look at you. I don't nod at you. I don't hold the door open for you. I don't say hello. I don't make small talk. I keep my head down and keep to myself. I only speak when it's utterly essential, like, "excuse me", or something like that. I don't brush past you as I walk by. I keep my hands in my pockets at all times. And this is what your coveted rape culture has brought men to. And I'm TELLING YOU. There IS going to be a war. Because we aren't living like human beings anymore. The 99.9% of guys would would never consider raping someone, in the OLD SCHOOL sense of what rape is, are being branded as rapists, simply for being born into this society, which has been deemed as a rape based society, therefore ALL MEN are guilty of being rapists. This is your logic. And you can take that logic and shove it.

No, the pot isn’t boiling.....you are.
Thank god you don’t have any interaction with women.....they are very pleased probably.

The Handmaids Tale personified.

Based on the two posts I have read, there are more problems rattling around up there than need to be responded to. I defer to my initial comment about the help line.
You and 71 others Like this post
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

This stuff is sooo confusing. I am so glad to be a married guy. Non verbal cues?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, same here.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

TreeGuy wrote:This stuff is sooo confusing. I am so glad to be a married guy. Non verbal cues?

Seems we've reached a point in society now, where if you're a guy you need to be a mind reader, and failing that best consider celibacy to protect your azz.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Regarding the video above: Two women commented on how "non verbal " cues were difficult to interpret. (I agree) and commented about how guys would have to "mind read". Okay. Then two women commented that if a guy asks you to his apartment, a woman should assume that means he kind of expects your agreement means you are agreeing to have sex with him. .....How is that not also "mind reading"? He is saying, hey come over, (usually "for a drink" or "coffee"). But the woman is expected to read his mind "and that means sex". So, if a woman says, "Sure I'd like that (to come over to apartment", is he "reading her mind" figuring that means she would like to have sex?

Why doesn't he say, "Would you like to go to bed with me?", so she doesn't have to read his mind?
Then when he starts to make his moves, she's not going to be all, hey, that's not what I wanted?
Yes, she should just outright say it, but I think too many women have never been taught, or never thought about, how to turn a guy down flatly when things start to get out of hand. "No means No", but you might have to say it several times before he gets the message.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

are there really that many women pinching Grandpa butts? Have you considered signage? " No bum touching allowed"
For the ones whimpering that " feminists" are destroying the World join Men Going Their Own Way .
Please
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

normaM wrote:are there really that many women pinching

Yup.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

normaM wrote:are there really that many women pinching Grandpa butts? Have you considered signage? " No bum touching allowed"
For the ones whimpering that " feminists" are destroying the World join Men Going Their Own Way .
Please

Has it escaped you how in fact you are supporting my position?

A guy complain? Heavens no, and if he does, prepare for the snarky remarks from the feminists who apparently cling to a double standard.

I assume you are making a lame attempt to be funny (I can only hope), regarding a very serious topic, so be serious for a moment, and consider this, why should I have a sign saying no bum pinching, when no females are out and about wearing signs advertising what they do and don't approve of?

We're expected to be mind readers, but the other side requires signs? How's that equal exactly?

You see where the double standard kicks in here?

When it comes to "signs" I'd say the example discussed here had some fairly clear signs, the most obvious one being that if a woman is unimpressed with her date, why on earth would she agree to go to the guy's home with him? What direction did she think the evening was going to take, upon winding up at a male's home after an evening out and about?

Maybe she thought they were going to play checkers? [icon_lol2.gif]

FYI if you think there aren't many aggressive females spread among the various night clubs, I'd have to assume you don't get out much, and that you've never heard of cougars. :biggrin:

Believe me they are present in Kelowna, and much more so in the big city, and many aren't too particular what demographic they go after, if their preferred one is absent or in short supply.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Old Techie wrote:
We're expected to be mind readers, but the other side requires signs? How's that equal exactly?

You see where the double standard kicks in here?

When it comes to "signs" I'd say the example discussed here had some fairly clear signs, the most obvious one being that if a woman is unimpressed with her date, why on earth would she agree to go to the guy's home with him? What direction did she think the evening was going to take, upon winding up at a male's home after an evening out and about?

Maybe she thought they were going to play checkers? [icon_lol2.gif]

Listen to ,what you are saying, you are exactly expecting the woman to be mind reading what the guy's intentions are.
If he said, Come back to my place so we can make love (or go to bed)then it's simple to figure out what she "thought" they were going to do. If she says, Yes, I'd like that, that is consent. If he says Come back to my place and have a drink, why wouldn't she think they were going to have a drink?. And if she says Yes, I'd like that. How is that consent for sex?

Return to “Social Concerns”