#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: #MeToo

Postby Silverstarqueen » Dec 20th, 2018, 10:21 pm

liisgo wrote:Are we reading this? Harassment against men and boys and snowmobilers comes up.
Hypocritical double standards. Didn't see it as a joke this issue.
There are lots of reports, illustrating that men are just as much on the receiving end of sexual harassment as women, coming to light. Including the one included in above post that shows men and women students are equally sexually harassed in universities.
So why try so hard to keep it as ,"women victims and men the perpetrators"?
Society has always painted this pictures.
Wanna move forward on these issue's? Stop hiding.

No one is keeping it as "women victims and men the perpetrators". I have posted many examples or news articles of women, men, boys, girls, transgender as victims. Their perpetrators are, whoever they are: men, boys, women, transgender.
I didn't choose the link to the snowmobilers, I was responding to it. It wasn't a joke, I could not see a connection, ask the poster why they chose it.
If there are reports of men on the receiving end (I am sure there are, i have posted some), I was asking that the commenter give us a link, so the article can be discussed, understood, or commented on.
My question is why do some people try to paint the MeToo movement as not being concerned with boys or men as victims, or women as the perpetrators? I have not seen one person, given an example or an article, who commented that the boys or men who were victims were lying, or responsible for the attacks they suffered (I don't believe they were), yet the comment is often made that the women were lying, exaggerating , or responsible for the attack or harrassment that they endured or should somehow prevent it from happening. Why the double standard?

I posted articles about male victims of sexual attacks or abuse on Dec. 9, and again a different article yesterday, male victim. I have posted on other occasions as well. I can't control the gendre of the perpetrator, but I know female perpetrators have been discussed when the examples came up.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2162 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Dec 21st, 2018, 1:05 pm

Right sentiment,coming from the Pope, even if a day late and a dollar short, however there needs to be more direct action to back up the words. Catholics have got the picture now, but still many still attend mass. I don't know why they don't all just walk out until the mess is cleaned up, every perp, there are still hundreds out there, hiding in the church.
And I don't believe the Church has done much about the physical and mental abuse of indigenous children.
Nor has it fessed up to the hundreds of babies and children, white and indigenous, who were taken from their mothers against their will.
There's a lot to atone for.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... ests-turn/
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby the truth » Dec 21st, 2018, 1:12 pm

never ever believe anything that comes out of the churches mouth, ever
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6742 posts

Postby Mordu » Dec 22nd, 2018, 2:57 pm

MAPearce wrote:This thread is an SSQ thread.....

We get it ..

She hates men and boys and all things that bring procreation .....

Heaven forbid My kids get the chance at meeting their first crush..

SSQ says " That's rape" ....

Harshly put, MAPearce, but it’s called, “possessed by ideology.” (28:40 viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78380&p=2431837#p2431837 ) And I see it in other people in other areas on this forum.
Last edited by Mordu on Dec 22nd, 2018, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby Mordu » Dec 22nd, 2018, 3:23 pm

Perhaps the ultimate goal of #MeToo: “If you raise the cost of something, you decrease its prevalence,” ( 1:01:50 http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2431837 ).
Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Dec 22nd, 2018, 7:01 pm

Our society , and penal system, has a history of not taking sexual assault very seriously. Even when perpetrators are convicted, and sometimes sent to jail, they somehow manage to get released far sooner than victims or many citizens would think was reasonable. Examples, below.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/he ... ice-system

Oh, and if someone has a similar list of female serial sexual offenders, feel free to post it. Contrary to previous claims, I have just as much disdain for female sexual offenders, I just haven't found many articles about them.

Just this evening there has been a documentary about Gacy, who victimized at least 33 young men in the 70's. It has taken decades to identify some of his victims, some still are not identified. Absolutely horrifying for the victims and families. I have not heard of any female sexual predator of that magnitude, but i am sure there must be some. Why are they practically never in the news? Are reporters just ignoring these stories of female sexual predator-killers? Not that there never are female sexual murderers, but they certainly seem to be a lot more rare than male offenders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... of_victims
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby averagejoe » Jan 3rd, 2019, 3:28 pm

Why are there so many sexual predators on the left?????

Media silent..... :smt045

#MeToo Comes For Bernie: Sanders Campaign Ignored Sexual Harassment Allegations

Rumors and suspicions about endemic and pervasive sexism during the Bernie Sanders' 2016 primary campaign have been circulating almost since he first emerged as a credible threat to Hillary Clinton (rumors that Clinton staffers have admitted they helped to fan to try and undermine Sanders' upstart challenge). But just as Sanders and a handful of other potential Democratic 2020 contenders are preparing to make their final decisions about whether to run for the nomination in 2020, it appears the #MeToo movement has finally come for Sanders and his legion of "BernieBros".

In an expansive expose that included on-the-record comments with a handful of former female Sanders' campaign staffers, the New York Times portrayed the Sanders campaign as a boys club where complaints about sexual harassment were largely ignored or not taken seriously, and where male employees were regularly paid more than their female counterparts.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... llegations
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2742 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jan 15th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Gillette gets backlash,... and praise , over new adverts about acceptance or not of some men's aggressive behavior.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-46874617
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Jan 15th, 2019, 9:11 pm

[quote=

Oh, and if someone has a similar list of female serial sexual offenders, feel free to post it. Contrary to previous claims, I have just as much disdain for female sexual offenders, I just haven't found many articles about them.
Please read the following, illustrates and challenges all those survey's, reports that have been used with in society to build a false, society based, brainwashing of this and other issue's we faced that we struggle with an answer too.
The answer to fix these issues will one day be found, however with a society that does all it can via the power of control and gender blaming is exactly whats holding us back.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4062022/

"drawing attention to male sexual victimization, an overlooked area of study's"
(NISVS), one of the most comprehensive surveys of sexual victimization conducted in the United States to date. The survey found that men and women had a similar prevalence of nonconsensual sex.

So, why does society work so hard to build specific outcomes to support a theory while ignoring and/or hiding, truth???
Are you really seeking lists etc that challenge women only as the majority of victimization???
What you read here clearly cast an obvious question over all reports. They are flawed, gender driven, and used to create false reality and create a gender victimization with in our society.

This striking finding—that men and women reported similar rates of nonconsensual sex in a 12-month period—might have made for a newsworthy finding. Instead, the CDC’s public presentation of these data emphasized female sexual victimization, thereby (perhaps inadvertently) confirming gender stereotypes about victimization. For example, in the first headline of the fact sheet aiming to summarize the NISVS findings the CDC asserted, “Women are disproportionally affected by sexual violence.” Similarly, the fact sheet’s first bullet point stated, “1.3 million women were raped during the year preceding the survey.” Because of the prioritization of rape, the fact sheet failed to note that a similar number of men reported nonconsensual sex

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sexual-victimization-by-women-is-more-common-than-previously-known/

So we have a problem in society, the falsely made assumption that women are mostly the victims and men the perpetrators.
Having any part of promoting this false attack against men makes one more guilty than the cause.
Now why have reports and studies like this not made front page news? It surely is, not? Because it goes against everything that feminists and others have built against men in this society. Control, blaming, justification, victimization. Fight it all you want but its a sickness within itself.

[/quote]

BCPickles likes this post.
zoo
Board Meister

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 15th, 2019, 9:15 pm

averagejoe wrote:Why are there so many sexual predators on the left?????

Media silent..... :smt045

#MeToo Comes For Bernie: Sanders Campaign Ignored Sexual Harassment Allegations

More smears from inside the DNC trying to cheat Bernie Sanders before he even runs again.

The "Bernie Bros" thing was propaganda cooked up by Hillary Clintons "Share Blue" propaganda machine headed by David Brock. Bernie Bro's don't actually exist. Nobody was voting for Bernie because he had a penis and Bernie Sanders is way to the left. Might as well accuse him of being an anti-Semite.

Hillary on the other hand...she ran on a purely sexist platform and literally had millions of people voting for her strictly because she was a woman."If I'm playing the woman card, deal me in" she said. And that was apparently ok, coming from the people screaming about Bernie Bros.
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 815 posts

Postby zoo » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:02 am

SQ- you posted this recently, "No one is keeping it as "women victims and men the perpetrators".
See above, Recent studies, reports that have analysed all the top released studies on sexual related topics have, with out a doubt cast a false shadow on them. Showing clearly that ALL these top agencies in north america have tainted and purposely exaggerated findings to show women as the victims, verses the reality that these issues actually effect both sexes equally.
Every part of the campaign's that are pushed onto our society are that men are by the majority the perpetrators and women the victims.
And now this Gillette media push, do you see a push like it that involves challenging women? No you do not.
There are millions of "poster" that have been brainwashed and push this victimization down on society. They cannot help it as they are weak leaks among us.
Its is clearly time that men and women(that are not playing into this role), to finally say, "enough is enough".
Musicality is good, being white is good, being a man is good, and the rest can "kiss off".
zoo
Board Meister

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jan 16th, 2019, 10:36 am

The link posted above on the study done in 2010 is seriously outdated, and quotes statistics from as far back as 1995 and the early 2000's (so over twenty years ago). A great deal has happened since in reporting sexual assault, and a great deal more since the MeToo movement (which has encouraged many males to report as well). Yes, twenty years or so ago, men as victims were not commonly referred to. But look at all the many many cases of abuse of boys and young men in private schools, religious organizations and schools, online, and in many walks of life that have come to life in the last twenty or thirty years. Were women ever involved in such abuse, of course they were. Was it mainly males who were the perpetrators, yes of course they were in most cases.

So there is a conspiracy that is hiding the comparatively huge number of sexual murder/assaults committed by women, and only publicizing/prosecuting/investigating, the sexual murder/assaults committed by men (according to your theory). Why aren't men's groups bringing these concerns to their police investigators, or coroner's department, or news reporters, could it be the prosecutors who will not bring these cases to court?

There used to be programs in the schools to educate children (boys and girls) about sexual assault and how to identify it and report it. Perhaps these have been suspended for some reason, and should be reimplemented. Otherwise we are never going to know how many boys and girls are being assaulted by males and females.
Parents want their children to have more education on how to prevent sexual predators from operating, some gov't's want less effective sex education for kids.
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/12/17/ ... d-changes/

And even when victims do come forward, they just keep charging men, even when women were the real perpetrators. Why do the police keep doing that?

https://oshawaexpress.ca/local-men-amon ... d-charges/

Murders probably committed by a woman, but they are just trying to pin it on an innocent guy:
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/0 ... landscaper

New article which does not shy from listing women killers: Yes, women kill too.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/he ... s-set-free

Perentage of murderers male or female in U.s.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251 ... by-gender/

Canada: Homicides 2017: 658 Male suspects:456 Females suspects: 70

BCPickles likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Jan 16th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Nice try, a whole lot of *bleep* trying to support feminists and their cause.
Society handles ever part of these issues totally different for men than they do for women. That is in plain sight for all to realize if they want. But they cant.
Why try so hard to not admit it? So hard in fighting to keep it a victimization of women world?
zoo
Board Meister

Postby liisgo » Jan 16th, 2019, 2:56 pm

liisgo
Fledgling

Liked in: 183 posts

Postby sherashera » Jan 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm

So what things offend you, it's getting old ladies! Report something when it happens, not 20 years later on your instagram account. Don't flash half naked photos of yourself on social media outlets and then whine that men liked it. Get over it, move on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My word, doesn't the year fly by? One minute its Come All Yea Faithful, the next your flat on your back in the sand. Its hard to tell which one enjoys the most.

gardengirl likes this post.
sherashera
Fledgling

Liked in: 52 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns