#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: #MeToo

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jan 16th, 2019, 9:27 pm

sherashera wrote:So what things offend you, it's getting old ladies! Report something when it happens, not 20 years later on your instagram account. Don't flash half naked photos of yourself on social media outlets and then whine that men liked it. Get over it, move on.

Given that large numbers of men were sexually assaulted as children, teens, young adults, and given that the reporting of men who have experienced sexual assault is still catching up to the levels of women reporting abuse, I really think it is unfair to discount their reports or suffering just because they wait until adulthood to report. Sometimes it takes 20 years before the victims are mentally prepared and mature enough to address the harm that was done to them. This is a well recognized phenomenon by now. Some of those men retreated into their shell and suffered alone, some came out and even acted out sexually in various ways before dealing with their past abuse.
I don't think we should be so judgemental or presume to tell them how to deal with this. I think they should be encouraged to share their pain, when they are ready, regardless of how they might have behaved in the meantime.

2 people like this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2553 posts

Postby Mordu » Feb 27th, 2019, 8:30 am

The fight to be heard: Speaking out in the #MeToo era | In-Depth

Mordu
Board Meister

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Feb 28th, 2019, 10:50 am

Since they seem to not be holding the 16 year old responsible because of his youth. Boys will be boys,eh?. who allowed him into a bar? did they serve him alcohol? The judge is claiming he is bound by our laws around youth. So what do we want to do with these laws? What kind of supervision is offender going to have and for how long?, does he have to register as a sex offender? WE know he will reoffend, he's just getting started, so who wants him working around any females in future? Maybe we need panic buttons in public washrooms to protect victims?
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby MAPearce » Feb 28th, 2019, 8:07 pm

It's really sad that our PM , who believes women victims should be "believed" is about to throw Judy under the Liberal bus ....

Shove the Pound Me Too movement ...Our Feminist leader has .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4908 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Feb 28th, 2019, 8:28 pm

MAPearce wrote:It's really sad that our PM , who believes women victims should be "believed" is about to throw Judy under the Liberal bus ....

Shove the Pound Me Too movement ...Our Feminist leader has .

Is she claiming sexual assault or harassment by the PM now?
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Veovis » Feb 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:Is she claiming sexual assault or harassment by the PM now?

are those the only garbage treatments of women you are against...weird. Let's simplify. She was pressured to do something and fired for not doing it. IN this case it was a law.....sad you only would support her rights if he had demanded a BJ.

2 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4789 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 1st, 2019, 12:17 pm

I only asked because the MeToo movement is about sexual abuse and harassment. It's not really about politicians interfering with a justice minister doing their job (otherwise we could be here all day on that one).
I really don't see any sexual undertones to what happened here. My question was perfectly appropriate given the topic of this thread. So you could have simply answered the question," No, not that we know of". or "Yes, there is suspected evidence of sexual interference", without getting all smarmy.

Verum likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby MAPearce » Mar 2nd, 2019, 8:28 pm

I really don't see any sexual undertones to what happened here.

Hmmm... You don't see an expectation of male superiority here ?

I though the # me too movement was about respect for women as equals in general ..

I see the "sexual undertones" quite clearly ..

Men dictate to women ..

Wrong , wrong , wrong IMHO ....
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 7th, 2019, 10:52 am

You might be surprised and amazed to discover that not every interaction between a male and a female involves sex.
As far as I can tell, from what has been talked about so far in the news, there is NO allegation of sexual interference.
So until there is an allegation, there is only speculation. and except for this thread, I have not even heard of speculation that sexual harassment or assault were involved in this case.

BCPickles likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 7th, 2019, 10:56 am

Not that there are no incidents of sexual assault in the news, there are those who believe women can achieve anything a man can in this world, but we still keep hearing of how women have to first overcome sexual assault and harassment just to accomplish what a man does, even if they otherwise are capable of meeting the same requirements.

First Female fighter pilot almost quit her career aspirations over sexual assault by a senior officer. When this stops, we will talk about "equality" for women.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizon ... or-officer
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 7th, 2019, 10:59 am

And then there's this guy, who claims innocence, of course, accused of preying on children. Can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#250930
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Rider59 » Mar 7th, 2019, 11:18 am

Silverstarqueen wrote:Not that there are no incidents of sexual assault in the news, there are those who believe women can achieve anything a man can in this world, but we still keep hearing of how women have to first overcome sexual assault and harassment just to accomplish what a man does, even if they otherwise are capable of meeting the same requirements.

First Female fighter pilot almost quit her career aspirations over sexual assault by a senior officer. When this stops, we will talk about "equality" for women.

Are you willing to give up all of life’s perks afforded to only women in the name of equality? I bet deep down you don’t.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two

2 people like this post.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 765 posts

Postby Fancy » Mar 7th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Where is the Me Too movement going from here?

It’s a movement to support survivors. It is a movement to make sure survivors have resources... Make sure that people recognize, survivors mostly, recognize that they have the power to do the work to end sexual violence. And a lot of that is around cultural shift, a different understanding of our role to end sexual violence, and also our role in relating to each other in that work. And that’s a big order. That can’t happen from just the internet… That takes different kinds of people, working together… That’s what we’re doing in a big way. Our work is really about shifting the narrative… it’s around providing resources and connecting individual survivors to resources they may or may not have known existed – and if they did know existed, didn’t know how to access them.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#250952
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7755 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 7th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Rider59 wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:Not that there are no incidents of sexual assault in the news, there are those who believe women can achieve anything a man can in this world, but we still keep hearing of how women have to first overcome sexual assault and harassment just to accomplish what a man does, even if they otherwise are capable of meeting the same requirements.

Are you willing to give up all of life’s perks afforded to only women in the name of equality? I bet deep down you don’t.

So women should be prepared to give up maternity leave in order not to be sexually assaulted at work?
What "perks" are you talking about? I am not aware of any "perks" that should be traded or could be traded for basic right to work without being sexually assaulted.
I am talking about women's rights, like not being assaulted at work. You are talking about "perks" .
Would you say men should give up "all of life's perks afforded only to them" so they can be free of assault while they are simply trying to earn a living?
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby MAPearce » Mar 9th, 2019, 1:10 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:You might be surprised and amazed to discover that not every interaction between a male and a female involves sex.
As far as I can tell, from what has been talked about so far in the news, there is NO allegation of sexual interference.
So until there is an allegation, there is only speculation. and except for this thread, I have not even heard of speculation that sexual harassment or assault were involved in this case.

No , no , no ... I think it's YOU who would be surprised ..

I WILL testify to that under oath .
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns