#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: #MeToo

Postby JLives » Jun 29th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Vacancyrate wrote:This thread is about #Metoo which includes the positive and negtive effects of what this movement is doing

The story posted about the "regret sexual assault" of the customer of the male stripper certainly falls into that category. So does that fact the majority of male business leaders do not want to take meetings or be alone in a room with a female for any reason what so ever. This is what we are shaping our society into.

The same dirty tricks used by the CIA used try to entrap Julian Assange (and kill the free press) are being used in our own society. As another poster pointed out, a woman can say at any point after sexual intercourse is completed that a man "didn't stop fast enough for my liking" during intercourse and is now guilty of rape.

Does a man have to ask permission before each thrust and twist of the hips?

Apparently. Even after a woman pays to blow you and climbs on top of you.

That's a load of *bleep*. I work in a job that's 10% women. I work almost exclusively with men and have never had anyone be weird about being alone with me. If you can't work with women the problem is you and we probably don't want to be around you either.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

LANDM likes this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6531 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jun 29th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Vacancyrate wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:Consent for sexual relations is a very broad term, but one partner might not mean for any and all activity: Perhaps the partner has gone too far with it, perhaps she presumed or he agreed he was going to use a condom, and then doesn't and she realizes she could be at risk for diseases or pregnancy, perhaps he gets violent during intercourse and she didn't mean to consent to that. So again, many reasons why someone might say stop, and could reasonably expect the other person to stop.

You can't sue a zipline company for mental trauma if you change your mind after you step off the platform and are halfway down the zipline. There isn't a adult out there that doesn't understand that people need to be accountable for their choices. There are however lot's of children out there that do not understand that concept.

If you chose to have intercourse then you know that condoms are not 100% safe so you are choosing to accept the risk of it breaking or not breaking and getting pregnant or diseased.

This after-the fact, yes-I-consented-but-changed-my-mind-during-the-act thought process is infantile. If you can't live with your adult choices and risks you shouldn't be having adult-sex. Live and learn.

Zipline analogy is not even remotely like having sex.
People can and do interrupt the sex act before completion.
The difference in consequences as to having sex using a condom as expected, or not are huge. Twenty years of raising a child , or life threatening HIV infection.
Are you seriously suggesting a woman (or man)can't say Stop (and expect the partner to stop) if the other person has become violent when their partner did not expect that type of sex?
And you think it is infantile for someone to expect their partner to adhere to condom use or non-violent sex, when they believed their consent was not given for it. I think it is far more infantile (and extremely irresponsible) if a guy insists that he cannot somehow stop unprotected sex or violent behavior when told to stop.

Incidentally in 50 states a woman can withdraw her previous consent to sexual intercourse. And in North Carolina, a Bill is in progress to also change their laws to comply with that. So unless you move to NC (and probably only for a limited time) you might be happier having sexual relations there, since NC women are not similarly protected. Women who expect that they should be able to stop sexual relations if they do not consent, might want to move out of NC for now.

71 people likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2528 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jul 3rd, 2019, 6:35 pm

You would think at least the court would uphold the law.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ta ... ood-family

Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby averagejoe » Jul 10th, 2019, 9:58 am

Proponents of the #MeToo movement can't have it both ways

When a 2017 report surfaced about a statement Vice President Mike Pence made about choosing not to dine alone with women who aren't his wife, Karen, the progressive left scorned him for it.

The left said this rule Pence abides by creates a disadvantage for women, especially in politics, and they were baffled by it.

The left accused him of assigning "ulterior motives to women," who they said just wanted to be heard.

The left then conjured hypothetical scenarios in op-eds in which the roles were reversed, and women were the ones in positions of power refusing to dine with men who aren't their husbands – all to lambast his "moral rigidity."
But is Pence's decision to not dine with a woman who isn't his wife really that bad, considering all the complexities men and women face in their interpersonal affairs today, and not just regarding work but dating in general?

Since the #MeToo movement swept the conversation about sexual harassment policies for employers and gender-based discrimination, there's been a certain aspect of the conversation that's been largely overlooked that's worthy of an immediate behavioral overhaul if the group wants to stay true to its fundamental mission which is to protect, end, and support survivors of sexual violence.

Lately, members of the movement who overzealously attacked men on the grounds of #MeToo, have embraced the hypersexualization of preteens and young adults in other spaces.

Take Cosmopolitan magazine and Teen Vogue, for example. Both publications market sex-infused articles to young women and LGBTQ teens that instantaneously draw the ire of conservatives and apolitical Americans who find the content detrimental to teens.

And just last month, Teen Vogue made headlines – again — for instructing young girls on how to obtain an abortion without the knowledge or consent of their parents.
A year prior to that, Teen Vogue ran a "how-to" article titled, "A Guide to Anal Sex," which graphically detailed "anal 101, for teens."

When the initial article was published, it was absent of any disclaimer that encouraged young people to use protection and received heavy backlash.
Teen Vogue eventually made the decision to add an editor's note about the importance of using protection during anal sex but by then it was too late.

The fallout was swift, and the culture wars endured between conservatives who viewed the story as out of line and the progressives on the left who ran it.
Another headline in Cosmopolitan magazine chronicled a writer's summer of casual sex in her early 20s where she justified cheating on every boyfriend she had had, without regrets.

She also suggested to women in their early 20s who've cheated on their boyfriends to not regret it because it's how they learn about their sexuality.

And as I write this, another article by Teen Vogue was just published advising teens on how to make their orgasms "magical."

Another blind spot for those who share the ideological space with the LGBTQ community, the Women's March, and the #MeToo movement is the proliferation of child drag queens.

http://www.hideoutnow.com/2019/07/propo ... -have.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Mike Br. likes this post.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3495 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jul 10th, 2019, 10:41 am

There aren't "both ways" to have it (sex). There's the way with both parties' consent, which is what the MeToo movement supports. And there's the way without both parties' consent, which is what the MeToo movement is against. You can't have it with, and without consent, both partners must consent. I know some people still seem to think that only one of the parties has to consent, this is wrong, and, basically rape. This still seems to be a difficult concept for some people.

Pence can certainly dine or not dine with whomever he likes, but if he has a habit of having non-consensual sex with his dinner dates, then he probably should refrain from having dinner with them.

MeToo isn't so much about articles about teen sexual experiences. It is about the rich and powerful taking advantage or forcing sex on unconsenting teens (or adults), employees, acquaintances, and threats against them if they report to authorities. Example: Epstein (and Trump) back in the news over lawsuits. Who thinks that trafficking and rape of dozens of minors should only merit about a year in jail?

http://thememoryhole2.org/blog/doe-v-trump
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby plumbingdales » Jul 24th, 2019, 6:27 am

Through out time the only time Ive seen women complain about a man approaching her sexually are the ones they are not attracted to . I dont think its a movement to stop sexual flirtation .....just to stop the ugly ones. The biggest complaint I heard about Weinstein is how gross he was to do those things ...not what he did ....Ive heard no shaming of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or any other handsome actors ...just the unattractive ones.....or the ones that rejected them #Ghomeshi . If that s what its all about then ME too . Ive been approached by other men for sex I did not invite....even though them older and bigger ...I just said no and it was fine.

OKkayak likes this post.
plumbingdales

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Jul 25th, 2019, 3:33 am

plumbingdales wrote:Through out time the only time Ive seen women complain about a man approaching her sexually are the ones they are not attracted to . I dont think its a movement to stop sexual flirtation .....just to stop the ugly ones. The biggest complaint I heard about Weinstein is how gross he was to do those things ...not what he did ....Ive heard no shaming of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or any other handsome actors ...just the unattractive ones.....or the ones that rejected them #Ghomeshi . If that s what its all about then ME too . Ive been approached by other men for sex I did not invite....even though them older and bigger ...I just said no and it was fine.

What a bunch of bs. I am on record as having been raped by a guy who was not unattractive. As have many women besides me. Weinstein happens to be gross because he is unattractive AND because he did gross things including forcing himself on women. There are many women who accuse Trump of sexual misconduct and assault, and most would not say he was unattractive, at least before he acquired the rug and the huge pot belly. Many other examples of ugly or attractive men being accused of rape or sexual misconduct.Even sort of attractive guys can be so lousy at attracting a woman under normal circumstances that they resort to forcing them to have sex.

Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby LANDM » Jul 25th, 2019, 4:44 am

plumbingdales wrote:Through out time the only time Ive seen women complain about a man approaching her sexually are the ones they are not attracted to . I dont think its a movement to stop sexual flirtation .....just to stop the ugly ones. The biggest complaint I heard about Weinstein is how gross he was to do those things ...not what he did ....Ive heard no shaming of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or any other handsome actors ...just the unattractive ones.....or the ones that rejected them #Ghomeshi . If that s what its all about then ME too . Ive been approached by other men for sex I did not invite....even though them older and bigger ...I just said no and it was fine.

Perhaps the reason you have heard of no shaming of Brad Pitt or George Clooney is because they aren’t into sexual assault or rape? Have you ever considered that strange possibility? :135:

JLives likes this post.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4428 posts

Postby averagejoe » Aug 28th, 2019, 3:35 pm

Uh where is the #MeToo outrage and protests? :135:

Silent of course. :up:

They like to pick and choose.... :-X

VIDEO: Former NBA Player Acquitted Of Rape; Video Shows Him Dragging Struggling Alleged Victim In The Nude

Last week, a jury acquitted former NBA player Mateen Cleaves of four charges of sexual assault stemming from an incident with a 24-year-old woman in 2016.

In surveillance footage, a nude Cleaves can be seen dragging the struggling alleged victim, wearing nothing but a black bra, outside of a motel room around 2 a.m.
The footage was released this week by the Wayne County Prosecutor's office through a public records request, according to ABC affiliate WXYZ Detroit. Though it was withheld from the public during the trial, it was presented in court.
"The first clip shows Cleaves' accuser walking away from the motel partially nude, followed closely by Cleaves in pursuit. Cleaves is seen wearing only socks," WXYZ Detroit said of the footage, which can be viewed below. "The video shows Cleaves grab the woman, who we are not identifying, spin her around and pull her back towards the room she just tried to leave. She resists, bending her knees and trying to pull away. … 13 minutes later, Cleaves' accuser is seen on video again, this time running from the former MSU star who can be seen chasing her, then grabbing her with both arms and pulling her back to the room again. The struggle continues until she ultimately falls to the ground. Seconds later, she is seen trying to pull away again. Once more, Cleaves pulls her back, wrapping both arms around her waist and pulling her back to the room."
Colleen Dowdall, a motel resident and witness to the incident, said in court that she called the police after the alleged victim repeatedly yelled "help me" during the dragging. "She looked at me and she said: 'Help me, help me, help me.' And I had the phone in my hand and I told her I'm on the phone right now calling the police," Dowdall recalled. "I looked Mateen in the eyes, he didn’t say one word."
"She said he got on top of her," the witness added, referencing a conversation she had that night with the alleged victim. "She couldn’t fight him off and she just laid there."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51082/vi ... stigiacomo
Last edited by ferri on Aug 28th, 2019, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to article added.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3495 posts

Postby kgcayenne » Aug 28th, 2019, 4:08 pm

That is absolutely horrific! It’s also... I can’t even put into words how dumbfounded I am at the acquittal... the jury was insane? Paid off?

The article says he was trying to protect her? Ohhh reeeeeely? IF that were actually true, then after the first time, he should've grabbed a fekkin robe for her and called a cab, or police/EMTs for assistance in 'keeping her safe' and they could have taken her somewhere ELSE, because clearly, she did NOT want to be THERE with him.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Silverstarqueen likes this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4647 posts

Postby bb49 » Aug 28th, 2019, 8:12 pm

WeatherWoman wrote:Me too.
If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote "Me too." as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.
#MeToo
Please copy/paste.

How about guys who have been sexually harassed?
#MeToo.

Not too many years ago, at a government/union work site, a woman was brought up before a discipline committee due to sexual harassment charges brought by approximately a dozen guys.
She had been coming on to pretty well every guy at the work site, me included. Inviting them to meet her after work, even in the parking lot on lunch break. Making suggestive remarks and complimenting them on their bodies. Sometimes standing close enough that our bodies touched.
Finally a couple of guys had had enough and filed complaints, then went looking for more victims. It didn't take long before the employer found about a dozen.
Each one of us were interviews before she went before the committee.

The end result, a one day suspension.

Now if that had been a guy....
Diversity is our Burden

bb49
Fledgling

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 29th, 2019, 6:00 am

I hope legal beagles will take note then that even with video evidence, an eye witness, and a credible accuser, women still have an uphill battle (understatement) getting a rape conviction in court. Unless he rapes her with the police right there to witness it, and even then I'm not so sure. People who criticize women who are hesitant or refuse to come forward, or wait years before they decide to prosecute, please take note. Unless the victim has teeth missing, facial fracture, or their eye put out in the struggle, jury will presume they have consented.
And he didn't even get a one day suspension from work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8JQGpsi4A

Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Aug 29th, 2019, 4:56 pm

ah, nope, not always, appears the system can work against both sides. Its really very sick.
How can we get to a point when we can deal with this issue effectively when we are constantly made aware of the sickness through out society of individuals that use this issue falsely. What has gone so very wrong when this is far too common of an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAS8MSlDzxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2zQAnIpdvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eQcQKrytY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdHnzPJPMts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5yrFOX5vh0
https://reason.com/2018/10/17/seneca-va ... se-sexual/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Ban ... n_football)
https://www.theroot.com/white-woman-who ... 1828591038

zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Aug 29th, 2019, 7:13 pm

False allegations are dealt with the same way they are with any other crime. The police have to do a full investigation, evidence has to be diligently dug out and assessed, etc.

I have never heard people say, well we can't seem to get hardly any convictions (for dui, murder, assault, theft) because there are a few people who make false allegations. Investigating and proving a case in court for any crime is generally very involved and challenging. That doesn't mean the police can just throw their hands up and case closed (not that they would do that). Some crimes are investigated for months or years, before they have enough evidence to take it to trial. Yes, sometimes there are false allegations, or a mistaken identification of a suspect, or less than completely accurate eye witness accounts (without necessarily that they are lying). These things are just part of normal police work.

That doesn't explain why there are thousands of rape kits that have not yet been processed. Hundreds of rape kits that were thrown out because the investigation was never going to happen before the statute of limitations ran out. Many rape kits that were never done properly in the first place. Many cases that were dismissed as "not credible" before even a full investigation was done. Or if there was evidence, the prosecutor might still decide that a conviction just isn't likely (not necessarily their fault, but this happens so often and then justice is denied), and a rapist goes free just because these cases are difficult to prove even with video evidence, eye witness, victim reporting in a timely way, as in example above.

Initially not believed when she made allegations of abuse and harassment:Without video evidence, easily dismissed as "false" allegations.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -tech-firm

Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Sep 7th, 2019, 7:59 am

Read the following carefully, research it if you like or need too.
Lets think about what happened here. A lawsuit started to compensate individuals of sexually or gender in nature complaints.
No investigation, just a pay out of cash to thousands of complaints, based on no merit, no charges, no court cases, no proof, no witnesses, no facts, no punishment. And we see people state it is rare for a conviction, rare for women to get listened too, rare for acknowledgement.
This is a payout of peoples money based on no facts or investigative work, as clearly acknowledged and stated by the RCMP themselves.
Any issue of this nature should be dealt with the strictness of policies and investigation. Charges should be laid. Convictions should take place.
But here is what has happened. Over 3100, complaints filed, found, with out merit to be true and paid compensation.
In our legal system, of merit, proof, and truth, here is an example that really takes a hit to your, "very few false allegations" continual, statements.
I wonder how many mens names have been used in these complaints and are listed on their files without them having any, "do process" of the law???
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-agrees-to-ca ... -1.4498568

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-m ... -1.4905758

"1 in 7 sexual assault cases in 2017 deemed 'unfounded': StatsCan"
Unfounded' is a designation applied to a complaint when police determine through investigation that an offence did not occur.
If we are all to work together to eliminate these issue's then we need to start first to acknowledge all the truths actually at the base of the issue's.
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 264 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns