#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: #MeToo

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 7th, 2019, 8:41 am

This is a legal settlement, so no claim to skipping due process.
Do you really think the RCMP would agree to settle cases that don't have merit? You have to be kidding. Do you really think these complainants are suffering PTSD, drug problems, years of malfunctioning,marital problems, quitting the force, because they felt like making up false accusations? If male cops claimed abuse would you say they must be lying too? or is it just female cops that make false allegations?

If the RCMP settled, it means they knew there were credible accusations against certain members, many of them. The payment is not just handed out to anyone, they still have to have a credible complaint and go thru a legal process. Many legal cases are settled out of court, by agreement from both parties. The complainants are also giving up their day in court, their chance to let the world know what really went on behind the scenes.

So what did "unfounded" really mean?
"CCJS and POLIS found that the varying application of unfounded was partly attributable to differences in the way police were classifying incidents, and not only associated with the depth of investigation. These included:

The classification of incidents reported to the police by a third party (i.e., by someone other than the victim) as unfounded where it could not be determined whether or not the incidents occurred. It was also found that some police services were classifying these to a code internal to police service record systems (and therefore not reported to CCJS).

The erroneous classification of incidents as unfounded by some police services where the Crown decided not to pursue charges even when, based on police investigation, there was enough evidence to classify them as founded.

The erroneous classification of incidents as unfounded by some police services where the victim did not want to pursue charges or go to court even when, based on police investigation, there was enough evidence to classify them as founded.

The erroneous classification of incidents as unfounded by some police services where police decided not to lay charges because they did not feel they would stand up in court. This was done even when, based on police investigation, there was enough evidence to classify them as founded.

The erroneous classification of incidents as unfounded by some police services where accused persons were under 12 years of age.
This was done even when, based on police investigation, there was enough evidence to classify them as founded.

Variations in the application of a ‘victim-centred’ approach across police services."
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2549 posts

Postby Laurane » Sep 7th, 2019, 9:42 am

"There are many women who accuse Trump of sexual misconduct and assault, and most would not say he was unattractive, at least before he acquired the rug and the huge pot belly."

The Belly is expected as he ages and sits in meetings a lot to try to fix the problems the previous governments left him to cope with, but is not as large as it seems as he is wearing bulletproof protection vest whenever he is in public.

His hair is his own.......you have obviously bought into the media's negative assessment of him. (he does use a lot of hair spray).

Orange Man Bad eh? Not one of those women who has accused him of rape or assault has had a claim finalized.

You are therefore spreading gossip when you make these statements......and most women who support Pres Trump are aware of this.

1791 likes this post.
Laurane

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 7th, 2019, 11:55 am

Regardless, he is not attractive (and probably was at one time, which was my point), and sitting in meetings is not an excuse for developing a belly. He needs to watch his diet and slim down. Not that he would listen to any health experts about that anyway. I don't care if he has a rug or not, or if it's super hair shaft thickening spray, it's his best feature.
We can safely say most women who support Trump are no brighter than he is. He's a mess, and I don't mean the hair and the belly. I mean his malfunctioning as a president, and his people who don't seem to be helping him much.

https://twitter.com/rudepundit/status/1 ... 8279001%2F
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Sep 7th, 2019, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby OKkayak » Sep 7th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:Regardless, he is not attractive (and probably was at one time, which was my point), and sitting in meetings is not an excuse for developing a belly. He needs to watch his diet and slim down. Not that he would listen to any health experts about that anyway. I don't care if he has a rug or not, or if it's super hair shaft thickening spray, it's his best feature.
We can safely say most women who support Trump are no brighter than he is. He's a mess, and I don't mean the hair and the belly. I mean his malfunctioning as a president, and his people who don't seem to be helping him much.

Wow, imagine how the reaction would be if we talked like that about a woman. Wouldn't that be "fat shaming? :smt045
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5003 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 7th, 2019, 12:05 pm

People tell women to watch their diet and slim down all the time. And if the leader of the U.s. dressed as badly as Trump at a big affair they would say something about that too. Is his ego so fragile he can't stand hearing what he knows perfectly well is true? I actually haven't seen many women with a gut that big, and if we did, I think we could all agree that person should watch their diet and slim down. It's not just a fashion statement, it's unhealthy.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 7th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Follow up on "unfounded " cases, which in PEI have dropped by almost half. More assaults being reported, indicating perhaps that victims feel their complaints are more likely to be investigated that in the past.

https://www.journalpioneer.com/news/loc ... ei-347921/
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Sparki55 » Sep 8th, 2019, 12:30 am

[quote="Silverstarqueen"]People tell women to watch their diet and slim down all the time. /quote]

:200: no lol. You'd be called a misogynist in a heartbeat lol.

OKkayak likes this post.
Sparki55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 897 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 8th, 2019, 6:51 am

I was told to "slim down" at first exam after having my first baby (while doctor pinched a bit of fat on my waist). I was a slim person in general, very active up to the birth and after, and losing a pound a week. So that might be a misogynist, the comment was not warranted. If someone has a huge belly like Trump's, and is not pregnant or just had a baby then it's safe to conclude they need to slim down. They might not feel they need to slim down, and that is fine too, the fact remains it is a health risk (male or female).
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Sep 8th, 2019, 7:48 am

How ugly life must be? All of those RCMP complaints were not investigated. It was a voluntarily, pay out of money used to settle those complaints, before an investigation, a charge, a conviction, a court hearing. This is so very wrong on every level. You have absolutely no knowledge of any of the pain and suffering thousand's of men and fathers have gone through because of false and misrepresented accusations. Yet you stand so strong on only what you want to believe is your truth. No one else's. This is exactly whats wrong with in society. Shaming, bashing, every possible use of established ridicule derived by mostly the hijacked feminist's of our victimised society. And all that is being done is support giving to create more of the problems and less resolve. All at the driving force of individuals that cannot understand, accept the %#$#^& that is happening to others at the hand of those actually keeping us from reality.
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 265 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 8th, 2019, 8:39 am

If there was not a full investigation, who is to blame for that, the victims who were pressing for investigations of their assaults?

This poor guy, accused of many many assaults. How many does it take before he gets convicted? Should the court's time be wasted on each individual assault, or should the RCMP just pay compensation to the victims he assaulted?

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/former-rcmp- ... -1.3775911
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 8th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Here's how it works, officers are not charged without an investigation, as far as I can tell their names are not released. No one is automatically paid off just because they make a complaint or allege an assault. They will have to have their evidence, even if it does not make it to court. This idea that officers are being convicted without due process is nonsense. Now if any one of them signs an agreement that might preclude them having to go to court, it's still a legal process and there could be some compensation to a victim (or not depending on the case).

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-office ... -1.4435136
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 8th, 2019, 2:44 pm

The way sexual assault cases are being handled, pursued, investigated, prosecuted, reported, is changing. Now, perps who relied on the old system may find that they are going to face investigations and perhaps even charges where they previously thought they were going to get away with (sometimes) multiple assaults. Whenever there are changes, there is also uncertainty, so it remains to be seen if more victims will report or eventually find justice. Previously a victim could expect about a 3% conviction rate if they waited even a few days to a week to report a rape, regardless if they were so traumatized they were not prepared initially to press charges. Time will tell how this affects the outcomes, which up until now have been abysmal.

http://theconversation.com/new-laws-giv ... ins-121408
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby zoo » Sep 8th, 2019, 4:03 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 9th, 2019, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not reply in the text of other users posts. Editing is nearly impossible so the entire post will be removed.
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 265 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 8th, 2019, 8:45 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 9th, 2019, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 9th, 2019, 6:59 am

How long do you think it would take for thousands of claims to wend their way thru the courts, and would that be any better for the parties involved? Since the RCMP has agreed to expedite the process, these class action suits are the result, although not all claims are covered by them, so there could be others.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5295110/rcmp ... ettlement/
Silverstarqueen
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns