Responsible Dog Ownership

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Responsible Dog Ownership

Post by lesliepaul »

Were the owners of the Pitbull staying at the Grand.........or were they just a local wanna be with his *bleep* out trying to look tough? Yes, the first show of aggression by their dog should of had them removed from the bar/lobby area. Hotel staff blew this one and I will also add that the people with the small dog have a responsibility in this also.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Responsible Dog Ownership

Post by Farmmaa »

johnny24 wrote:
If they are on the top of the list, I agree, but I don't see them on this list. Hard to see past the first dog breed on this list.

That chart of yours has nothing whatsoever to do with Canada, where the highest number of fatale dog attacks is from malamutes and Husky type dogs.
So...not relevant to the discussion at hand.

As well, the incident on the Greenway earlier this week should have, if nothing else, proven to people just how often dogs are misidentified and how often the media simply jumps on the term Pitbull.
I've seen many such 'lists' that are counting attacks that were identified as breeds other than Pitbull crosses....but they continue to keep those numbers to make their point 'valid'.

Useless data with no controls in place...such as, you know, facts.

Return to “Social Concerns”