What does Harvey Pervstein tell us about women?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

What does Harvey Pervstein tell us about women?

Post by Thinktank »

More than 50 women have made allegations against Harvey Weinstein and the number continues to grow each day.

Women like money.? Someone once said 80% of women will do almost anything for enough money.
Is that true?

discuss

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/o ... now-so-far
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: What does Harvey Pervstein tell us about women?

Post by JayByrd »

The allegations against Harvey Weinstein don't tell us anything about women. If true, and it's hard to believe now that they aren't, they only tell us things about him.

A better thread title would be "What does ThinkTank tell us about women?".

What point would you like to make, ThinkTank? We're listening.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

JayByrd wrote:What point would you like to make, ThinkTank? We're listening.

Start at :50

and then watch her great big smile at :57

:smt045

She advanced her career by keeping her mouth shut about Pervstein, and fifty other women
also advanced their career by keeping their mouth shut about Pervstein.

So, what does this tell you about women? It tells me they will keep their mouth shut to advance their career.

Why didn't they expose the pervert earlier?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Several women have said the same thing, they knew that as soon as they reported it, their careers would be over.
Unless a workplace has a policy of not tolerating sexual harassment or abuse of underlings, then this is the choice all women have to make if there is a sexually aggressive male in a position of power. Example, woman in the following video, who had to choose to work and feed her kids, or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xPeO4rCKg
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Several women have said the same thing, they knew that as soon as they reported it, their careers would be over.
Unless a workplace has a policy of not tolerating sexual harassment or abuse of underlings, then this is the choice all women have to make if there is a sexually aggressive male in a position of power.

Your 100 right. But i think. Think has a point to . Harv may be tip iceberg and numbers could be in the thousands of people who didnt say anything
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Silverstarqueen wrote:...choose to work and feed her kids, or not.

But why does Gwyneth Paltrow have such a big smile at the :57 mark?

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Why not? she's an actress, they are supposed to always be smiling, that's their job. IF they sit around pouting or complaining they are considered "difficult to work with".
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Thinktank wrote:
She advanced her career by keeping her mouth shut about Pervstein, and fifty other women
also advanced their career by keeping their mouth shut about Pervstein.

So, what does this tell you about women? It tells me they will keep their mouth shut to advance their career.

Why didn't they expose the pervert earlier?

There's a difference between doing something (or not doing something) for personal gain, and doing it (or not doing it) because you feel you have no choice.

It tells me that people won't always take on a person who has power over them. It doesn't tell me anything about women in general.

The common denominator among all these women is that they were vulnerable. Weinstein was a person of power and influence, who could have crushed their careers if they spoke out against him. You'll notice a common thread in cases of abuse and assault is that the perpetrator has a position of power over the victim. That's how one does these sorts of things and gets away with it. It doesn't only apply to celebrities or women either. You're trying to make this a story of women and their character, but it's really just about power.

Again, Harvey Weinstein tells us nothing about women. But you've told us exactly what you think about women and you've tried, and failed, to use these incidents as evidence to back your point.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Women don't report because if they do it is a "he said, she said" scenario as most of the times this is done in private with no proof other than ones word. Who would you believe, a woman starting her career out with no track record other than a woman looking to be famous or a man well versed in the industry with no bad rap and an untarnished reputation? Guaranteed that each woman figured she was the only one it happened to and didn't say anything for fear of retribution and backlash.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So I just watched a video on Youtube that says Hollywood is a cesspool. If that's true then
my comments about women are wrong. Because all of Hollywood (and the people who control it) is ... filthy.

but I'm not going to post the video. I'd rather keep my mouth shut to avoid more problems.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ there's someone who liked Weinstein.

So Harvey got ex Israeli Mossad agents to scare the hell out of anyone who might say something
against him. Now I know it wasn't any of the women's fault.

Weinstein is one real ape.

liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

OMG everyone, this women has her hands on the chest of another human being she isnt married too.
I thought this was wrong? He needs to speak out :200:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It kinda baffles me how many very big names have gone through the Weinstein experience, negotiated contracts, made hundreds of millions for the company, themselves making tens of millions for themselves, became massive household names yet didn't see that they had enough clout to take this criminal down? It wouldn't be a stretch for people to believe them considering their popularity and apparently everyone knew this guy was a sleeze.
Witherspoon, Jolie, Paltrow or Judd who ARE well known by all ages, have Oprah like status yet one of them couldn't come forward individually or together and save others - this pig wouldn't have stood a chance. *These are not the average women they have resources$ and the public, the average person couldn't pick Weinstein in a line up.
Instead, of all people McGowan is the ballsy one to make a lot of noise on this? She's not really that well known, good for her for being persistent.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Mossad isn't exactly someone you want to get angry with you.

I would keep my mouth shut too.

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Thinktank wrote:So I just watched a video on Youtube that says Hollywood is a cesspool. If that's true then
my comments about women are wrong. Because all of Hollywood (and the people who control it) is ... filthy.

but I'm not going to post the video. I'd rather keep my mouth shut to avoid more problems.

lol ...so GOOD!

Return to “Social Concerns”