...Just a few friends over....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Woodenhead
Guru

Re: ...Just a few friends over....

Post by Woodenhead »

Nedroj wrote:This sort of stuff has been happening for years even back 17 years ago before cell phones and social media were a thing.

Yep. I remember this sort of thing happening a few times to schoolmates of mine back in the 80s. No internet back then, just word of mouth. If the wrong person gets wind, that is often all she wrote.

Stupidity has always been a part of humanity, there's nothing new about any of it. It's simply that our methods for sharing it has grown so much more efficient. :up:
Your bias suits you.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

At the risk of sounding like a brutal disciplinarian, the relationship I had with my kids was one of liberal restriction. I didn't preach to them my way of living. They were allowed to live their lives with conditions; some of which were having the down side of taking drugs and excess drinking explained to them. The dangers of drivng beyond their ability. The wrecklessness of driving when drinking. The life changes that a baby brings with it. The risks taken when messing with my house and my stuff and the very real consequences of having anybody in my house when I was not home that wouldn't be welcomed by mom and dad.

Never had a problem.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

problem is , too many people are afraid to run a tight ship as parents, almost everyone want's to be best friends with there kids first,and forget to be parents first
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

I would be the first to say that parents have gotten softer on kids these days and make way too many excuses for them.
However, like the previous poster said I remember almost 30 years ago being at a house party where 200 people showed up and did $50,000 damage to the house.

I remember the parents on the show Mad Men complaining about the lazy entitled kids these days in the 60's. I bet you the cavemen complained about the younger generation:) Who knows:)
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

You can teach respect but in the end its up to the individual personality.
We all make our own decisions regardless of what we were taught as kid! :smt045
Just say it as it is!

Return to “Social Concerns”