Stop time changes

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Stop time changes

Post by Grandan »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210732
There may be some advantages to staying on Standard time or Daylight savings time but which one you ask?
I put my vote in for splitting the difference and fall back by 1/2 hour in the fall. The next time there is an adjustment to be made is spring time and at that time we should spring ahead 1/2 hour and leave it there.
If New Foundland can have a 1/2 hour time zone so can we.
It would be helpful if all time zones would fall in line but it is not necessary.
Waste not
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Stop time changes

Post by alanjh595 »

this whole time change thing has really upset my body. The clock says it is 4:09, but my tummy says, "it's time to eat supper".
Bring back the LIKE button.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

the poll you are conducting makes no sense. Canada has nothing to do with time change in this country. It is totally up to the provinces,
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We should just pick one and stick with it. I hate all the fuss and bother and missed sleep :swear:
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

buckland wrote:the poll you are conducting makes no sense. Canada has nothing to do with time change in this country. It is totally up to the provinces,

Actually I don't think it's a Provincial thing, since there couple small areas within BC that opted out of the time change.
So I guess if Central Okanagan wanted opt out they could.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I agree that this time change thing has to stop. Nobody sent the memo to our cat ! Damn cat is stomping all over my body at 4:30 am to get breakfast ! Lay on the face, get batted away. Lay on your back, dig claws into back, roll over. Lay on your chest then dig nails in ever so slowly on your face. Sigh !!!!! [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Social Concerns”