48776
38249

Should I Be Worried

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:33 pm

^^^^^Even better....don't communicate in any way, shape or form with her at all.
Anything you say, may and will be used in court against you.
Never give up the right to keep your mouth shut.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 801
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Silverstarqueen wrote:You said you were recently broke up with her, yet (today) you get into a fight with her and she claims assault. Why would you be anywhere near a person who obviously is drunk and disorderly and likely to pick a fight with you, and is likely to try to drag you into sexual activity you don't want? If you are no where near her, she certainly can't claim rape, assault or whatever.

Hopefully you at least have some texts or communications which she had previously with her that indicated her voluntarily continuing the relationship (when it was still on). Yes, you probably need legal advice if you have been accused of rape, regardless if you have done anything wrong or not. IF you actually are broken up with her, do not continue the relationship with more arguments, fights or anything else.If you still need to remove some of her belongings, if it is your place, get the police to supervise, and you should not be anywhere around at the time.


Agreed. Even this public forum and the comments you have made here can be taken into evidence and could cost you years worth of pain, hardship, and big $$$.
Even though this is an anonymous forum, nothing in print is completely anonymous to the courts.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 801
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby coffeeFreak » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!
User avatar
coffeeFreak
Guru
 
Posts: 5095
Likes: 936 posts
Liked in: 346 posts
Joined: Oct 22nd, 2009, 5:06 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby MAPearce » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:55 pm

coffeeFreak wrote:Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!



Not me ... I just said get out ASAP , in my own way of course....

Greyhound is cheap and easy !!
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10174
Likes: 1217 posts
Liked in: 3173 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:58 pm

coffeeFreak wrote:Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!


AND even if he is .5% truthful, my advice would not change.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 801
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby Verum » Nov 9th, 2017, 4:59 pm

coffeeFreak wrote:Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!

There are usually more than two sides to a story, party A's story, party B's story and the truth, which may be very different to either story. The fact is that we usually give someone the benefit of the doubt until such a point in time as they have proven not worthy of such. I don't think any of the advice I have read would be significantly detrimental to the situation if he is not the victim he is claiming to be, so I don't really see any major issue anyway.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

Fancy likes this post.
Verum
Board Meister
 
Posts: 356
Likes: 182 posts
Liked in: 274 posts
Joined: Oct 5th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby Silverstarqueen » Nov 9th, 2017, 5:12 pm

coffeeFreak wrote:Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!


Since none of us knows exactly what went on, I think the consensus of advice has been very fair i.e. given that the two obviously have serious disagreement, we can only suggest, based on the story presented. I think it is unlikely the OP would claim his ex-partner was accusing him of rape, when she wasn't. Given that, the advice has been to get legal help and not continue contact, no presumption has been made about the exact truth of any statements except that he has been accused.
Silverstarqueen
Guru
 
Posts: 7071
Likes: 646 posts
Liked in: 1737 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 7:02 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 9th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Verum wrote:
coffeeFreak wrote:Interesting how almost everyone completely accepts the OP's version and assume the woman is guilty. There are always, always two sides to every story...sheesh!!

There are usually more than two sides to a story, party A's story, party B's story and the truth, which may be very different to either story. The fact is that we usually give someone the benefit of the doubt until such a point in time as they have proven not worthy of such. I don't think any of the advice I have read would be significantly detrimental to the situation if he is not the victim he is claiming to be, so I don't really see any major issue anyway.


By Canadian law and the RCMP mandates, the female is and always be considered the victim until proven differently in court.

The moment a female makes a complaint towards a male in a domestic situation, she no longer has any control and can not withdraw or recant her position statement including the call to the police. It is now up to Crown Council to take the matter before a judge.
The Police do not have the right to use their judgement based upon the physical evidence at the scene (the male is obviously beaten and bloody) to arrest the female. The legislation is very clear. The police MUST arrest and remove the male.
Keep in mind that this is Canadian law and NOT comparable to something you might see on the TV series of COPS from the USA).
The female may be charged at a later date for assault, but in a place of cohabitation that they share, this is the Canadian laws. In the mean time, the male will be held in jail or be released on his own recognise and signing a peace bond with a "No contact Order".
These situations ALWAYS turn out badly for the male.

Get your stuff and get out NOW. Suck in your pride and bail like your future life depends upon it. At lease, you will have a story that you can tell and advise others to do the same.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 801
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby just popping in » Nov 9th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Yes.
just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2568
Likes: 161 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:15 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby Silverstarqueen » Nov 10th, 2017, 9:09 am

alanjh595 wrote:By Canadian law and the RCMP mandates, the female is and always be considered the victim until proven differently in court.

The moment a female makes a complaint towards a male in a domestic situation, she no longer has any control and can not withdraw or recant her position statement including the call to the police. It is now up to Crown Council to take the matter before a judge.
The Police do not have the right to use their judgement based upon the physical evidence at the scene (the male is obviously beaten and bloody) to arrest the female. The legislation is very clear. The police MUST arrest and remove the male.
Keep in mind that this is Canadian law and NOT comparable to something you might see on the TV series of COPS from the USA).
The female may be charged at a later date for assault, but in a place of cohabitation that they share, this is the Canadian laws. In the mean time, the male will be held in jail or be released on his own recognise and signing a peace bond with a "No contact Order".
These situations ALWAYS turn out badly for the male.

Get your stuff and get out NOW. Suck in your pride and bail like your future life depends upon it. At lease, you will have a story that you can tell and advise others to do the same.


The OP is not claiming he was assaulted, the ex-partner (female) is claiming she was assaulted. This is why she would be considered the victim. Why would the police arrest the woman if he is not claiming he was assaulted? So of course the police will question both and arrest the male if it seems warranted. They will arrest the female if it seems warranted.
Silverstarqueen
Guru
 
Posts: 7071
Likes: 646 posts
Liked in: 1737 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2012, 7:02 pm

Re: Should I Be Worried

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:37 pm

It doesn't matter which was assaulted. The police are mandated to arrest the male.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 801
Likes: 247 posts
Liked in: 466 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Previous

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests