Real estate really

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Real estate really

Post by lesliepaul »

LANDM..........bottom line, with an agent or without an agent, I have a dollar figure in mind that I want in my pocket after it is all said and done. If an agent can get it for me.........great. If not, I will do it myself. So far I am batting 1000.

The anger (as you call it), I call it disgust, comes from the fact their motto is "maximum profit for minimum effort". I have not come across any other (uneducated for the most part) profession that can pocket, especially in B.C. more in one house sale than a minimum wage earner makes in a year.

LANDM...........you want to defend them, go ahead.........you have as much right as I do slamming them.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

36Drew wrote:
AlienSoldier wrote:Most people in Europe rent

Really?

It would appear that only the Swedes are less likely to own than rent. Many European countries' home-ownership rates exceed Canada's (which hovers around 67%).

Which still puts the largest and most economical countries in Europe still below the line in Canada. Look at Germany, France, Switzerland, UK, Denmark, Austria and Neatherlands.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lesliepaul wrote:LANDM..........bottom line, with an agent or without an agent, I have a dollar figure in mind that I want in my pocket after it is all said and done. If an agent can get it for me.........great. If not, I will do it myself. So far I am batting 1000.

The anger (as you call it), I call it disgust, comes from the fact their motto is "maximum profit for minimum effort". I have not come across any other (uneducated for the most part) profession that can pocket, especially in B.C. more in one house sale than a minimum wage earner makes in a year.

LANDM...........you want to defend them, go ahead.........you have as much right as I do slamming them.

I’m not sure where you get "defending them" from my posts?

I’m merely bringing up the entirely valid counterpoint that you seem to lack an understanding of, even though you have claimed to practice it.......it is not a requirement to use these "scum of the earth" (your words).

However, if someone willingly chooses to use or not use them, it is no different that anything else. It is their personal choice and shouldn’t really be such a huge concern of yours.

With the advent of the internet in the past years, I will now simply google problems and see if it is worth fixing or doing something myself. Figuring out that I can replace a $50 part in a dishwasher is better than calling a repairperson who will charge $200 to tell me he has to order that part, come back and install for another $200 so it is better to buy a new dishwasher.
Do I consider the repair person a "scum of the earth"? No. I simply make a personal choice that I can deal with it myself and get better value....for me.

Yeah, there is a lot of anger and disgust in your posts.....not just these ones. It’s an interesting way to live, I bet.

But, the fact that you are batting 1000 on something indicates great success for you on that and you should be happy, not angry. Any time one can claim 100% success in something is a wonderful thing!

It also indicates that you have *never* dealt with the "scum of the earth" other than talking to them and choosing not to use them so wouldn’t that mean your experience is extremely limited? That is, in fact, what "batting 1000" means.

Again, your anger and disgust must then come from somewhere else......or maybe logic isn’t a strong point.

Have a better day! :up:
You and 71 others Like this post
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

AlienSoldier wrote:Which still puts the largest and most economical countries in Europe still below the line in Canada. Look at Germany, France, Switzerland, UK, Denmark, Austria and Neatherlands.

Yeah - let's look at your original comment.

AlienSoldier wrote:Most people in Europe rent

You didn't say "Many rent", or even "More rent in Europe than in Canada" - you said "Most rent". Most is more than 50%.

The graph I've told tells a different story. Only one European country has less than 50% home ownership - and that's Switzerlend (I had previously erroneously stated Sweden).

Your original statement that "Most people in Europe rent" is wrong.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

When you drop dead about the same time as the rest of the peeps your age, you'll at least leave a house worth 650k to your kids, and even the kid making minimum wage then can qualify to buy a house.
There's a huge transfer of wealth constantly underway of which at any time is at its peak.
It's all relevant. Your parents probably paid 12 k for the house you grew up in.
When your kid bequeths your 650k dump to your grand kid, it'll be 30 years older and worth over a mill.
Your grand kid will be a millionaire just by winning the uterine lottery, but will struggle to buy his first car and keep gas in it.
Just like many of his ancestors did.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Social Concerns”