Home Invasions in Kamloops - with injuries

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
dle
Lord of the Board

Home Invasions in Kamloops - with injuries

Post by dle »

GRRRRR.....not much for details in this story but even if it turns out to be one criminal going after another criminal, innocent people can end up the target. Just when will enough be enough to get our legal system off its collective *bleep* to put some teeth into our laws?

Even if it is one criminal going after another criminal, here in Kelowna that has happened and the scum hit the wrong house and an innocent sleeping person was left with life-changing injuries and he and his family's lives forever destroyed. Some Judge at some point in time let that pos *bleep* out of a Courtroom with a slap on the wrist and down the road he did this.

I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the defence lawyers who stoop low enough to defend this type of pond scum but even more so on the Judges in the Courts. Why don't any of them have the stones to give max sentences when deserved? Why won't they do their part in protecting the innocent? One time should have been enough -the very first time a home invasion happened and wound up in the Courts - the Judge should have thrown every book he/she had available at the pos responsible. Home invasion - even without injury - destroys people. It is supposed to be your sanctuary and if someone gets in and the Courts don't back the homeowner then the Courts are just as guilty as the perpetrators. Jail - long time - first time. Now we hear about them all the time because the dregs of society KNOW how the sytem (doesn't) work and how to play it so MORE people will be injured while thinking they are safe in their homes.

NO ONE is safe, thanks to our legal system and the lack of guts in those with the power to make a loud and clear difference. One sentence really stands out: The unidentified male suspect is known to police. What a surprise. Maybe it's his initiation run at home invading. The Courts NEED to set an example with this guy, raise the bar, and show the community, the innocent and the guilty, they are not going to stand for the criminals running the show any longer.

THIS TIME enough has to be enough.....

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212081
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Home Invasions in Kamloops - with injuries

Post by gman313 »

its not the judges they are working with the laws they have

change the criminal code
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

gman313 wrote:its not the judges they are working with the laws they have

change the criminal code

Yes and no.....yes they have to work within the minimum and maximum sentencing allowed for the particular crime and the Code definitely needs updating, but no, it IS the Judges in many cases because they are giving the minimum sentences to repeat offenders. They are NOT sentencing with a brick, they are using a feather. These goofs need bricks upside the head - not feathers.

If a second time offender were to received a stiff sentence - instead of another minimum slap on the wrist, within the allowed parameters of sentencing for that crime, it might make a difference. That stiffer sentence might get the creep off the streets for a while at least and it might teach the guy a lesson - that will be up to the creep if he has any brains at all.

And the 3rd time you are caught, there should be no decision left up to the Judge - 3 strikes you are out, your butt's in the slammer for a long long time and that's that.

Not enough jails? Build more.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The maximum is 10 years I believe. Some of the repeat offenders do get jail time but once they're out they are at it again.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:The maximum is 10 years I believe. Some of the repeat offenders do get jail time but once they're out they are at it again.

I agree....and what really gets me is when I hear of a repeat offender getting like 2 years less a day or something when it's his like 10th time before the Court....this person needs to go to prison so 5 years min at that point.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Ok now maybe we are getting somewhere, this is a good start - now, lets just see if things continue in this vein and serve justice....

That Kamloops invader has been charged with attempted murder among other charges....

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to local news article other than Castanet.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The use of the firearm wasn't in the first news release. Hope the charge of attempted murder sticks and puts this guy in jail for years.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... n-break-in

A suspect in two break ins that left two men seriously injured is now facing attempted murder charges.

According Cpl. Jodi Shelkie, the unidentified suspect is facing two counts of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of break and enter and three firearms-related charges.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:The use of the firearm wasn't in the first news release. Hope the charge of attempted murder sticks and puts this guy in jail for years.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... n-break-in

A suspect in two break ins that left two men seriously injured is now facing attempted murder charges.

According Cpl. Jodi Shelkie, the unidentified suspect is facing two counts of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of break and enter and three firearms-related charges.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this but let's see what happens to those 2 attempted murder charges when the wheeling and dealing and hand-rubbing begins - you know, when it changes from being about the 2 homeowners being injured to the games lawyers play. My ouija board says the attempted murder charges disappear when the plea bargaining starts and that creep is on the streets again with very little consequence.

Return to “Social Concerns”