Sex assault allegations

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Sex assault allegations

Post by Gilchy »

Queen K wrote:our Western Culture apparently falling apart.

Is it though? Or is it the seedy underbelly of a culture that values power (financial, employment, political, celebrity, etc) finally being exposed?

If you look at a lot of the cases coming out right now, there is a pattern of the abuser taking advantage of their authority for their own gratification. Look at all the cases of the guys inviting staffers over, only to appear naked (seems like this was Weinstein's favourite pastime). It's all about feeling superior. The reason we hear more about men committing the acts is that our society remains fairly patriarchal, where men are more often then not in a position of power.

And, to agree with Jlives, STOP MAKING THIS POLITICAL! Clinton, Weinstein, Franken, Lauer, O'Reilly, Moore, Trump, Ailes, all creeps, doesn't matter which side of the aisle they "belonged too". To try and make this a partisan issue, where only one group is guilty, is incredibly dishonest. It is a pattern of behaviour that permeates our society that must be eliminated.
Last edited by Gilchy on Nov 30th, 2017, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Did MJ just man'xplain me? I already said that in my above post MJ. [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Queen K wrote:To me it just means that the sexual harassment is a cultural issue and has to be addressed as one. It hasn't been lost on me that muslim countries, where mixing of the sexes is less so and more modest cover on bodies, must be laughing their guts out at our Western Culture apparently falling apart.

Hate it when they're right. :-X

But seriously, I hadn't thought of that but youre probably right. I doubt very much they would miss this golden opportunity to prove the folly of western culture having women in the workplace.

Ammo for masoginist cultures aside, I still think the ends will justify the means.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

No queen my posts was delayed [icon_lol2.gif]
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm thinking unchaparoned too. What the hell are 16 year olds doing in the presence of much older men, it seems there are a lot of teenagers being lured to be with older men, and later accuse them of what may or may not be true. Chaparones solve all this.

And on and on.

And Fox News right now, wow, covering the Matt Lauer story to death. It's almost like a blanket story in there.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:Gezzzz, Grag Zaun from Sportsnet, let go effecitve immediately after an investigation for inappropiate comments to female employees. (ETA: surname corrected, thanks GB.)

The list goes on. There is a messege here folks.

(And I still can't copy/past :swear: sorry)

Here we go:

Gregg Zaun has been fired from Sportsnet due to "inappropriate behaviour and comments" toward female employees.

Rick Brace, President of Rogers Media, said in a statement Thursday that the company was terminating the contract of the Blue Jays analyst effective immediately.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212951
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I'll ask the same question that Stephen Colbert asked last night. Matt Lauer was dismissed for engaging in "inappropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace." So what is "appropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace"?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I would answer back that we've hit the new Puritan society situation. No joking, no sexually charged jokes, no touching, no comments of appreciation anymore, no nothing. But funny, very funny Urbane. :up:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Urbane wrote:I'll ask the same question that Stephen Colbert asked last night. Matt Lauer was dismissed for engaging in "inappropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace." So what is "appropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace"?

I think unfortunatly we are going to see innocent folks caught up but as a whole its the price we will pay for ignoring this for to long . It still boggles my mind american confress has no procedure to fire people except at election time .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Roy moore story gets greasier by the day

http://huffp.st/lIo7BTe :200:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

More on Gregg Zaun from a young lady on Twitter (3 tweets - start from the bottom one):

Katie Lawrence Balloch‏
@BlueJayGal
3h3 hours ago
More
Replying to @BlueJayGal
I was stunned, creeped out, and a little nauseous. I did not attend this “event”, and it made me wonder how many other young girls he had sent this to. His reputation was ruined for me from that point on.
16 replies 29 retweets 38 likes
Reply 16 Retweet 29 Like 38

Katie Lawrence Balloch‏
@BlueJayGal
3h3 hours ago
More
Replying to @BlueJayGal
It turned out to be a graphically-worded invitation to essentially, an orgy. It had specific rules: no social media (what happens here, stays here), no significant others, cheaters welcome, “intoxication is not optional”, and more.
8 replies 37 retweets 33 likes
Reply 8 Retweet 37 Like 33

Katie Lawrence Balloch‏
@BlueJayGal
3h3 hours ago
More
Sadly, the Gregg Zaun news doesn’t really come as a shock to me. Six years ago, he asked for my email over Twitter DM. He then sent me, a 21-year-old girl he’d never met, an invitation to a Grey Cup “Party” in Vancouver.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Unless she actually produces the tweets from his account, isn't it all hearsay? :135:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:Unless she actually produces the tweets from his account, isn't it all hearsay? :135:
He said she said which is what we've seen a lot of lately.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Exactly, so who to believe?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

There have always been those who make up allegations against another after a bad break up or at divorce hearings, for example. However, someone in the public eye who has a habit of inappropriate behavior is likely to have multiple people step forward with similar reports. It's pretty easy to sort out those with fanciful imaginations due to mental illness or attention seeking.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Social Concerns”