Take that hippie

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jflem1983
Guru

Take that hippie

Post by Jflem1983 »

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... -activist/

Lol. Bet he remembers what he did wrong .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Take that hippie

Post by Queen K »

During the arguments, one of the anti-hunting advocates grabbed the reins of a woman’s horse to prevent the animal from joining in the hunt.

The rider repeatedly warned the activist to let go of her horse and when he persisted, she raised her riding crop and brought it crashing down on his head. Repeatedly. In fact, she slashed at him up to 17 times before he wisely turned loose of the reins(NSFW):

Okay, so they hate the hunters more than they love the animals according to the hunting crowd.

The guy laid hands on the reins, actually endangering the rider.
She grabs her riding crop and beats the hell out of him.

Okay, seems fair enough.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Oh! Sorry! Wrong door.

Looking for S & M thread.

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Catsumi wrote:Oh! Sorry! Wrong door.

Looking for S & M thread.

:biggrin:

:hailjo: :laugh:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I'm pretty sure that traditional fox hunts are illegal in the England and have been since 2004, additionally, there is no mention of a fox in the video description, so I suspect that Breitbart is materially wrong with it's report, which one expects from Breitbart. It is not unusual for hunters to find ways around it actually being a fox hunt, including engaging in scent hunting and such, but for the most part traditional fox hunts are a thing of the past and with the Conservatives having the slenderest of majority support for their minority government, it is highly unlikely that the ban will be repealed any time soon.

This is a very complex issue in Britain as this kind of hunting, where the fox is torn apart by the dogs, for sport, is just a little brutal and many consider it particularly inhumane. This kind of hunt was also protected where the hunters were free to cross through fields, without requiring permission of the land owner, not always respecting the land owners property. There have been many incidents of hunters attacking non-violent protesters and documenting observers, and obviously lots of violence between active protesters and hunters. The hunters are known for getting their knickers in a bunch when lesser people get in the way of their sport, and petty violence is not rare.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, it's very much a social class issue isn't it. Classism.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:I'm pretty sure that traditional fox hunts are illegal in the England and have been since 2004, additionally, there is no mention of a fox in the video description, so I suspect that Breitbart is materially wrong with it's report, which one expects from Breitbart. It is not unusual for hunters to find ways around it actually being a fox hunt, including engaging in scent hunting and such, but for the most part traditional fox hunts are a thing of the past and with the Conservatives having the slenderest of majority support for their minority government, it is highly unlikely that the ban will be repealed any time soon.

This is a very complex issue in Britain as this kind of hunting, where the fox is torn apart by the dogs, for sport, is just a little brutal and many consider it particularly inhumane. This kind of hunt was also protected where the hunters were free to cross through fields, without requiring permission of the land owner, not always respecting the land owners property. There have been many incidents of hunters attacking non-violent protesters and documenting observers, and obviously lots of violence between active protesters and hunters. The hunters are known for getting their knickers in a bunch when lesser people get in the way of their sport, and petty violence is not rare.

This is the meat and potatoes of what i found on wikipedia.

After the ban on fox hunting, hunts follow artificially laid trails, or use exemptions laid out in the Act, although the League Against Cruel Sports has alleged that breaches of law may be taking place by some hunts. 
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Verum wrote:I'm pretty sure that traditional fox hunts are illegal in the England and have been since 2004, additionally, there is no mention of a fox in the video description, so I suspect that Breitbart is materially wrong with it's report, which one expects from Breitbart. It is not unusual for hunters to find ways around it actually being a fox hunt, including engaging in scent hunting and such, but for the most part traditional fox hunts are a thing of the past and with the Conservatives having the slenderest of majority support for their minority government, it is highly unlikely that the ban will be repealed any time soon.

This is the meat and potatoes of what i found on wikipedia.

After the ban on fox hunting, hunts follow artificially laid trails, or use exemptions laid out in the Act, although the League Against Cruel Sports has alleged that breaches of law may be taking place by some hunts. 

That's basically what I said. Artificially laid trails for hounds is a scent trail. Fox hunting is essentially a thing of the past in England, but facts never got in the way of a Breitbart story. I guess they really are stories when they're in Breitbart. I wonder what kind of person falls for them? I guess the same kind who thinks that the Onion is a real news source.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Who reads breitbart? The same kind of person who posts a thread called "take that hippe"...

:up:

Return to “Social Concerns”