Sleeping Beauty Should be Removed or Censored

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Re: Sleeping Beauty Should be Removed or Censored

Post by just popping in »

Wonder what/if her parents read to her as a child.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

alanjh595 wrote:I am just wondering. Has Shakespere's Romeo and Juliet been removed from the skool's librarys yet? Now that is one reely good stry. About this guy who climes up a girl's hair to git in hur bedroom. That is 1 sexy story.

Somebody did tell me that, Huck Finn has also been banned.

What is this world of snowflakes become?

Romeo climbed the wall with a rope ladder.
Rapunzel was the lady with the long hair.
At any rate, it appears in both instances their relationship was consensual.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

alanjh595 wrote:I am just wondering. Has Shakespere's Romeo and Juliet been removed from the skool's librarys yet? Now that is one reely good stry. About this guy who climes up a girl's hair to git in hur bedroom. That is 1 sexy story.

Somebody did tell me that, Huck Finn has also been banned.

What is this world of snowflakes become?

Silverstarqueen wrote:Romeo climbed the wall with a rope ladder.
Rapunzel was the lady with the long hair.
At any rate, it appears in both instances their relationship was consensual.

I don't recall reading that either of these two young ladies were older than the age of consent which is likely why they were kept locked away in difficult to access 2nd story rooms. The cunning young men used different techniques to woo the girls but
in the end if it was today they would be facing charges of corrupting the morals of a minor so maybe consentual may be a bit of a broad a statement.
Waste not
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

The age of consent back in the day was around 12 for girls, 14 for boys. Not sure how old these kids were, but parents certainly had their hands full keeping kids apart it seems. The heart wants what it wants.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Is it inappropriate for the prince to withhold necessary medical treatment for a long term coma because the treatment is perceived to have negative side effects?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've often wondered if the story isn't really another allegory, like Beauty and the Beast. Only in Sleeping Beauty it really about kissing the girl who doesn't necessarily get all the attention ("sleeping") and the man finding himself with a greater beauty than if he had just chased the "pretty girls."

And LordEd, you would have gotten a PM about your medical attention comment, but here we are, "kissing as medicine may be a antidote to a great many of the World's ills."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Just a different direction. Rights of an unconscious patient to get/deny treatment.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.

Return to “Social Concerns”