There's no such thing as mental illness

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: There's no such thing as mental illness

Postby Queen K » Nov 27th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Catsumi wrote:In the Quirks and Quarks Nov 9, 2017 podcast there is a segment entitled Dream Believers featuring a doctor who has interesting theory regarding mental illness and possible cause.

It involves something some of us like to do very much ...daydreaming

I just read this as "Quirks, Quarks and Quacks." :biggrin:

Given the number of times I see "mental illness" being used as a defense I wonder how many criminally accused believe "IF ONLY I could get everyone to believe I was just daydreaming!"

Knowing several with mental illness, I wish daydreaming was it. Unfortunately some aren't functioning with mental illness, everything needs to be structured for them, in homes. I've worked with enough of them.
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13011 posts

Postby Catsumi » Nov 27th, 2017, 7:03 pm

QK, may I respectfully suggest you listen to that segment as your interpretation from the title alone is not the correct interpretation of the interview. It takes 5 min.

I have no dog in this thread but thought of you all while I was listening.
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2456 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 27th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Okay, because you asked, I must say though, those whom I know are not daydreaming. The 13 year old who is the daughter of a former beau, was diagnosed with the most severe case of schizophrenia ever in someone so young in BC wasn't either. As I walked with her and listened, she was as ill as anyone.

I will have trouble making it to the 3 minute mark I suspect.

ETA: is there a link? I hafta work at this? :biggrin:
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13011 posts

Postby Catsumi » Nov 27th, 2017, 10:20 pm

just google Quirks and Quarks, Nov. 9, 2017, look at Daydreamers segment

That should bring it up for you.

I thought everyone in N. America tuned into this show. Hope you become a fan too. It's one of the last reasons for cbc to exist.

[icon_lol2.gif]
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2456 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns