Straight,Bi,Gay..... Does it matter?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Straight,Bi,Gay..... Does it matter?

Post by bjsilent »

I don't understand why people get so worked up over one's sexuality? Is their sexual orientation harming you or affecting your life? I myself am bisexual,i like both sexes equally and i look at everyone as an equal and do not judge them based on what they like behind closed doors.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Straight,Bi,Gay..... Does it matter?

Post by JLives »

It tends to be with religious people. They seem to think their beliefs should affect laws governing other people for some reason. It is getting better though. In Canada anyway, you can still be murdered for it in other countries.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

I have absolutely no problem with the sexual preference of anyone.

What I do have a problem with is special treatment for people according to their sexual preference. Everyone should be treated equally no matter what your sexual preference. That also goes for ethnic background, social background or gender for that matter.

Equality for all should truly mean all humans are treated the same.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

bjsilent wrote:I don't understand why people get so worked up over one's sexuality?

In what way do people get worked up? I know there's some intolerance towards gay crowd, I get it. But half the heated discussions I see about sexuality are started by people who want to discuss their sexuality. Like "Hey, I'm gay, why are you against me". Nobody is against you, nobody is opressing you. But now you're stirring up drama, and that's usually ends badly.

Just do your thing, don't get worked up over things, and get along with people. Don't understand why make it more complicated.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Wave101 wrote:I have absolutely no problem with the sexual preference of anyone.

What I do have a problem with is special treatment for people according to their sexual preference. Everyone should be treated equally no matter what your sexual preference. That also goes for ethnic background, social background or gender for that matter.

Equality for all should truly mean all humans are treated the same.

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

I agree 100% and each to their own
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly, just stop cramming it down are throat's for lack of a better word
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

To: the truth.......... I don't cram anything down anyone's throat ( i have however had a few crammed down mine yet thats neither here nor there ) I do have slight issues with the LBGTQ community always trying to force their agenda's on the rest of the public.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so different than the gay community then
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Where is this forcing and cramming coming from? And why does everything have to be a penis innuendo?

What they have been asking for is equality. Gay marriage is equality. We can just call it marriage now. Trans people just want to poop where they are with their gender. That is equality. They want to not be hated by anyone for being who they are unless who they are is a jerk. That is equality. Where is this special treatment? Where is this agenda?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

The most vocal people left standing in the whole LGBQABCDE debate are the LGBQABCDE people. They are like the Japanese soldiers isolated on an island in the Pacific who don't know the war is over and still firing shots at anyone who comes near. They leave most of us in the hetro world scratching our heads wondering what all the ranting is about.

It seems only the most radical, the most in your face, the most green/purple/orange haired , gstring in public, french kissing and groping on the street corner, chain wearing with latex are still ranting about equality. Most straight people who are seen as their adversaries would object to hetero demonstrations of sexuality to these extremes.

Lighten up. You have all the rights as anyone. Get over yourselves and settle in to a normal life like anyone else. You are not a victim. You are not special and don't deserve more rights than anyone else. Don't expect, as any straight person would not, acceptance of extreme behavior that is anomalously outside of common life standards. Stop behaving like queer idiots in public and ranting at the reaction as it would be the same for a hetro idiot to parade their sexuality in public.

I and everyone around me in my boring, middle class, straight circles accept you as we accept anyone. Stop looking for special treatment.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

JLives wrote:Where is this forcing and cramming coming from? And why does everything have to be a penis innuendo?

What they have been asking for is equality. Gay marriage is equality. We can just call it marriage now. Trans people just want to poop where they are with their gender. That is equality. They want to not be hated by anyone for being who they are unless who they are is a jerk. That is equality. Where is this special treatment? Where is this agenda?

We could go with vaginal innuendo's if that makes you feel better?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

JLives wrote:Where is this forcing and cramming coming from? And why does everything have to be a penis innuendo?

bjsilent wrote:We could go with vaginal innuendo's if that makes you feel better?

I don't understand where the (penis) innuendo is in the first place?? Maybe a different frame of mind is required.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote:The most vocal people left standing in the whole LGBQABCDE debate are the LGBQABCDE people.

*snip*

Lighten up. You have all the rights as anyone. Get over yourselves and settle in to a normal life like anyone else. You are not a victim. You are not special and don't deserve more rights than anyone else. Don't expect, as any straight person would not, acceptance of extreme behavior that is anomalously outside of common life standards. Stop behaving like queer idiots in public and ranting at the reaction as it would be the same for a hetro idiot to parade their sexuality in public.

I and everyone around me in my boring, middle class, straight circles accept you as we accept anyone. Stop looking for special treatment.

You belittle them, albeit in a minor way, and then say that the mistreatment they're speaking about, isn't happening. I suppose you think racism is over too.

If you think those on the LBGTQ spectrum are no longer being mistreated, and no longer having their human rights trampled, it's probably because you just don't see it in your boring, middle class, straight circle. When's the last time you had a conversation with a trans person, and asked what they experience day to day?

And what extreme behaviour are you talking about? And don't bring up something you saw in a news story about a Pride parade.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

guess you missed the pride parade anticks [icon_lol2.gif] anyone else would of been arrested for gross indecency

Return to “Social Concerns”