Nuclear disaster inevitable

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Nuclear disaster inevitable

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 28th, 2018, 4:06 pm

LTD wrote:ya they thought that with Iraq Afghanistan Vietnam Korea last time I dont think theyre as powerful as people think

WHO? The USA? or .........?
Just asking for clarification.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 2980 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 28th, 2018, 7:08 pm

LTD wrote:ya they thought that with Iraq Afghanistan Vietnam Korea last time I dont think theyre as powerful as people think

Dealing with the North Korea of 2018 is not anything like the N Korea of the 50's. If all citizens capable of being deployed were, they would have the largest army on Earth. Equipment is way out of date but they have huge numbers in artillery, anti- aircraft defences, and armour.
Their air force could be dealt with by lunch time. Minor problem...by late fall of 2018 they could have 60-80 low yield kiloton fission, and 10-20 medium yield fusion deliverable . Possibly MIRVed by early 2019.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 524 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 10th, 2018, 12:20 am

Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Thinktank » Feb 10th, 2018, 6:52 am

oldtrucker wrote:If all citizens capable of being deployed were, they would have the largest army on Earth.

Let's do some math. After USA Russia is the largest army on earth. Russia couldn't afford a war, and lost badly to a few million mountainous tribe people - living in the mountains of Afghanistan - yet even Canadian taxpayers must pay out money for defense - because Russia is such a great big huge threat. Supposedly - if we believe the weapons industry. (we're getting ripped off)

Saddam had the fourth largest army on earth - after USA, Russia, and Britain. Yet, it just took us a few months to slaughter millions of Iraqis, and hard working American taxpayers payed $6 trillion dollars. (we're getting ripped off)

So North Korea is not a threat to anyone. North Korea's army is not largest anywhere. North Korea would be 1% as powerful as Russia, which means the backward tribe people of Afghanistan could beat the crap out of Kim Jong-un - in a few months - about the same amount of time it took USA to defeat the powerful "WMD" threat of Iraq.

The only thing North Korea is big in - is Kim Jong-un's opinion of himself. Cuba, which has an economy the size of Calgary, could probably beat N Korea in a war.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 556 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 11th, 2018, 1:36 am

'thinktank'...your kidding right? North Korea including reserves and paramilitary would have the most ground troops by quite a bit.

Bpeep likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Thinktank » Feb 11th, 2018, 7:11 am

Could North Korea actually do anything even if they wanted to? Nope - they're too poor.

Let's see how North Korea's economy compares with Oreos.

North Korea - US$22.9 billion, or US$1,038 per capita.

Oreo sales worldwide - $3.25 billion.

North Korea is seven times as strong as Oreos. And Alberta's economy is $400 billion - twenty times
as big as North Korea. Does that sound like the "hermit Kingdom" is a threat to anyone?

^ Do they look like any kind of threat to anyone?

USA almost gives more free weapons to Israel, than North Korea's entire economy - almost.

USA - spends more on weapons than all other countries combined. No one is a threat to USA.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 11th, 2018, 3:15 pm

'thinktank'...Does 60-100 deliverable fission and 10-20 deliverable fusion(low estimate)compute? At that point ,it doesn't matter about money. They don't need money to deliver these warheads.
BTW...the pic you posted is not US aircraft-they don't fly Qatari Mirage 2000's.
Last edited by oldtrucker on Feb 12th, 2018, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Ka-El » Feb 11th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Thinktank wrote: ^ Do they look like any kind of threat to anyone?

Would this qualify as a threat?

Not a Russian Bot !

Snman likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4375 posts

Postby Thinktank » Feb 11th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Ka-El wrote:Would this qualify as a threat?

Yes.

I think Russia wanted to reduce the number of threats in the world, but USA refused. It looks
like Israel is 80 times bigger threat than Iran ever will be.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby Ka-El » Feb 11th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Thinktank wrote: I think Russia wanted to reduce the number of threats in the world, but USA refused. It looks
like Israel is 80 times bigger threat than Iran ever will be.

So what you're saying is since there are already such a large number of nuclear weapons in play around the world no one should be concerned by rogue states such as Iran and North Korea having a bunch of their own. What could go wrong?
Not a Russian Bot !
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Thinktank » Feb 12th, 2018, 8:05 am

Ka-El wrote:So what you're saying is ....no one should be concerned ....

We should be concerned. Even a deer could jump out on the road once in a while so we should be concerned about everything. But how much? That's where math comes in.
Math. Math is used in our life for everything. Every day. All the time.

Q: Are you concerned about eating silly putty in your french fries?
A: :smt045 Yes. 100%.

Q: Are you concerned about Trump starting a war in the next three years?
A: :smt045 Yes. America is the biggest warmonger on earth, and the richest and most powerful and most dishonest. I'm 90% concerned.

Q: Are you concerned that Km Jong-Un will commit suicide by attacking a country 30,000,000 times as powerful as he is?
A: :smt045 Yes. I am .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% concerned about North Korea 'starting' a war.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby Ka-El » Feb 12th, 2018, 9:10 am

take cover ...

Not a Russian Bot !

Snman likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Thinktank » Feb 12th, 2018, 12:16 pm

With 410 nuclear power plants in the world the next nuclear disaster is going to happen - somewhere
yet no one wants to talk about it. Are we prepared for another nuclear disaster? Nope.

But Leader of North Korea is in the news. There's no chance he wants to send a rocket that crashes
into the ocean 1,000 miles from California - zero chance - because then Trump would have an excuse
to get furious on his country and steal all his stuff. He doesn't want that. no wants want his stuff stolen.
Do you think Gadafy wanted Harper and the other criminals to kill him and steal his 130 tons of gold?
of course not.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Feb 12th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Well 'thinktank' ,you are so correct about the math in our lives. As I said in the very beginning of this thread,the vast majority of people, 95% plus, will be in complete denial, with no thought put into emergency planning. It amazes me that even with hard facts people won't even consider it .Perhaps it's to horrible for the majority to contemplate or deal with. Ka-el; last post/pic of a person with their head in the sand is so applicable to that vast majority.
Totally disagree with you on NK worrying about money. The money they do have goes strait into weapons development. I can't see spending that much money on a nuclear weapons program, but be unwilling to use those weapons. Rocketman has declared that those weapons are earmarked solely for the U.S. mainland. He doesn't need nukes to win a Korean theatre of war.

Ka-El likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 1st, 2018, 12:15 am

oldtrucker
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns