Nuclear disaster inevitable

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Nuclear disaster inevitable

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 1st, 2018, 2:44 pm

Putin today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/putin-russ ... -1.4556986

Lets have a look at the situation to the south west of us :
Trident base Bangor Wash. 6 mi. long x 3 mi. wide ,huge target-will look like the surface of the moon from surface detonations.
11 miles to the south is Bremerton naval complex, and 34 miles to the NE is the naval base in Everett. Plus 2 bases( non strategic) to the west of us on Vancouver Is.
We,here in the Kelowna area are only 210 miles to the NE and, on a bad SW wind day...always a good idea to keep the fallout shelter tuned up. Quick math- at least 15 surface detionations for strategic targets only. This is a fatal place to be.I'd rather be up near Terrace BC on that day. Better yet...New Zealand.
Some would view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them...That should just about cover why some nations are laughing at how soft and weak we have become.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 461 posts

Postby Ka-El » Mar 3rd, 2018, 12:12 pm

oldtrucker wrote: This is a fatal place to be.I'd rather be up near Terrace BC on that day.

Both Kitimat and Prince Rupert have deep water ports and industry. Targets? Maybe, maybe not.

New Zealand (or somewhere in the southern hemisphere) definitely the better choice :smt045
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4172 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 3rd, 2018, 12:46 pm

Ka-El wrote:
oldtrucker wrote: This is a fatal place to be.I'd rather be up near Terrace BC on that day.

Both Kitimat and Prince Rupert have deep water ports and industry. Targets? Maybe, maybe not.

New Zealand (or somewhere in the southern hemisphere) definitely the better choice :smt045

I can promise anyone for what my promise is worth-they are not targets even remotely.If a target is worth one nuclear asset...it's worth 3 nuclear assets,or more- like the targets in naval complex Kitsap.
Some would view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them...That should just about cover why some nations are laughing at how soft and weak we have become.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby oldtrucker » May 1st, 2018, 1:02 am

North Korea is stalling/lying to everyone,- as his father did. as well as gramps with a fake olive branch. They claim they can't test anymore due to test site collapse. They knew that the site would be unusable after the last 150-250 kiloton test they did.
Once the math and physics on a thermo-nuclear weapon is figured out and it is proven, no more testing will be required ( there will be a 25% ish warhead failure rate) . They are buying time right now to produce 10-15 fission (yield, 6-15 kiloton), and 5ish fusion (yield ,150-300 kiloton) per year.
Have no doubt, Iran is working closely with North Korea for mutual benefit so they can take out Israel, which has 120-200 undeclared warheads. I can see a preemptive from Israel on Iran...kind of like "Operation Opera/Babylon" where in 1981, the Israeli air force using F-16A's ,struck the Iraqi Osirak reactor 17 km south of Baghdad, The preemptive wiped any possible useful future use of the facility.
Last edited by oldtrucker on May 2nd, 2018, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Thinktank » May 1st, 2018, 1:50 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Have no doubt, Iran is working closely with North Korea for mutual benefit so they can take out Israel....

[icon_lol2.gif] ^

That's Rexella. ^ She and Jack VanImpe appointed themselves (and they earn $millions from gullible Christians)
as the people who will predict the future. They said Russia, North Korea, Iran and Syria are going to attack Israel
because - get this - "there is a lot of wealth in Israel."

Will the insanity in this world never end?

(the wealth in Israel - $trillions - is on paper. You can't steal wealth like that.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 542 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 12th, 2018, 4:15 pm

The Singapore summit just improved global security bigtime. Perhaps the doomsday clock will be moved back a few minutes now. Had the summit not happened or a agreement not reached...the clock would have reached midnight in a few months or less.
Bloody good job-... to those that made it happen. :up:
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 12th, 2018, 4:23 pm

oldtrucker wrote:North Korea is stalling/lying to everyone,- as his father did. as well as gramps with a fake olive branch. They claim they can't test anymore due to test site collapse. They knew that the site would be unusable after the last 150-250 kiloton test they did.
Once the math and physics on a thermo-nuclear weapon is figured out and it is proven, no more testing will be required ( there will be a 25% ish warhead failure rate) . They are buying time right now to produce 10-15 fission (yield, 6-15 kiloton), and 5ish fusion (yield ,150-300 kiloton) per year.
Have no doubt, Iran is working closely with North Korea for mutual benefit so they can take out Israel, which has 120-200 undeclared warheads. I can see a preemptive from Israel on Iran...kind of like "Operation Opera/Babylon" where in 1981, the Israeli air force using F-16A's ,struck the Iraqi Osirak reactor 17 km south of Baghdad, The preemptive wiped any possible useful future use of the facility.

I was off in my conservative estimate of how many deliverable warheads NK could produce. It turns out that they were able to produce 3 times the amount that I originally thought in half the time. Some current estimates are now placing the count at 80-120.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby LTD » Jun 12th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Ka-El wrote:

you mean terrace right by Alaska that also has multiple military installations and missile sites
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2533 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 12th, 2018, 5:03 pm

LTD wrote:you mean terrace right by Alaska that also has multiple military installations and missile sites

All the targets in Alaska ( 9 bases that are possible targets- not including radar sites, population or industrial centers) are further north, like the Ft. Greely ABM launch site ( absolute for sure target). Juneau is south and is only a 'maybe'. Terrace is very safe on a 'good' wind day. Alaska would be on the plate for Russia or China, but not for NK, as NK would be targeting large population centers south of the 49th. other than Elmendorf, and Ft. Greely ,which would be obvious targets.
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Thinktank » Jun 12th, 2018, 5:37 pm

oldtrucker wrote:Perhaps the doomsday clock will be moved...

It's like when Christians sitting in a church say "the end is very very near." JWs do it the most.
But all Christians like the idea of Doomsday.

The Doomsday clock should be called the BS clock. It never was a problem and never will be.

Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 12th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Thinktank wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:Perhaps the doomsday clock will be moved...

It's like when Christians sitting in a church say "the end is very very near." JWs do it the most.
But all Christians like the idea of Doomsday.

The Doomsday clock should be called the BS clock. It never was a problem and never will be.

So you feel that the US would not have done a preemptive in the near future on NK Thinktank?
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Thinktank » Jun 12th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Some goofball Atomic Scientists at University of Chicago, decided to make a clock (probably for a joke)
that says how close humans are to becoming "EXTINCT" after a big global war.

There's no such thing. ...

the biggest thing that could happen is contaminating the world with some bombs.
it would make some people sick. Cancer rates would go up. etc.

Thinktank
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 13th, 2018, 12:24 am

Thinktank wrote:Some goofball Atomic Scientists at University of Chicago, decided to make a clock (probably for a joke)
that says how close humans are to becoming "EXTINCT" after a big global war.

There's no such thing. ...

the biggest thing that could happen is contaminating the world with some bombs.
it would make some people sick. Cancer rates would go up. etc.

You are correct- assuming it was a limited nuclear war.
Even if it wasn't a limited nuclear war, but a all out NATO/Russia/China global nuclear war, there would still be small groups of people in the southern hemisphere that would make it.
In fact, over 90% of the population would still be alive and would not have been killed directly by nuclear weapons detonations. Essentially every human on earth would eventually succumb to starvation, radiation sickness, or disease within 3 months.
Most of North America and Eurasia would be dead zones.
Then, there is the fallout from 400 plus nuclear power plants/spent fuel storage- in aerosol form globally, as well as the fallout, and sun blocking radioactive smoke from 2000 plus detonations to deal with.
Most placental mammals would be severely effected. Bugs, reptiles and fish (the ones that survive asteroid impacts)-not so much.
Some areas will be habitable within a few weeks, and other areas- not for thousands of years.
No power grid, no industry, no transport, no food and only those who are well prepared with a fully stocked fallout shelter would survive.
Yeah...for the most part, I would call it a extinction event. The doomsday clock is a simple representation by 'The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists' of how close we are to pulling off the lovely event I described above .
oldtrucker
Generalissimo Postalot

Previous

Return to Social Concerns