Nuclear disaster inevitable

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Nuclear disaster inevitable

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: I don't think there would be any kind of nuclear winter in a Korean situation.

Don't forget, anything can happen once the missiles start flying, and North Korea and United States are not the only countries with missiles to launch. I think it would be far preferable that none of those things goes off, but I alsoI believe we are currently as close to that actually happening than we have ever been. No point losing sleep over it though.

:digging:
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ka-El wrote:
oldtrucker wrote: I don't think there would be any kind of nuclear winter in a Korean situation.

Don't forget, anything can happen once the missiles start flying, and North Korea and United States are not the only countries with missiles to launch. I think it would be far preferable that none of those things goes off, but I alsoI believe we are currently as close to that actually happening than we have ever been. No point losing sleep over it though.

:digging:

I don't see that. All I see is a bluff by North Korea to keep the USA from invading. I'm not convinced that North Korea is that close to having the capabilities of hitting the states.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

A bluff by NK for cash, perhaps. US cannot invade NK, China won't stand for it, imho. I think NK has played it's game well and has the US in proverbial check. They could drop a nuke on a US city but the US probably can't respond in kind, again because of China. Just my take on the situation.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

johnny24 wrote: I don't see that. All I see is a bluff by North Korea to keep the USA from invading. I'm not convinced that North Korea is that close to having the capabilities of hitting the states.

It is never a prudent move to underestimate a threat. North Korea doesn't need to hit the mainland States to start nuclear war. They could strike Hawaii. The could strike a naval battle group on the open sea. Someone could press a button by accident.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ka-El wrote:
johnny24 wrote: I don't see that. All I see is a bluff by North Korea to keep the USA from invading. I'm not convinced that North Korea is that close to having the capabilities of hitting the states.

It is never a prudent move to underestimate a threat. North Korea doesn't need to hit the mainland States to start nuclear war. They could strike Hawaii. The could strike a naval battle group on the open sea. Someone could press a button by accident.

An accident is most likely. There was a report that they may have already accidently hit one of their own cities.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

j watson wrote:A bluff by NK for cash, perhaps. US cannot invade NK, China won't stand for it, imho. I think NK has played it's game well and has the US in proverbial check. They could drop a nuke on a US city but the US probably can't respond in kind, again because of China. Just my take on the situation.

I disagree. If N Korea strikes 1st, the gloves come off and the US will dump everything they have on them. China will not intercede unless the US strikes 1st.
The US has a very itchy trigger finger and they are looking for the opportunity to wipe them (the government, not the people) off the map.
I don't believe that the US would unleash ICBMs, but they would use aircraft deployed bombs. The US has a huge military force parked right on the NK doorstep and could wipe them off the map within days.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya they thought that with Iraq Afghanistan Vietnam Korea last time I dont think theyre as powerful as people think
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

LTD wrote:ya they thought that with Iraq Afghanistan Vietnam Korea last time I dont think theyre as powerful as people think

WHO? The USA? or .........?
Just asking for clarification.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

oldtrucker wrote:If all citizens capable of being deployed were, they would have the largest army on Earth.

Let's do some math. After USA Russia is the largest army on earth. Russia couldn't afford a war, and lost badly to a few million mountainous tribe people - living in the mountains of Afghanistan - yet even Canadian taxpayers must pay out money for defense - because Russia is such a great big huge threat. Supposedly - if we believe the weapons industry. (we're getting ripped off)

Saddam had the fourth largest army on earth - after USA, Russia, and Britain. Yet, it just took us a few months to slaughter millions of Iraqis, and hard working American taxpayers payed $6 trillion dollars. (we're getting ripped off)

So North Korea is not a threat to anyone. North Korea's army is not largest anywhere. North Korea would be 1% as powerful as Russia, which means the backward tribe people of Afghanistan could beat the crap out of Kim Jong-un - in a few months - about the same amount of time it took USA to defeat the powerful "WMD" threat of Iraq.

The only thing North Korea is big in - is Kim Jong-un's opinion of himself. Cuba, which has an economy the size of Calgary, could probably beat N Korea in a war.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Could North Korea actually do anything even if they wanted to? Nope - they're too poor.

Let's see how North Korea's economy compares with Oreos.

North Korea - US$22.9 billion, or US$1,038 per capita.

Oreo sales worldwide - $3.25 billion.

North Korea is seven times as strong as Oreos. And Alberta's economy is $400 billion - twenty times
as big as North Korea. Does that sound like the "hermit Kingdom" is a threat to anyone?

^ Do they look like any kind of threat to anyone?

USA almost gives more free weapons to Israel, than North Korea's entire economy - almost.

USA - spends more on weapons than all other countries combined. No one is a threat to USA.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Thinktank wrote: ^ Do they look like any kind of threat to anyone?

Would this qualify as a threat?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ka-El wrote:Would this qualify as a threat?

Yes.

I think Russia wanted to reduce the number of threats in the world, but USA refused. It looks
like Israel is 80 times bigger threat than Iran ever will be.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Thinktank wrote: I think Russia wanted to reduce the number of threats in the world, but USA refused. It looks
like Israel is 80 times bigger threat than Iran ever will be.

So what you're saying is since there are already such a large number of nuclear weapons in play around the world no one should be concerned by rogue states such as Iran and North Korea having a bunch of their own. What could go wrong?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ka-El wrote:So what you're saying is ....no one should be concerned ....

We should be concerned. Even a deer could jump out on the road once in a while so we should be concerned about everything. But how much? That's where math comes in.
Math. Math is used in our life for everything. Every day. All the time.

Q: Are you concerned about eating silly putty in your french fries?
A: :smt045 Yes. 100%.

Q: Are you concerned about Trump starting a war in the next three years?
A: :smt045 Yes. America is the biggest warmonger on earth, and the richest and most powerful and most dishonest. I'm 90% concerned.

Q: Are you concerned that Km Jong-Un will commit suicide by attacking a country 30,000,000 times as powerful as he is?
A: :smt045 Yes. I am .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% concerned about North Korea 'starting' a war.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

take cover ...

Return to “Social Concerns”