Nuclear disaster inevitable

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Nuclear disaster inevitable

Postby Catsumi » Aug 1st, 2018, 11:14 am

Wear a hat and stay out of the sun for awhile, OT.

Relax until Doomsday, ok? :200:
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3398 posts

Postby Thinktank » Aug 1st, 2018, 4:11 pm

Some important Americans were swallowing their saliva at the possibility of a limited nuclear war in Iran.

It's not Seattle that's going to be hit with a bomb. It's Libya. Iraq. Syria. Iran. Countries like that.
I can totally see Ukraine being blasted with some nuclear weapons that will last forever -
and be killing them hundreds of years from now. .....bomb dropped by America.

But in Canada we're totally safe, except for the radiation that floats over here. Like from Fuku.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 576 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Aug 2nd, 2018, 3:47 am

Catsumi wrote:Relax until Doomsday, ok?

It's not doomsday. It's the day and following years that I acquire a whole bunch of land. Besides, who else do you know on here that is mentally ill enough to study this stuff for years and post on it.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 823 posts

Postby Catsumi » Aug 2nd, 2018, 8:36 am

It's heartening that you are thinking ahead of this disaster, rubbing forepaws together, crooning "land, lotsa land"

You're Not mentally deranged OT, just an opportunist. :biggrin:

Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Postby oldtrucker » Aug 2nd, 2018, 10:26 am

Thinktank wrote:Some important Americans were swallowing their saliva at the possibility of a limited nuclear war in Iran.

It's not Seattle that's going to be hit with a bomb. It's Libya. Iraq. Syria. Iran. Countries like that.
I can totally see Ukraine being blasted with some nuclear weapons that will last forever -
and be killing them hundreds of years from now. .....bomb dropped by America.

But in Canada we're totally safe, except for the radiation that floats over here. Like from Fuku.

You may be correct. The world is thirsting for war in so many ways. The farther and longer the elastic gets stretched, the bigger the snap back. Don't discount the Seattle /Tacoma area to quickly... The Trident base in Bangor/ naval complex Kitsap would be target number one in any conflict...or number two if one takes the Trident base into account in Kings Bay, Georgia.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby tsayta » Aug 6th, 2018, 7:19 pm

What about hanford? Still pretty leaky down there
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1630 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Aug 17th, 2018, 10:30 am

tsayta wrote:What about hanford? Still pretty leaky down there

Hanford can no longer have a meltdown unless the spent/stored plutonium comes together somehow and starts uncontrolled fission, but yes, it is still leaking into the Colorado River and it's still contaminating at least 130 sq miles of ground water.

On a really positive note, if all the forest fires that have or will be burned in 2018 in BC equalled roughly 200,000 hectares, the burned area would be (initially... but a way ,way bigger burned area ongoing) equivalent to only one, high yield Chinese 4 megaton Dong Feng-5 (DF-5) ICBM detonating over Seattle/Tacoma/ Kitsap Naval complex.
Multiply that with at least 15 detonations on that area...

Nice pic on Cnet
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/234161 ... ud-over-BC
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby oldtrucker » Dec 20th, 2018, 1:30 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#245037

Something that the article doesn't explain...
The U.S. has already taken out the nuclear warheads (W88 475kt , W78 350kt and W76 100kt) out of some of the UGM-133 Trident II sub launched ballistic missiles (SLBM). Replaced the warheads with a 1000kg conventional warhead in a program called 'Prompt Global Strike' that can use the accuracy of the missiles ( circular error probable -CEP less than 200 m) to deliver a conventional warhead anywhere on earth in less than 30 minutes, where in the past a quick strike using aircraft would take at least 24 hours. 2 or 3 SLBMs flying out of the ocean could easily be mistaken for a nuclear strike, which is what Putin is bringing attention to.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Catsumi » Dec 20th, 2018, 2:06 pm

I have seen dolphins airbound that could be mistaken for missiles too. Sleek as warheads.

dirtybiker likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Previous

Return to Social Concerns