Murderers & Canadian justice system

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Murderers & Canadian justice system

Post by GordonH »

impo anyone convicted of murder & sentence to a life conviction (impo 25 years is to short, victim life is over.... never to return) should never be granted parole (ever).
These 2 scumbags should serve their 2 murder conviction consecutively with no parole period.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/21 ... sly-murder

To those who feel I'm to harsh, did any murderers show any compassion to their victims.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Murderers & Canadian justice system

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:impo anyone convicted of murder & sentence to a life conviction (impo 25 years is to short, victim life is over.... never to return) should never be granted parole (ever).
These 2 scumbags should serve their 2 murder conviction consecutively with no parole period.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/21 ... sly-murder

To those who feel I'm to harsh, did any murderers show any compassion to their victims.

Id make a few exceptions. But for the most part i agree. I think justified homicide is a real thing. I think if someone intrudes in your home have at em. But yes for the most part i agree gordon
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

<snip> While it will be up to Justice Michael Code to decide whether the two men will serve concurrent or consecutive sentences for the Bosma and Babcock murders, all 12 jurors recommended a consecutive sentence for Millard. Five recommended the same for Smich, while seven had no recommendation. <snip>

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017 ... death.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

For multiple murders I prefer consecutively.
1=25, 2=50, 3=75 etc.... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Some of these guys get off just cuz the courts are so backed up. How can court be too backed up for a murder trial. What are the courts for then ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Jflem1983 wrote:Some of these guys get off just cuz the courts are so backed up. How can court be too backed up for a murder trial. What are the courts for then ?

Purposely or accidently cheat the government out of MONEY and you will see what the Canadian courts are for.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If you "accidentally" cheat the government of their money due, you are given an opportunity to make it right.
If you deliberately do it,the government would far rather get their money, than spend more money on the courts.
So there has to be some recourse, otherwise a lot of people would be making a lot more accidental or deliberate failures to pay.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Jflem1983 wrote:How can court be too backed up for a murder trial

Should be like an emergency room , when someone walks in with signs of a heart attack you walk straight in for treatment.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jimmy4321 wrote: Should be like an emergency room , when someone walks in with signs of a heart attack you walk straight in for treatment.

That's right and no chance for a defense at all. Just take them out to the closest tree and hang em! (sarcasm off)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jflem1983 wrote: How can court be too backed up for a murder trial.

You wouldn't like the answer to that question. More than ten years ago there were people warning everyone this was coming down the tube due to reckless fiscal mismanagement by ideologically driven governments. We've just started paying the piper.

Return to “Social Concerns”