Predatory Marriages

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Predatory Marriages

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

A determined, focussed woman can surely boot a few of those money hungry kids off the ramp.

A little effort can pay off big time. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Really found those early cougar life commercials funny, “you fold sweaters for a living, honey”
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Successful old cougars fold money instead. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Back to the drawing board.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Maybe she really loved him.. Like Anna Nicole Smith and her hubby.
I bet lots of really ancient men happy to have their estate go to there young nubile Bride.
Gives new meaning to the song " get me to the church on time"
I'd be happy to hook up with a rich old man ( like over 90) if anyone has a spare one hanging about.
I tried early mornings and A & W.. the elderly man who approached me there said
YOu are at MY table. No *bleep*, like it is supposed to be only for him. I asked if he wanted me to move but got a free pass.
Sort of tempting to go there more often, sit at HIS table.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:
Sort of tempting to go there more often, sit at HIS table.

Sorry to have to inform you but rich lonely old men do not go to A&W for breakfast/coffee!

They are being served in bed by their pretty Philippino house maid. Who by the way is going to inherit most of the money.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Can confirm - If you're looking for the poorest/cheapest old man you can find A&W (or any fast food franchise) early AM is the place to go. Man that crowd used to drive me nuts. Spend $0.35 on a senior's coffee, refill it 6 times, hang around for hours, and act like they own the place. The big spenders would splurge on some toast. Funniest part is that they think they're such great customers because they come 5x a week and I should bend over backward to please them. News flash old dudes - you cost the franchise more than you spend.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

An argument could be made that they make an establishment look busy which attracts in NormaM flashing her cash for the potato cakes.

I hate it when I have travelled to a new town and we walk into a mom and pop place where there are established customers who forget how the owners bills are paid. They are too racous and loud usually, forgetting they aren't in their own damn kitchens.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Nothing like that 'old people' smell to perk up your appetite.
Attachments
00000000000000000000000old.png
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

@
^^^^^^^

So obvious that I am gettig too old and dense to understand above post. Would someone please spell it out for me??

Please.

Do it gently :admin:

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Well, old people smell. But it's not a hygiene issue, they secrete a chemical thru their skin called 2 nonenal. Apparently.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Thanks jwatson. Baffled me, so here is a MentalFloss item:

2 Nonenal

It is described as an “unpleasant greasy and grassy odor” in people and is also responsible for some of the “cardboard” flavor of stale beer. In 2000, Japanese researchers found that people's concentration of 2-nonenal increased with age.

You know you are old when greasy and grassy odour is just fine, but cardboard flavored beer is so YUK !

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Catsumi wrote:You know you are old when greasy and grassy odour is just fine, but cardboard flavored beer is so YUK !

So.....That's a maybe then ?

Things are looking up.. :up:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Sudsy - they are RICH because they drink 6 free refills and steal the sugar packets :)
But I like their coffee and they do beautiful toast. I swear same groups whenever I go after groceries.
There is also a woman who sits and knits and tries to sell her slippers. NOt off her feet the ones she knits.
Free Courier too. :smt045
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd be rich too if I got all that. :up:

Return to “Social Concerns”