Political Conversions

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Political Conversions

Post by Glacier »

I was having a discussion with Jonathan Kay the other day about people who have had dramatic political conversions. We came up with quite a few people who have become right-wingers overnight. eg. During the Trump election campaign, Candace Owens (AKA Red Pill Black) went from left-winger to right-winger over a single incident.

There are lots of other examples like David Horowitz who where Marxists and are now hard core right-wingers, but we could only think of a single example of someone dramatically going the other way -- Ezra Levant's former buddy, Michael Coren. One day he was a hard core Ezra Levant loving Catholic conservative, and the next day he was full blown Anglican progressive championing gay rights and condemning his former self.

Can you think of others who have switched from one side to the other? Have you? I'm interested in both directions, but I'm looking more for others going from right to left since they seem to be harder to find.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”