Bike to work - in winter? - True idiots

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
ecoforce

Bike to work - in winter? - True idiots

Post by ecoforce »

They should be banned in the Winter and should be fully responsible for all accidents caused by them.
This should be considered the danger to the society as it could kill someone or disrupt the social transport system.

It's a truly idiotic move.

Plain stupid people.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Bike to work - in winter? - True idiots

Post by LTD »

i agree its a hazard but mostly to themselves as long as my insurance covers any damage their carcass does to the underside of my vehicle I'm ok with it. Should be interesting if it hits -8 tonight lol
OKDODGER

Post by OKDODGER »

I can,t believe there are people in city government thinking this is a good idea..I guess they are nuts too!
ecoforce

Post by ecoforce »

By all means I would say go ahead in the area that is not frozen, but here? right?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

People ride bikes in all winter weather and in small and major cities everywhere. I guess Kelowna is just different..
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

It is International Winter Bike To Work Day!

https://winterbiketoworkday.org/
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

guess what idiots, you can get winter tires for bikes too. road bikes don't work so well anything else is just fine in the winter
ecoforce

Post by ecoforce »

well, it is a good indication of the intelligence, so it's okay. I will just look at them as idiots.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Yesterday would have been a great day to ride to work. I don't have a problem with it as long as people use common sense. One day last week I was driving down Gordon at about 6:15 am. There was some dufus riding in the right vehicle lane, dressed in dark clothing, with no lights on his bike when there is a perfectly good separate bike/run/walk lane along that stretch of road. I'm really surprised the guy didn't get hit.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

ecoforce wrote:well, it is a good indication of the intelligence, so it's okay. I will just look at them as idiots.

You seem to be taking this pretty personally. Is it really okay?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

JayByrd wrote:
ecoforce wrote:well, it is a good indication of the intelligence, so it's okay. I will just look at them as idiots.

You seem to be taking this pretty personally. Is it really okay?

Bikes with actual winter tires on them can be safely ridden in the winter, no problem. These threads always make me laugh - are people really so upset about this or did the OP get into some sort of accident...
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

techrtr wrote:Yesterday would have been a great day to ride to work. I don't have a problem with it as long as people use common sense. One day last week I was driving down Gordon at about 6:15 am. There was some dufus riding in the right vehicle lane, dressed in dark clothing, with no lights on his bike when there is a perfectly good separate bike/run/walk lane along that stretch of road. I'm really surprised the guy didn't get hit.

there are high viz and light requirements in the MVA, that idiot gives proper cyclists a bad name..

Return to “Social Concerns”