You Can Now Choose Your Own Race

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

You Can Now Choose Your Own Race

Post by Glacier »

If gender isn’t biologically linked, and it’s all about how you feel, then why not race?

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/barbara ... d-end-well
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: You Can Now Choose Your Own Race

Post by TreeGuy »

Or you could be racial fluid. Today I feel Chinese, tomorrow maybe Indian.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

I feel Vulcan right now.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Too bad more people didn't identify with being
smart, or logical .

I'm a minority with hate crimes projected at me.

I'm a white hetro male with conscientious work ethic and
fairly high moral standards.

I'm oppressed.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

AlienSoldier wrote:I feel Vulcan right now.

Live long & prosper
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

So, a concept created and perpetuated by us, used to describe us is going to be allowed to be modified by us? crazy idea.

Why don't we just abandon the whole idiotic concept of "race".
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

youjustcomplain wrote:So, a concept created and perpetuated by us, used to describe us is going to be allowed to be modified by us? crazy idea.

I like this guy.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

youjustcomplain wrote:So, a concept created and perpetuated by us, used to describe us is going to be allowed to be modified by us? crazy idea.

Uhmm, Race is not a 'concept '. it's scientific a fact much like 'species' and sex (i.e. gender). Rational and intelligent people don't ignore scientific facts because it makes them uncomfortable.

Should we get rid of the concept of species to? How about we all just identify as life forms? Where does it end?
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Humans are all the same species. There are variations within it, but we are all the same species. Much like a domestic dog is still canis lupus familiaris whether it's a pug or a mastiff. To say this doesn't deny certain basic differences. But focusing on those differences has never ever benefited humanity. Ever.

The concept of "race" is simply a hierarchy, created by whites, with whites at the top of it. It's a great system unless you're not white.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Rider59 wrote:

Uhmm, Race is not a 'concept '. it's scientific a fact much like 'species' and sex (i.e. gender). Rational and intelligent people don't ignore scientific facts because it makes them uncomfortable.

Should we get rid of the concept of species to? How about we all just identify as life forms? Where does it end?

Species and race are very different.

Tell me though. We all know what white looks like, but is "white" a race? What about Black? I've seen many different "shades" of black. Surely, a difference in shade doesn't indicate a new race does it? What if a white and black make a child? Is it a brand new race? Ever notice how all asians don't look the same? Is every variation that makes us different, a brand new race?
Rider59 wrote:Where does it end?

As already mentioned, race was created for a reason. It's time we throw that reason away.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

youjustcomplain wrote:Species and race are very different. No kidding Einstein. Where did I say different?

Tell me though. We all know what white looks like, but is "white" a race? Yes, Caucasian. What about Black? Yes, Black I've seen many different "shades" of black. So? Surely, a difference in shade doesn't indicate a new race does it? No, So? What if a white and black make a child? Is it a brand new race? No. Ever notice how all asians don't look the same? So? Neither do any race. Is every variation that makes us different, a brand new race?
Rider59 wrote:Where does it end?

As already mentioned, race was created for a reason. It's time we throw that reason away.

As far as classification of human beings is concerned, race refers to such classification based upon various parameters such as genetic and biological traits, language, culture, traditions, and social practices. The basic parameter for racial classification, however, remains genetic composition which manifests externally as one's anatomical appearance.

The Basic Races of Humanity
~ Caucasoid
~ Mongoloid
~ Negroid
~ Australoid

https://biologywise.com/list-of-human-races
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Race Is a Social Construct, Scientists Argue. So the jury isn't out yet then. LOL

Even if they 'win' the argument (doesn't sound scientific to me) then I guess racism has been eliminated then. Wahoo!!!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Funny that it's called 'race'

The 'human race'

I grew up in Motorsport.

Hmmmmm......

See any correlation ?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Social Concerns”