Unsettling lack of Transparency from RCMP and media

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Re: Unsettling lack of Transparency from RCMP and media

Post by Because_They_Lie »

GenesisGT wrote:You believe they lie, so wouldn't it be true that if they provided more information it would only be a lie, so why complain that you want more information from some one, you believe lies when giving information.

I want the RCMP to be held accountable for what they have done, what they are doing and what they will do.

I believe that as a public service, employed by the public, the RCMP's activities should be public domain at all times.

The RCMP's activities are purported to serve and protect the citizens who employ them, as a matter of protocol the public should be properly and absolutely informed of the why's and wherefores of their activities.

As an any employer would tell you, it is unwise and negligent to be uninformed of the activities of your operational employees.

Every citizen should demand honesty and transparency from the RCMP and the media, rather than the current approach to informing the public they utilize, which includes concealment, suppression and propagandizing.

They are Employees after all, not babysitters. (which clearly a majority of citizens would prefer)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:As an any employer would tell you, it is unwise and negligent to be uninformed of the activities of your operational employees.

Don't forget that employers allow employees to perform their duties without having to be babysat.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:The RCMP's activities are purported to serve and protect the citizens who employ them

Better to use their motto "Maintiens le droit"(defending the law).
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
Malarkey is your word.

If you do not comprehend what privacy and Sovereignty mean educate yourself.

So you are in support of ushering in and the creation of a absolute surveillance state?

Each to their own. I visited the UK and upon my return the Canada I jumped up and down on the hotel bed shouting "FREEDOM"

Go ahead, take a visit to the UK - experience for yourself first hand how closed off and afraid the citizens of the country live and interact. Nothing like Canada, where we say hello and thank you and have a good day - not so in the UK. Those people are WELL CONTROLLED and miserable. unless they are wealthy 1% Check it out for yourself.

Yes, "malarkey" is my word, I wrote it.

As a free and democratic society we don't demand, nor expect "privacy" when in a PUBLIC place, why would we, ITS PUBLIC, by definition it's not a place where privacy is expected.

Perhaps you should educate youself on the term "sovereignty".

"We can say hello and thank you and have a good day" (in Canada), but "not so in the UK". WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?

? Cameras in the UK, police the public so they can't say hello ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Because_They_Lie wrote:The RCMP's activities are purported to serve and protect the citizens who employ them

That is the Motto of the LA police dept (ans others) but not the RCMP.

It helps to be sure of your facts to help with your credibility.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Fancy wrote:Better to use their motto "Maintiens le droit"(defending the law).

OK if we're going to quote lets quote. You have supplied the French version, but it doesn't translate to "Defending the Law"

Quite simple "Maintain the Right"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

From the RCMP's website

"The adoption of a French motto, "Maintiens le droit"(defending the law), gave the badge a bilingual character from the very beginning. The exact origin of this motto, however, is not known. At first, the word "Maintiens" was spelled without the "s.""

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/fs-fd/badge-insigne-eng.htm
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

my5cents wrote:OK if we're going to quote lets quote. You have supplied the French version, but it doesn't translate to "Defending the Law"

Quite simple "Maintain the Right"

This is a different site (the first was from the RCMP).

Motto
This French phrase means “uphold the right”, or alternately, “maintain the right” and “defend the law”

http://reg.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/proje ... &ShowAll=1

Mounties official motto, “Maintiens Le Droit”. or “Defend the Law”

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2015/04/13/hist ... their-man/

http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/pages/45_rcmp_grc.aspx
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

As for ARGUING why Honesty, Transparency and Privacy are important to healthy individuals and healthy communities, I'm out.

Continue with your narcissistic mental masturbation.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:As for ARGUING why Honesty, Transparency and Privacy are important to healthy individuals and healthy communities, I'm out.

There it is folks! Just what the rest of have recognized from the get-go. His words not mine.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:As for ARGUING why Honesty, Transparency and Privacy are important to healthy individuals and healthy communities, I'm out.

Right back atcha You weren't arguing about honesty, transparency and privacy but you felt entitled to know why you were kept in the dark. Even the RCMP don't know what they are headed into - why should you?

Return to “Social Concerns”