How many houses have you lost?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: How many houses have you lost?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

oldtrucker wrote:What I mean with that is all contributions including raising children and other unlisted factors. Getting half(or whatever) of the ranch because a person had a co-hab relationship for whatever amount of time is not right.
A person that quantifies raising children as a dollar amount may want to do a rethink on reproducing.
All I am saying is make it fair-so that one person is not a financial hostage of the other, and not giving any money to lawyers that could have been spent on the children or,- the repair of the lives of the partners that were in the relationship.
Under the current system, government, not individuals, are the ones dictating the terms of how we raise children, and, the terms of how we end relationships.

If the two parties come up with an equitable agreement, which does not have to be extremely expensive unless they draw it out, the government does not interfere.
Thank goodness however that there are processes in place tho for those who can't seem to work this out between themselves.

And there are guys who try to work the system too, I have seen this in a couple of family members' relationships. So this is not a gender thing. In the majority of cases the mother is doing most of the care before and after the split, so not surprisingly most of the resources go to whoever is doing that, so kids don't have to go into poverty just because their parents can't get their sh#t together.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

dirtybiker wrote:I somewhat willingly gave up my house and property to my kidlet
and her Mom.
No restrictions, no lawyers, no battles.

Their welfare/well being is still my responsibility, always will be.

I have met a few gals that have two, three, and four houses and property.
They also have two, three, and four ex's....Connection ?

I bought my own first home. I still have property. No ex's. Connection?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I bought my own first home. I still have property. No ex's. Connection?

I can think of a few answers to that.. :biggrin:

But mostly yer smarter than most of us! :smt045
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Social Concerns”