Do you think we'll ever end up with a world government?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Do you think we'll ever end up with a world government?

Postby seewood » Feb 19th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Never.
Too many demigods or wanna-bee's, too much religious interference, too much tribalism..... human nature.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

2 people like this post.
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1224 posts

Postby MAPearce » Feb 19th, 2018, 8:45 pm

seewood wrote:Never.
Too many demigods or wanna-bee's, too much religious interference, too much tribalism..... human nature.

In other words .. Too much being who YOU want to be as opposed to who they tell you you SHOULD be ...

I'm ok with that .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

2 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4143 posts

Postby CapitalB » Feb 20th, 2018, 9:35 am

oldtrucker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDceLiPLHWQ

In a perfect world 'Ka-El'...I so wish spreading the worlds wealth to be possible.
If we got rid of borders...our way and quality life in the western world could be reduced by as much as 95%. I'm afraid westerners couldn't stomach that.
As harsh as it may sound, our species needs a population reduction down to no more than 1 billion. We either do that or we will complete extinction event number 6.
In the spirit of the original posters question, as harsh as this may sound,we as a species and the health of the planetary environment may have been better off- if, in 1949 to 1953,we executed a first strike on the Soviet Union using our superior nuclear force at the time. No more than 30 low yield nukes would have been used and 'CapitalB',you would have had your one world government.

But it would have been a world government under imperialist america. Look how they treat their own people, that would be the third or fourth worst country to be conquered by.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 554 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 20th, 2018, 11:53 am

CapitalB wrote: Look how they treat their own people, that would be the third or fourth worst country to be conquered by.

People who are still gullible enough to be looking to America as some beacon of freedom and hope should really consider moving there. If there is to be a positive of the Trump presidency it will be the loud and clear message that in today’s increasingly interdependent world this transitory fear-based inclination of a few nations to go it on their own will be a signal to the rest of the world of the recklessness of taking that route. While they hope to build their economies by importing less (at greater cost), they will also end up exporting less with the net effect their economies will shrink. While the world no longer needs the US or Britain, both those countries will discover they do need the rest of the world. The world will watch the decline of America and Britain as a result of their isolationist policies and recognize the failure in taking that path.

While evolution is inevitable, there is no guarantee we would develop to the point of successfully adopting and implementing one world government – but that outcome is far preferable to the others. While the alt-right crowd might prefer a globe dotted with isolated warring tribes, or the handing of power from democratically elected governments to corporate boardrooms (already well underway), there is a new generation coming up that is witnessing the failure of extremist ideology (both left and right) and recognizing how they are being screwed over. My hope is these youth will become actively involved in the political and electoral systems. The critical factor will be the protection of democracy, and one day we might even have a planet with enough educated people on it to make a participatory democracy work. At the least, we might hope America has learned its lesson and will not soon again elect an imbecilic buffoon to power.
What did Forrest Gump say, "Stupid is as stupid does."? I think dimples has a new campaign slogan.

CapitalB likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5448 posts

Postby averagejoe » Feb 21st, 2018, 8:35 am

These World Elites are working hard and meet every year to bring about World Government or a New World Order...

https://www.worldgovernmentsummit.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Government_Summit

In 2018, the themes included artificial intelligence and happiness.

World Government Summit speakers have included:[22][23]

Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of Republic of India
Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum[10]
Barack Obama, Former US President[24][25]
Jim Yong Kim, President of The World Bank Group[26]
Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations[27]
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces[28]
Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda[29]
Queen Rania Al Abdullah, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan[30]
Jose Angel Gurria, Secretary General of the OECD[31]
Joseph Muscat, Prime Minister of Malta[32]
Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate[33]
Kathy Calvin, President and Chief Executive Officer of the United Nations Foundation[34]
AbdulLatif Al Zayani, Secretary General, Gulf Cooperation Council
Jennifer Blanke, Chief Economist, World Economic Forum
Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group[35]
Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder, Apple Inc[36][37]
Boo Keun Yoon, CEO, Samsung Electronics Co[38]
Travis Kalanick, Co-Found Uber
Andrew Weil, MD, Author
Dan Buettner, National Geographic Fellow, The Blue Zones[39]
José Zapatero, former Prime Minister of Spain
Martine Durand, OECD Chief Statistician and Director of Statistics[40]
Arianna Huffington, Founder of Thrive Global
Malcolm Gladwell, Author
Deepak Chopra, Author
Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

2 people like this post.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2365 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 23rd, 2018, 2:47 pm

Bsuds wrote:Maybe after we are visited by an Alien race we can forget the petty differences that separate us now.

It will come with time unless we destroy ourselves first.

We already have been according to former defence minister Paul Hellyer. Many times
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 671 posts

Postby Snman » Mar 23rd, 2018, 3:00 pm

Ka-El said " (ah yes, nationalism – the precursor to world war). "

Bingo!! Nationalism is rearing it's ugly head again, imho. I think we'll see world war again, long before world government.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 878 posts

Postby Ka-El » Mar 23rd, 2018, 3:18 pm

Snman wrote: Nationalism is rearing it's ugly head again, imho. I think we'll see world war again, long before world government.

Those conspirators behind this idea of a one world government have played the suckers perfectly, using fake news to convince them not to trust real news, and fostering the spread of populist nonsense to subvert western democracies. A world war would be pretty drastic, but like a global trade war would accomplish the intended goal of destabilization. Having Trump elected president of America was just one step in their master plan. The conspirators have played the populist dupes perfectly.
What did Forrest Gump say, "Stupid is as stupid does."? I think dimples has a new campaign slogan.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5448 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 23rd, 2018, 3:52 pm

Ka-El...I'm gonna guess that you hate the Canadian Action Party.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

KiloHotel likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby butthead » Mar 29th, 2018, 5:48 am

its in the making as we speak.
just do some research,lots of info out there.
butthead

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Glacier » Mar 29th, 2018, 7:54 am

No, we never will. That's just conspiracy theory mumb-jumbo.
"If you love your own culture, that doesn’t mean that you hate all other cultures - that’s like saying that if you love your wife, you must necessarily hate all other women."
~Stefan Molyneux
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10188 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 29th, 2018, 10:20 pm

A world government may be the only way to save ourselves from ourselves. Countries could be like provinces or be called cultural districts. Region: Alberta.
Cultural district: Canada.
Most of our problems that we face these days wouldn't even exist if we finished the Soviets sometime between 1945 and 1952.
We would probably have a world government by now with a set of other problems caused by having a world government. Out of the pan and into the fire.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Postby Terris » Mar 30th, 2018, 1:46 am

It has already happened; long ago actually...

A dozen or so long established families control the majority of world finances and military.

Very little happens on this planet that they don't have a hand in to make money on...

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Terris
Board Meister

Liked in: 265 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns