Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Post by WalterWhite »

^^ But that’s not the case here. The band as a whole, and Hoggard himself, have issued statements stating they have in the past used poor judgement and not held women to a standard they deserve (I’m paraphrasing and not quoting their exact words). Is it an admission of guilt to a criminal act(s)? Of course not - however, they’ve openly admitted mistreating women in the past, and for some that’s enough to choose not to support their music, and rightly so.
Rhime

Post by Rhime »

MAPearce wrote:
(guilty or not, something inappropriate happened)

Would you feel the same if some said something untrue about you ???

You didn't do it , but I say you did so it must be true .......

Good thing you know more than everybody...you have zero idea about truths or untruths.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Good thing you know more than everybody...you have zero idea about truths or untruths.

I do know that police are investigating (ed) an NO charges have been laid . And this all started with an anonymous on line accusation .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

WalterWhite wrote:^^ But that’s not the case here. The band as a whole, and Hoggard himself, have issued statements stating they have in the past used poor judgement and not held women to a standard they deserve (I’m paraphrasing and not quoting their exact words). Is it an admission of guilt to a criminal act(s)? Of course not - however, they’ve openly admitted mistreating women in the past, and for some that’s enough to choose not to support their music, and rightly so.

using poor judgement , or taking advantage of women who use "assets" and loose morality to get up close and personal with famous musicians ??

I hope I'm not the only one who wonders aloud just how these women got into the situation in the first place ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

MAPearce wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:^^ But that’s not the case here. The band as a whole, and Hoggard himself, have issued statements stating they have in the past used poor judgement and not held women to a standard they deserve (I’m paraphrasing and not quoting their exact words). Is it an admission of guilt to a criminal act(s)? Of course not - however, they’ve openly admitted mistreating women in the past, and for some that’s enough to choose not to support their music, and rightly so.

using poor judgement , or taking advantage of women who use "assets" and loose morality to get up close and personal with famous musicians ??

I hope I'm not the only one who wonders aloud just how these women got into the situation in the first place ..

Actually, if you listened to any of the interviews with the women, they fully admit they put themselves in that position - that doesn't give anyone the right to ignore someone when they say "no" or "stop". Blame the victims all you want, however a line was crossed, and that's what the police are still investigating. Attitudes like this are why women many times find it difficult to impossible to come forward with these sort of allegations.

This is no different than if this was a rap group that idolized the objectification of women in the lyrics of their songs, and some of the public stated they don't support the way the band portrays their view of women in their music. It's the public's right to decide whether or not to support this band based on their own admissions, and Hoggard himself. It's also the public's right to expect allegations as serious as these are investigated and taken seriously, instead of just being swept under the rug saying, "she deserved it".
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Victims , in this case anyway , are only victims because of their own poor judgement ...

These are a bunch of groupies going for the "gold" ....

enuff said .
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

awesome victim blaming there MAP...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

W105 wrote:awesome victim blaming there MAP...

Nice "lefty" and "it's not my fault" remark W105..

Face it .... a woman who , in this case , didn't want to be a victim wouldn't have gone there ...Hoggard didn't drag them into a dressing room or hotel room .. Or did he ???

It's like blaming the spoon for making you fat ..........
Last edited by MAPearce on Mar 25th, 2018, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I don't think that is what's going on. The fact is it seems that anyone can accuse anyone of anything and BAM you're convicted within the public. It's not ok. Lives ruined. You don't get to come back from that. Even if the accusations are untrue.

Candian radio/The Juno's have pulled the plug on all of Hedley's music and performances. Netflix is still playing "House of Cards" after Kevin Spacey was accused.

The bottom line is for me until a court have convicted said people, they are innocent until proven guilty.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

^^^^^ Thank you ....
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

MAPearce wrote:

Nice "lefty" and "it's not my fault" remark W105..

Face it .... a woman who , in this case , didn't want to be a victim wouldn't have gone there ...Hoggard didn't drag them into a dressing room or hotel room .. Or did he ???

It's like blaming the spoon for making you fat ..........

Yes...he did.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4047707/jaco ... awa-woman/
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Triple 6 wrote:

I don't think that is what's going on. The fact is it seems that anyone can accuse anyone of anything and BAM you're convicted within the public. It's not ok. Lives ruined. You don't get to come back from that. Even if the accusations are untrue.

Candian radio/The Juno's have pulled the plug on all of Hedley's music and performances. Netflix is still playing "House of Cards" after Kevin Spacey was accused.

The bottom line is for me until a court have convicted said people, they are innocent until proven guilty.

A lot of information out there, you shouldn't need a judge or jury to help you form an opinion.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Ever had an uneasy feeling about someone? Ever had a reason to distrust someone, even though you can't be SURE that what you suspect is true?

Some people feel that way about Hedley, and they choose not to attend concerts/buy music/do business with them for that reason. It's not an endorsement of "guilty until proven innocent", it's a personal choice. It doesn't have to be explained or justified.

Lots of people do bad things and get away with them. Lots of people do bad things that aren't actually illegal. A criminal conviction doesn't have to be the only way for a person to make up their mind. "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies to the law. It doesn't govern individual thoughts and choices.

MAPearce, you're suggesting that if a "groupie going for the gold" is alone with a man, whatever happens after that is fair game. That "no" or "I don't want to" don't count at that point. He owns her and can do with her as he wishes. If she doesn't like it, too bad, she shouldn't have gone there. But you're also saying "innocent until proven guilty". I assume you've read the alleged victim's account of what happened when she was with Mr. Hoggard. Are you saying that even if it went down the way she says, it's not rape? Or just that you presume he's innocent until convicted? It seems like you're saying both.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yes...he did.

Did he ????

Hoggard’s lawyer confirmed that the pair met on Tinder and that the unidentified woman travelled from Ottawa to Hoggard’s hotel in Toronto.

The statement reads: “Jacob met ___ on Tinder. They agreed to get together to have sex. She travelled from Ottawa to his hotel in Toronto to be with him for that purpose. They spent the afternoon together and had consensual sex. She went back to Ottawa that same day.”

“Jacob is very sorry that ____ is upset,” that statement continues. “But that does not change the fact that they made a mutual plan to get together to have sex and they did just that. At no time did Jacob act badly or do anything without ___’s consent

Seems to read like she traveled from Ottawa to Toronto just to get laid ....

Or did I read that wrong ?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

johnny24 wrote:A lot of information out there, you shouldn't need a judge or jury to help you form an opinion.

I like facts. Before I hang someone. With that said even the courts get it wrong.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Social Concerns”