Stop Shopping While Drunk!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Stop Shopping While Drunk!

Postby Glacier » Mar 5th, 2018, 9:22 am

If you think shopping while hungry is a bad idea, try drunk shopping, and suddenly hungry shopping doesn't seem so bad on the wallet. I know that there are a lot of raging alcoholics on here (Bman, Queen K, Ferri, etc.) who won't listen, but for the rest of you, there's till hope.

Of course, drunk shopping is not nearly as bad as drunk posting on Castanet.

Americans have more than doubled their spending on so-called "drunk shopping"— or making purchases under the influence of alcohol — say researchers at personal finance comparison website Finder.com. According to the site's 2018 survey, U.S. drinkers now spend an average $447.57 per person a year while blitzed, up from $206 a person last year, totaling $30.43 booze-soaked billions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/05/get-bla ... pping.html

2 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9244 posts

Re: Stop Shopping While Drunk!

Postby Silverstarqueen » Mar 5th, 2018, 9:45 am

There's also quite a few people who are shopping while high. I understand they have to satisfy the munchies at some point, but perhaps it would be safer if they laid in supplies ahead of time instead of driving to the grocery store under the influence.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 1917 posts

Postby rustled » Mar 5th, 2018, 9:49 am

Silverstarqueen wrote:There's also quite a few people who are shopping while high. I understand they have to satisfy the munchies at some point, but perhaps it would be safer if they laid in supplies ahead of time instead of driving to the grocery store under the influence.

For those in town, there's always delivery!
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 5955 posts

Postby Bsuds » Mar 5th, 2018, 9:53 am

Silverstarqueen wrote:There's also quite a few people who are shopping while high. I understand they have to satisfy the munchies at some point, but perhaps it would be safer if they laid in supplies ahead of time instead of driving to the grocery store under the influence.

A lot of this might be online shopping. It's too easy to click on "Buy Now"!

I'm glad I don't drink cause I buy enough from AliExpress when I'm sober. :200:
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.

Glacier likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Mar 5th, 2018, 10:43 am

447 a year ? Thats nothing. Must not be drinking enuff.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

3 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2371 posts

Return to Social Concerns