Lets wait until the last minute.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
uniped27

Lets wait until the last minute.

Post by uniped27 »

They just posted an article about people worrying about the water level of Okanagan Lake. Let's wait until the last minute to decide to lower the lake level like they did last year and see what happens. It only takes a common sense person to figure out what to do right now. Let's wait and see if that person shows up. Will we take action in time this year or will we fall asleep at the wheel again?????
zoo
Übergod

Re: Lets wait until the last minute.

Post by zoo »

Your a little late. OK lake increased outflow drastically few weeks back. They will use info. They have at hand to make decisions based on passed statistical trends. minus unexpected conditions and changes like last year
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

uniped27 wrote:They just posted an article about people worrying about the water level of Okanagan Lake. Let's wait until the last minute to decide to lower the lake level like they did last year and see what happens. It only takes a common sense person to figure out what to do right now. Let's wait and see if that person shows up. Will we take action in time this year or will we fall asleep at the wheel again?????

what on earth are you talking about. You are embarrassing yourself

they increased the flow several weeks ago and one only needs to go look at the actual lake, I've never seen it so low

it's all gonna be good. Only issue is the creeks because it is a function of quickly the snow pack melts. The lake can handle the volume
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I know right? But let's spend 2 million fixing stuff before the next flood, which is set to go in 2018. [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If it floods again. Ill be out helping the little old ladies just like last year. Filling sand bags and hauling loads for strangers. Kelowna strong
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jflem1983 wrote:If it floods again. Ill be out helping the little old ladies just like last year. Filling sand bags and hauling loads for strangers. Kelowna strong

Honestly flooding at some level is an every 5 year at least thing, why not build some nice sand bags and paint decorate and keep as part of your yard.

Everytime..."And I ain't never seen it flood like this" *SMACK* "HOWABOUT LAST TIME!!!!!!"

Creeks depending how fast we get a melt, rain was a bad addition last year as well, but lake it golden to receive, just creek banks would be my worry.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Veovis wrote: why not build some nice sand bags and paint decorate and keep as part of your yard.

That won't work with the material they use for the bags. It rots and won't last.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I know....but the thought is there. In fact I wonder why people don't just sandbag on the iffy years instead of waiting will water is coming over the top.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

They should drop some mesh on and spray the sandbag dykes with concrete.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Social Concerns”