Why do men hate seeing a Doctor?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Men: why do you put off seeing a Doctor?

I love seeing my Doctor!
30%
I hate seeing my Doctor!
10%
My wife hasn't nagged me enough times to go see a Dr. yet.
10%
I'm too busy to make the appointment and what if the appointment interferes with closing a deal?
No votes
I can't even get a Doctor!
20%
They're all quacks in white coats, I get my info off of the internet.
5%
Don't want invasive stuff being done to me and too embarrassing.
5%
I know what happened to the last guy who saw one!
20%

Total votes: 20

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Why do men hate seeing a Doctor?

Post by Queen K »

Oh come on you big baby. :laugh:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This is why.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

^^^^ That’s why I like my lady doctor with her tiny little fingers.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

#1 reason, majority are basically a bunch of chicken sh :cuss: ts. lol

By the way, your Mother... sister/s... wife... girlfriend... daughter/s etc... etc, would like you grow a pair & get checked out.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

GenesisGT wrote:You forgot enjoy invasive stuff, long for more and never get embarrassed.

And how come when I see a female doctor there is never a nurse in the room, but when the wife sees a male doctor for some procedures there is a nurse in the room.

Can men be violated without consequences.

You can request the presence of a third party be it a nurse, aide or your partner.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:Oh come on you big baby. :laugh:

No amount of lollipops well help me overcome the fear :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/prostate- ... -1.4570631

Interesting, and after what I went through they will never do another scope either!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Greenie .. I'll take a finger over this ( I call it the Jaws of Life, Dr doesn't find it nearly as funny as do )
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I like my doctor but she's like most who are geared toward sickness care rather than health care. Don't really blame her because people don't like to hear that they need to make lifestyle changes and would rather she just give them a pill to address the symptoms.

I also learned early that Dr's arent infallible and can be just as daft as anyone else. I was diagnosed in my teens with hypoglycemia and my Dr suggested I keep a chocolate bar handy as a prescription. I'd be a diabetic by now if I had listened.

I prefer to take control over my own health. Will get blood tests every few years to track blood sugar and measure any changes but other than that, I go to the Dr as a last resort.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I still don't see a vote in the "quack" question, so you aren't willing to go quite so far [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Queen K wrote:I still don't see a vote in the "quack" question, so you aren't willing to go quite so far [icon_lol2.gif]

If I still had that old doctor would have cast my vote vote for quack. My current doctor is actually pretty good when I've needed her help. To me doctors are a bit like politicians where people either give them too much of the credit or too much of the blame. I believe in taking matters such as health and finances into my own hands, that way I feel as though I'm maintaining some level of control and when things don't work out, I only have myself to blame.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

oldtrucker wrote:Men (old school anyway) are molded by life to be independent and not whine or complain. When we do seek help, we are treated way different than women as you know. For example, if a man and a woman showed up in emerg.,both with the same injury ,which one will be treated first and with more compassion? I think we know the answer to that. Men are expendable for some reason. We know that we are expendable which does not contribute to us seeking help.

Men and women are treated differently alright , it has been demonstrated in study after study: men get faster better treatment in the ER and in follow up for cardiac/threatened heart attack. Women have higher death rate after heart attack, get poorer care.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... der-divide

I have not seen any evidence that "men are expendable" in the eyes of doctors or nurses. My dad made it to 94 with several health problems and got excellent care from his doctor and nurses. My mom did not get such great care, we had to fight for every thing, they wanted to let her die when she still had a couple of fairly healthy years left in her. I don't know how they pick and choose, but the care is not the same for everyone. I saw other elderly ladies not getting adequate care, probably because their families were not in there pitching for them.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Mar 13th, 2018, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

GenesisGT wrote:You forgot enjoy invasive stuff, long for more and never get embarrassed.

And how come when I see a female doctor there is never a nurse in the room, but when the wife sees a male doctor for some procedures there is a nurse in the room.

Can men be violated without consequences.

I have generally had male doctors, never had a nurse in the room for an exam.
I could have requested one if I thought I needed it, but I have never felt the need.
Sometimes the doctor might want a third person for his own protection from allegations?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Simple answer is that most women are desensitized to going to the Dr. cause early on they need too and if not for themselves it's for the kids.
Men go when something is broke or is breaking down. Preventative stuff for many more men than women comes after a major health scare.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i go anytime i need too,so no imo men do not hate seeing a doctor
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Social Concerns”