Do men want their wife to "Stay at Home"?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Men: Do you want a woman to be a "stay at home wife?"

No - I want both of us working outside the home and dividing the chores at home
65%
Yes - I just don't know how to go about asking for her to give up her income and pension
35%

Total votes: 26

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Do men want their wife to "Stay at Home"?

Post by LTD »

i would like to stay home does that count :biggrin:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, I didn't add the ONE question that didn't enter my mind:

"I want to stay home."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

yeah, I didn't answer the poll either. Not enough options.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

OK, OK....Yes I want her to stay home, yes she works way too hard, yes
she is exhausted, yes I need to do more to provide for her to sit back and eat bon bons and watch her
shows, go for brunch then the beach.
Take some useless classes, meet friends for wine, then show at home to a nice clean home
and a fine dinner.

Then an evening of music and dancing and..... :cuss: and :cuss: maybe a little :cuss:

That a better answer ?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No no! That's not what I envisioned at all.

I was thinking something completely different, completely. Like a partnership much higher than that.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

My wife works part time , I am home and work equally . We are often home at the same time and thats enough. She doesn't have to work, but it keeps us both healthy.

Why don't you just ask him ?
Strong and free
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

My wife has worked at various jobs but is now essentially retired (she will do contract work). We are now at a place where my income will take care of us. So she takes care of me. She does my laundry, does most of the house cleaning (I vacuum) and cooks most my meals. In the summer I will take care of the yard (just moved back into a house). Other than vacuuming we only have one other rule related to housework: when she cooks I do the dishes, and when I cook I do the dishes.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Ka-El wrote:My wife has worked at various jobs but is now essentially retired (she will do contract work). We are now at a place where my income will take care of us. So she takes care of me. She does my laundry, does most of the house cleaning (I vacuum) and cooks most my meals. In the summer I will take care of the yard (just moved back into a house). Other than vacuuming we only have one other rule related to housework: when she cooks I do the dishes, and when I cook I do the dishes.

Funny, I noticed the same thing in our home! Even if I make supper I do dishes virtually every night, I do dishes at lunch and I do the breakfast dishes even when I prepare breakfast. I find that for a very little effort there is greater harmony. My wife is a study of perpetual motion and does thousands of things that easily offset my dish washing. I never have to wash clothes or fold laundry or put anything away but I do put my clothes away if I see them ready to to be put away. I empty the compost without being asked but she always handles the garbage and recycling. I usually get bottle depot, doing an oil change on the truck and mowing the lawn.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Queen K wrote:I worded it to be on the mans side, from his point of view.

How does a woman know that?
Waste not
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Grandan wrote:How does a woman know that?

Your kidding right?

My wife knows everything!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I just want mine to shut the lights off when she leaves a room, too much to ask? LOL
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

My first marriage was to a stay at home mom who despite teaching self defence and doing some modeling on the side, started to bounce off the walls after our son started school. While I'm sure there are many stay at home moms and dads that find constructive things to do all day, not everyone is good at it. Can be a curse to have that much time to yourself with no career to occupy your mind, especially once the kids start to grow more independent.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I’m a stay at home husband, not by choice mind you. I am so miserable. Can’t wait to get back to work. Motivation can be hard to find when there is nothing to do and all day to do it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Other than vacuuming we only have one other rule related to housework: when she cooks I do the dishes, and when I cook I do the dishes.

Hahaha ! In our home the kids will do the vacuuming AND the dishes if I cook instead of letting her cook ...

When I was about to get a hernia repaired this time last year Momma told the kids "Mike will be down for at least 4 weeks and can't do any lifting at all , you're going to have to help him" ... Both of the kids looked at her in absolute HORROR and the girl child asked with eyes the size of saucers , " Will he still be able to cook " ????
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Grandan wrote: I find that for a very little effort there is greater harmony.

A happy wife means a happy life :smt045

Return to “Social Concerns”