The Deification of Kids

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

The Deification of Kids

Post by Queen K »

https://www.facebook.com/The-deificatio ... pc&fref=nf

Not often I run into a facebook site that is so interesting to scroll through the whole thing.

But this one drew me in. Someone wanted to pull together all kinds of misbehaviour from kids and teens into one spot.

We could do that here too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: The Deification of Kids

Post by JayByrd »

You could do that here.

But why would you want to?

Why would you want to emphasize the worst of the worst?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To show that permissiveness isn't working.

And if doing so changes one family dynamic, the bandwidth space used to do so, will be worth it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Two-plus years, hundreds of posts and....18 followers.

I wonder if that group has changed a family dynamic yet.

Even if I read through those posts, and realized "wow, they're talking about me" I'd be likely to reject anyone who regarded me and my child with such disdain. I think most people would.

We've had threads on that subject on Castanet. They tend to consist of the same group of people saying the same things. They lovingly recall their own hard-working, respected-my-parents, shoveled-the-neighbours-driveway-just-cause-it-was-the-right-thing-to-do childhoods. And they mutter the same things about "kids these days" that every generation has said about it's youth, pat themselves on the back, and then the conversation fades.

So yeah, you could totally do that here.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JennParker

Post by JennParker »

The irony of Baby Boomers judging the younger generations... while conveniently forgetting they raised the kids who are raising these kids.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Queen K wrote:https://www.facebook.com/The-deification-of-kids-And-stupidity-1065025776851010/?hc_ref=ARTc5wbMibQagrlcvrNpZOBnrPyd3dV7picGuLTB8wdK50awU81uYotpVYom8Eftapc&fref=nf

Not often I run into a facebook site that is so interesting to scroll through the whole thing.

But this one drew me in. Someone wanted to pull together all kinds of misbehavior from kids and teens into one spot.

We could do that here too.

Not bad idea - to do something similar but on a local, instead of U.S. based Facebook, U.S. content, U.S. kids. Unfortunately, I think you will, as you already have, run into those kids the topic is about..

IMHO, it's good to discuss today's version of local kids verses our parents and their parents version, because very generation has new tools, laws (or lack of them) making the Googies of today think they have inalienable rights to everything and the world owes them...carte blanche.

There are good kids, and bad, in every generation. Some posts attack instead of discussing positive solutions. Some suggest it should not be discussed because it has been discussed, or might 'offend' a reader who had a rough upbringing. The critiquing and flaming of your suggestion should be ignored. Just because it has been talked about before somewhere else shouldn't stop it from being discussed again, anywhere.

Suggestion - ignore the self-appointed Internet Content Cops International (ICCI pronounced icky), and proceed. Making it a local discussion with local people (OK, some are loco), and how local issues are affecting youth today, and at least you have given people the chance to discuss it. That is, if the trolls and ICCIs let you.

Just sayin...
j
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

To show that permissiveness isn't working.

I tried that as a step dad.... Didn't work .

This morning I told the kids " if you want "stuff" today , I want at LEAST an hour out of each of you for chores " ...

That was 30 minutes ago ...

5 minutes from now , the kids will be done and on their way to the pond , mall or their buddy's houses. Maybe their buddy's will come here to go to the pond or mall, who knows ? Chores are DONE .

Point is that at our house , structure rules and will win the day ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jim Dixon wrote:
Suggestion - ignore the self-appointed Internet Content Cops International (ICCI pronounced icky), and proceed. Making it a local discussion with local people (OK, some are loco), and how local issues are affecting youth today, and at least you have given people the chance to discuss it. That is, if the trolls and ICCIs let you.

Just sayin...
j

It is very simple to start a Facebook page that is for locals and verify the members you let in and kick out the ones who misbehave.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Bsuds wrote:
Jim Dixon wrote:

Just sayin...
j

It is very simple to start a Facebook page that is for locals and verify the members you let in and kick out the ones who misbehave.

Facebook? Analytica? Ring a bell? Most privacy savvy people do NOT go near Facebook, or it's minions.Only the assimilated Googies allow that piece of work into their bedrooms.

Castanet uses only 6 Stalkers, Facebook uses 68 (and still counting as of now) PLUS, the nefarious 'canvas fingerprinting'. Those are the easily detectable Stalkers. Castanet is much safer as part of the Universe - but could catch do better and spend about $40 - $100 a year on a SSL Cert.

"misbehave" is too often a tool someone uses to bully others into submission.

Just tellin...
j

UPDATE: I note that today (Friday, May 25, 2018 Friday, 08:54:15), the SSL certificate is working, and there are only 4, today, not 6 Stalkers. Kudos to Castanet.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.

Return to “Social Concerns”