420 evils

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Williy

420 evils

Post by Williy »

Almost here. 420 def has an interesting origin. Seriously, I'm really wanting to believe that most pot smokers are pretty much like myself....not the stereotypical stoner MJ tattoo's & T-shirts type I see when I go to make a purchase at the local dispensary, but everyday not-in-your-face job holding taxpaying folk that play by the rules and contribute to society. If the former is true, then the black market is destined to thrive. Honestly don't want to go purchase pot in the typical dispensary's that I have seen, I'd much rather go over to buddies place.....make a discreet purchase & go on my way. With the MJ tattoo & T-shirt crowd being a little too close to the type we see pan-handling on the median at traffic lights. Could be on-line purchases are the way to go into the future, as I'm really not into the pot "culture", but do enjoy a chill puff with a glass of wine to relax after a long day.
Last edited by Williy on Apr 18th, 2018, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: 420 evils

Post by Jflem1983 »

Support the black market
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver's 4/20 last year cost the taxpayers almost 250 thousand to repair.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4623796

Pot smokers want to celebrate Hilter's Birthday then pay for the repairs
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Williy

Post by Williy »

GordonH wrote:Vancouver's 4/20 last year cost the taxpayers almost 250 thousand to repair.

who gives a crap about that? I don't give rat's *bleep*. I just want to buy some pot & not be a scumbag. I was hoping for Gov't only pot shops so as to get away from the MJ tattoo & T-shirt crowd. Guess we'll be growing our own.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

GordonH wrote:Vancouver's 4/20 last year cost the taxpayers almost 250 thousand to repair.

It was Hitler that said the following:
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

So I think that Donald Trump took Hitler to heart when he says "no collusion".
As for cleanup after 4:20, why is it ok for displays like Canada Day to cost as much or more to clean up as 4:20?
Waste not
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Grandan wrote:As for cleanup after 4:20, why is it ok for displays like Canada Day to cost as much or more to clean up as 4:20?

Comparing a day We as Nation celebrate this Country to a bunch of potheads just wanting to get high on that animals birthday, unbelievable.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If our good ol' gov't had legalized pot forty years ago, this would never have become an issue. Back then all kinds of people smokes (evan more so now), which is why the majority of Canadians think it should be legal. What's taking so long? No excuses anymore since many places have already made the transition. The sky has not fallen. Still in Canada, you are a criminal.For what purpose?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If they were actually gonna make it legal i would support that. What the libs are gonna do is not even close to legalization.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

What are all those people going to do next year when pot's legal and smoking it won't be any more rebellious than sipping a glass of Merlot?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Williy wrote:Almost here. 420 def has an interesting origin. Seriously, I'm really wanting to believe that most pot smokers are pretty much like myself....not the stereotypical stoner MJ tattoo's & T-shirts type I see when I go to make a purchase at the local dispensary, but everyday not-in-your-face job holding taxpaying folk that play by the rules and contribute to society. If the former is true, then the black market is destined to thrive. Honestly don't want to go purchase pot in the typical dispensary's that I have seen, I'd much rather go over to buddies place.....make a discreet purchase & go on my way. With the MJ tattoo & T-shirt crowd being a little too close to the type we see pan-handling on the median at traffic lights. Could be on-line purchases are the way to go into the future, as I'm really not into the pot "culture", but do enjoy a chill puff with a glass of wine to relax after a long day.

I compare it to wine and spirits. The private stores typically have a unique product mix and very knowledgeable and passionate staff. There is some knowledge at the larger BC Liquor stores but not the smaller ones.

I would suggest MJ would be the same.

Cask and Barrel is a good example. Nice store, well lit and excellent product selection. Plus the staff know the stories behind most of their products. Same with the distillery on Bernard AVe....
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I love how every level of government tosses out numbers like this........$200,000 for this........$150,000 for that..........SHOW ME RECIEPTS! Until then, everyone of you are a bunch of liars that was born with that "gene"..........politics unleashed it in you. I can only hope that "jimmy jones" cool-aid makes it into the public trough that you have your yaps buried in.

Oh.........not really interested in the 4/20 part of this thread........just the government "lying" part.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

According to a release from the city, the total cost for both events was $245,379. This includes costs to the parks, fire and police departments, as well as costs for sanitation, traffic management and emergency management.

The city says the Sunset Beach event cost it $170,005 and another separate event at the Vancouver Art Gallery cost $75,374. The city notes that neither event was sanctioned by the city or the park board.

Of the $245,379, the most significant single cost was for policing, which the city says cost $170,670 between the two events.

Would you feel better if they put the change in?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The sun has risen and the haze has cleared, but Vancouver's Sunset Beach will take months to get back to normal after thousands attended Friday's 4/20 pro-marijuana event, according to the Vancouver Park Board.

"Our field is in pretty rough shape," Park Board chair Stuart Mackinnon told CTV on Saturday.

The field is closed while it is cleaned, aerated, irrigated and re-seeded, Mackinnon said, who added it likely won't reopen until at least July 1.

"Because of this overuse year after year, the field can't take much more."

City staff began cleaning up at 1 a.m. on Saturday, beginning by picking up all the garbage left on the field.

“That came at the taxpayers' expense, for city crew to come in here at 1 o’clock in the morning to pick up the mountains of garbage,” Mackinnon said.

One of the 4/20 organizers, Dana Larsen, told CTV on Friday organizers are willing to pay for the cleanup work. He expects organizers will pay back about $20,000 to the city and between $10,000 and $20,000 to the park board.

Despite the damage, some residents in the area said it wasn't the worst they've seen at the annual 4/20 rally.

There were 23 medical emergencies at the event on Friday, according to first responders. Ten people were treated for overdoses and eight were taken to hospital.

Police said there were no major incidents, but noted one man was arrested for a breach of probation and one youth is facing assault and weapons charges following a pepper spray incident.

The event was likely the last before recreational marijuana is legalized, and organizers told CTV they expect it to go on as usual next year.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224330
Of course it's going to be a mess.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

What kind of socially inferior people attend an event like this and all but destroy the area with their garbage, etc? Seems it is all about the "Me, Me, Me" attitude.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Those socially inferior people were on the news. Makes one want to gag.

Return to “Social Concerns”