Are you a "Incel"?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Are you a "Incel"?

Post by Glacier »

If we treat commitment as the goal of life, then responsibility lies with you, not with society at large. We hear the common complaint among incels that “women just don’t get me.” It’s far rarer to hear men who work on themselves and make themselves marriageable partners complain that they can’t find a woman willing to get married. A sex-first society suggests that you are owed sex. A commitment-first society suggests that you owe someone else your commitment – and the work necessary to earn someone else’s commitment -- before sex becomes worthwhile.

But we’ve discarded that morality. In the process, we’ve turned men into sniveling brats complaining that they can’t get for free what they should have been working to earn. And then we write thinkpieces about their victimhood. What nonsense.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30219/so ... en-shapiro
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Was listening to the CBC today and they were talking about how these guys often get into the incel "movement" after going through the seduction and pickup technique stuff.

That right there is a huge red flag. Those are "skills" that are specifically designed around coercing people into sex, its just so skeezy.

These incel people seem to think finding a person to be with is a matter of luring them in like a fish or something. If instead of focusing on ways of tricking, or negotiating people into sex they focused on turning themselves into decent human beings there wouldn't be a problem.

This shows that there is a huge problem with how sexual relationships are being perceived by (predominantly) young men. Where are these ideas coming from? I think its probably various types of media personally. I mean if you look at the types of entertainment young fellows are into, the young adult fiction targeted at men, almost all the narratives involve a romance that often comes down to the protagonist finding a beautiful nice girl that doesn't like him but he slowly wins her affection somehow usually through combat or something. In the end the girl without any kind of emotional character arc to explain her reasoning loves or sleeps with the guy... roll credits or whatever.

Thats obviously not how relationships work even remotely, and we would all like to think people are smart enough to filter that kind of thing from tv land into reality. But I don't know if thats the case, not for everyone, and maybe its just a matter of context. Some of these people may not have any kind of positive relationship in their life to compare these fictions against.

And all thats without getting into the ocean of problems the current XXX scene is creating for young people.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

oldtrucker wrote:I've watched some news, read some articles and saw some pictures of various groups of "incels".
What I observed is that the common denominator with them is that they seem to have absolutely no swagger, and pretty much all are a bunch of skinny dweebs. Individual preferences aside, for the most part, skinny guys are to women as overweight women are to men in my experience. A guy can still be skinny and attractive, as long as he's not a wimp and, what muscles he does have, is toned and strong.
Incels...for what I see besides help with mental health, they need to lose the video games and get a job that hardens and toughens them up. Perhaps a labour job on a mixed farm or ranch for a year or two. In addition to that, they need to do something that puts their life in danger on a regular basis- it would build strength and confidence in them. No more wimpy dweeb, and no more incel. Won't work for all, but for what I observed with these guys most are not ugly, just soft and from the everyone gets a trophy entitled generation.
I have no suggestions on the mental health stuff. Perhaps if they started to have success with dating, that too may be helped.

It's obvious you're quite out of touch with the reality of the world we currently live in.

You really need to see how popular professional gamers are.

There are a huge number of women and girls that find "nerds" and "geeks" to be extremely attractive and it has nothing to do with having muscles or being "tough". Just because you like tough men, it doesn't mean the current generation of females agrees with you. What you're looking for in a man is much different than what a lot of women are looking for. You like rough and tough blue-collar guys. A lot of women like guys who play video games, go to yoga, eat vegan, and work in IT.

The problem of incels has nothing to do with being what you call a skinny dweeb. The problem goes much deeper.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

A pro-gamer is someone who plays video games for a living. The top gamers in the world make millions of dollars every year and travel the world playing and making appearances. The top Twitch streamers also make millions without having to leave their homes (Twitch is an on-line website kind of like YouTube where you can watch people play games live). However the top YouTubers can make over $10 million per year.

They even have groupies just like rock stars do. So yeah... you’re out of touch.

Being a dweeb, nerd, geek, or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with being an incel
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Your post specifically said these guys are skinny, play video games, and work non-manual labor jobs. I was pointing out that many women find all of those things attractive. Which is why the problem runs much deeper than your superficial explanation.

Just so you know... 41% of video game players are female and their average age is 44. The average age of males who play games is 35.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

oldtrucker wrote:What your fav game? I play video games and I'm like -can't carbon date me really old.
Check out 'DCS world'.

Off and on Euro truck simulator 2 is one of my favs. Though I've been playing the online casual pirate simulator Sea of Thieves a lot lately.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Minamous

Post by Minamous »

Poindexter wrote:Did this guy has just add the stigma of possible terrorist to every guy who can't get laid in Canada? As if it wasn't bad enough. :-X

Didn't an Incel guy just run down a group of people in Toronto, killing them cause he claims cause he was involuntarily celibate? THAT IS A TERRORIST!!!

if your ideology is that then yes you are a TERRORIST!

Return to “Social Concerns”