Mothers heartbreaking obituary to son

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
brit4evr

Mothers heartbreaking obituary to son

Post by brit4evr »

As l read the obituary of a mother about her loving son who lost his life to Fentanyl, l feel so bl###dy angry that it`s another young life lost because of low life dealers. These people are the lowest of the low, who have a deadly greed for money. So powerful is that greed that they care nothing for the many, many young lives they are murdering. Isn`t it time to change the laws and charge these dealers with manslaughter. They are after all selling drugs they know nothing about, to people who don`t actually mean to kill themselves. Therefore they need to be held accountable and any drug labs found using Fentanyl, the people responsible should be jailed for manslaughter or better still hung. They have no place in this world where they create so much heartbreak just for money.

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... rtbreaking
Last edited by ferri on May 20th, 2018, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Mothers heartbreaking obituary to son

Post by Jflem1983 »

brit4evr wrote:As l read the obituary of a mother about her loving son who lost his life to Fentanyl, l feel so bl###dy angry that it`s another young life lost because of low life dealers. These people are the lowest of the low, who have a deadly greed for money. So powerful is that greed that they care nothing for the many, many young lives they are murdering. Isn`t it time to change the laws and charge these dealers with manslaughter. They are after all selling drugs they know nothing about, to people who don`t actually mean to kill themselves. Therefore they need to be held accountable and any drug labs found using Fentanyl, the people responsible should be jailed for manslaughter or better still hung. They have no place in this world where they create so much heartbreak just for money.

In Saskatoon the police charged the dealers with exactly that. They even warned the public witch dealers and posted the dealers phone number online. Here the police seem to protect the silent killers . I suspect they have been told to .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

brit4evr wrote:As l read the obituary of a mother about her loving son who lost his life to Fentanyl, l feel so bl###dy angry that it`s another young life lost because of low life dealers. These people are the lowest of the low, who have a deadly greed for money. So powerful is that greed that they care nothing for the many, many young lives they are murdering. Isn`t it time to change the laws and charge these dealers with manslaughter. They are after all selling drugs they know nothing about, to people who don`t actually mean to kill themselves. Therefore they need to be held accountable and any drug labs found using Fentanyl, the people responsible should be jailed for manslaughter or better still hung. They have no place in this world where they create so much heartbreak just for money.

The dealers need to be dealt with, that I agree on. But his life was lost because he chose to buy drugs off the street and use them. The dealer didn’t force the drugs on him.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I agree with vegas. Yes there have to be laws and prosecutions for dealers.
However how many parents really know what's going on with their children when they are 13, 15, 17 and getting into drugs or alcohol? What are they doing about it? Have they educated their children, beyond just Don't you dare, or you'll be sorry.
Do you know where your children are? what they are doing, and who are they doing it with? You might even discover the parents of your children's friends are supplying them, long before they get into buying drugs from dealers.
There will always be dealers, even if there are successful prosecutions, there are ten more to replace every one. So you have to arm your children with as much information as possible.
Once they are adults, it is completely their choice if they want to risk their life every time they use street drugs. It's well known for quite some time now that street drugs can kill. So not that complicated, at your own risk.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Drug dealers are already engaging in criminal activity, and in many cases, risking their lives, to do what they do. Potential murder charges are not likely to deter anyone who's already on that path. And as SSQ pointed out, take one (or ten) out of the picture, and others will step in to fill the void.

Our society turns out so many broken people, who turn to drugs or criminal activity (or both) to get by. By the time they're using or being arrested, the time to intervene has long passed.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

While I see him as a druggie his Mother saw him as her Son. I hope writing the obituary brought her some peace.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

normaM wrote:While I see him as a druggie his Mother saw him as her Son. I hope writing the obituary brought her some peace.

I know well of another local example whereby some will see a druggie who got what was coming, but others will see a brilliant mind and person take too early, a father to three, son to his parents, brother to his sisters and a friend to many. Someone who on the outside had it all, but was ridden with angst, depression and god knows what else on the inside. A surgery caused him to be introduced to prescription opiates for pain, which created an addiction (some people are more prone than others) that when compounded with everything else was his demise.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Nice post Dream. Doubt any Mother wants raise a Drug User. idk, maybe if we remove at least some of the stigma more Users would have a fighting chance at recovery.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

It' s obvious by now that the "war on drugs" has failed miserably. If all the effort that had gone in to policing marijuana and drugs for the last several decades, had instead gone in to rehab for those who become addicted to hard drugs, the opioid crisis would not have reached these proportions. There will always be people who become addicted, the laws need to change so that those people do not become criminalized as a result, and can seek treatment. When opioids are needed, and are prescribed, the doctors need to inform patients, and supervise how they are going to wean off the pain killers once the physical trauma is healed. I've been on them, I have neighbors who were on them, after surgery or injury, and it's a process on how to come off them, but some people need support in order to do it. Already some doctors are reluctant to prescribe pain medication to people who really need it, because the doctors get blamed for causing the problem. The alternative would be to leave their patients intractable pain for weeks and months or years. There are other countries which seem to be able to manage opioids better.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This so called crises was planned 25 years ago.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jflem1983 wrote:This so called crises was planned 25 years ago.

*removed* This crisis is real and is affecting many thousands of people
across the country - users and non-users alike. We don't need to go all conspiracy theory on yet another topic.
Last edited by ferri on May 23rd, 2018, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ka-El wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:This so called crises was planned 25 years ago.

:135: Are you hoping to get another thread locked? This crisis is real and is affecting many thousands of people
across the country - users and non-users alike. We don't need to go all conspiracy theory on yet another topic.

Ive lost at least 5 good friends. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 23rd, 2018, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.

savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Post by savvybusinessman »

This guy went to my high school. I didn't know him that well but he was always really nice. From the posts my peers have made on various sites it sounds like he was a great guy and a friend to many. So sad.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Silverstarqueen wrote:It' s obvious by now that the "war on drugs" has failed miserably. If all the effort that had gone in to policing marijuana and drugs for the last several decades, had instead gone in to rehab for those who become addicted to hard drugs, the opioid crisis would not have reached these proportions. There will always be people who become addicted, the laws need to change so that those people do not become criminalized as a result, and can seek treatment. When opioids are needed, and are prescribed, the doctors need to inform patients, and supervise how they are going to wean off the pain killers once the physical trauma is healed. I've been on them, I have neighbors who were on them, after surgery or injury, and it's a process on how to come off them, but some people need support in order to do it. Already some doctors are reluctant to prescribe pain medication to people who really need it, because the doctors get blamed for causing the problem. The alternative would be to leave their patients intractable pain for weeks and months or years. There are other countries which seem to be able to manage opioids better.

This was created and still is a very capitalism without controls issue. Drug companies purchased and promoted this with fake research that they paid for stating it was not addictive. Then they pushed and rewarded doctors who prescribed this more and more.

Governments are needed to control not reward and dilute the rules and regulations we have. I agree that the war on drugs has failed and affected so many people disproportionately. Its time we regulate and control instead of ban and close our eyes hoping that people will live in fear.

Return to “Social Concerns”