New 9/11 video

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mattinkelowna
Fledgling

New 9/11 video

Post by mattinkelowna »

Wow, the quality, really makes you feel like you are there.

Poindexter
Guru

Re: New 9/11 video

Post by Poindexter »

The selflessness and courage of those first responders is on full display in that amazing footage. Not sure what the current status of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act but these people deserve to have their health care bills taken care of for the rest of thier lives.

http://www.renew911health.org/news-arti ... -act-2018/
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: New 9/11 video

Post by Catsumi »

9/11 was THE most horrifying day ever, to me and millions more that arose that beautiful September morning to witness the horror, tragedy and waste. We all knew then that normal life was to change dramatically, and it did. Everything from crossing the border, to taking flights (remember having to remove footwear), increased paranoia, increased militarism and rhetoric, strained world relationships and the awful sorrow that this had happened.

Unhinged, radicalized, hate-filled men took it upon themselves to bring down the Towers. I wonder if they found virgins as their promised reward? I wish them to burn forever.

To this day whenever I think back, the most horrifying scene is that of those who joined hands, just to have a little solace, as they leapt to their deaths together, from 100 stories high rather than being incinerated alive.

September 11th is upon us again, to grieve and remember.
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 10th, 2018, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

September 11, 2001

Post by Catsumi »

This is a day of remembrance for those who perished, for the heroes who did their best for them and perhaps died too, and for the grieving families.

It was the day the course of history dramatically changed.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”