What are your most controversial/extreme views?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: What are your most controversial/extreme views?

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 19th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Institute a maximum wage. :biggrin:

That should meet the controversial/extreme criteria. [icon_lol2.gif]
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan

2 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Liked in: 7806 posts

Postby kgcayenne » Apr 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm

I’ve contemplated proportional indexing of upper wages/dividend/bonus packages to bottom wages. Right now, they’re inverse in most cases.

Also. I want to tell all uptighty righties to shut their pie holes about the help for addicted people because of the corporate welfare program. You know, bailing out ahhshahhht companies like GM who proceed to fehhhk off and move operations out of the country that bailed their cheap ahhhhsssses out.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4647 posts

Postby zoo » Apr 20th, 2019, 6:43 pm

two_shoes1mit wrote:End homelessness: give a job and living accommodation to those wanting a hand up. For the others, no more freebies, drugs, welfare, etc. Your on your own.
No cell phone use in vehicles: all vehicles fitted with devices to immobilise the use.
No abortions: no abortions after heartbeat heard (approx. 3 wks). We have birth control, adoption. Sterilization upon second request.
No welfare to drug users: drug testing on application with regular follow-ups. Rehab when requested.
Make our public schools great again: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Teach children basic math and grammer. Eliminate google instruction and calculators. Teachers managed before, they can manage again. When the "plug is pulled" they won't have a chance at functioning as thinking human beings. Leave sex education out of the schools, leave alternative sexual preferences out of schools. Rate teacher performance, just like it is in other parts of the workforce. You do a poor job - your out.
RECALL: We need a recall system in government. That's all I will say - we've needed it in BC and desperately need it Federally.
Fix the health care system: We don't need to re-invent the wheel. Other countries have amazing health care systems with reasonable waiting lists. Lets learn from them and implement.
Convicted Criminals: Lets put the victims at the forefront for a change. Mandatory sentences. No country club comforts. A criminal is serving time for a wrong to society, its time served - not a time of rights, etc. Let them work hard during their time. Lets save money and spend it on the victims not the criminals.
Immigration and refugees: Immigrants should be in a position to contribute to their chosen countries society not drain it. Refugees should be intensively vetted, and the "term" refugee should be defined.
Veterans: We are in a position in Canada where we couldn't fight our way out of a wet paper bag. If we were attacked, we would be at the mercy of the USA. Yet, we have veterans who sign up, go on missions, can come home damaged physically or mentally. How do we treat them when they return? Pathetic. They deserve honour and respect. I believe that there is a strong movement growing in our country. Some call it racism; I call it citizens just plain *bleep* off. Our men go abroad to enforce and protect borders in foreign countries - yet our borders are not respected or protected. We have peoples with cultures and beliefs entering our country who are eroding our laws, customs, culture. These so called invited guests making demands based on the very customs and laws they chose to leave. It will / would take generations to assimilate them into our culture - in the meantime our country is in shambles.
Too much................too long..............

Tell me your running for Prime minister? You have my vote on every single one of these listed and there's more.
Mine is this, I am, my family is, no one I know is directly responsible for your races past, (80yrs ago) treatment. I do not need to acknowledge you and your race at every single event I now go to. I do not need to thank you and constantly show my appreciation to you. When you expect this, demand this, you are yourself putting me and my family in a place of slavery. Thanking you for letting me be here, bowing in front of you, not going to happen. I do not believe in slavery and neither should you. And for you that do not agree to this then I hope you have giving up your home and land and moved to your sister land to show you support. cheers.
zoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Apr 21st, 2019, 10:01 am

I would like to know what strings are being pulled to enable more Aussies to work at Big White than Canadians.
The TFW program is detrimental to our citizens.
I cast my pearls before swine

the truth likes this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2887 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Apr 21st, 2019, 11:56 am

Aussies working for an Australian owned corporation, who'da thunk it. [icon_lol2.gif]

Do you seriously believe that Canadian interests, operating in foreign lands, don't bring in Canadians?
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan

Silverstarqueen likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Liked in: 7806 posts

Postby Even Steven » Apr 21st, 2019, 12:49 pm

Here's my most controversial and extreme view:

Our lives are awesome. Everything is great. There's no need to go through like a sour puss being grumpy about everything and complaining about non-sensical things. What you're complaining about is a laughing stock of the world AND any generation before ours. We never experienced hunger, wars, genocide, prejudice ... yet we scream bloody murder about Chinese sign on a street or wrong language used in ATMs. Our cars are awesome. Cell phones are out of this world. Our houses are bigger than our grandfathers. We don't have to hunt, farm, or gather things, everything is available to us.

Stop your whining and enjoy life.

2 people like this post.
Even Steven
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2475 posts

Postby Grandan » Apr 21st, 2019, 1:00 pm

kgcayenne wrote:I’ve contemplated proportional indexing of upper wages/dividend/bonus packages to bottom wages. Right now, they’re inverse in most cases.

Also. I want to tell all uptighty righties to shut their pie holes about the help for addicted people because of the corporate welfare program. You know, bailing out ahhshahhht companies like GM who proceed to fehhhk off and move operations out of the country that bailed their cheap ahhhhsssses out.

Not to mention all the pharmacies, doctors and drug companies who got rich dispensing addictive medications to the unsuspecting. It's on them and they need to own it. CNN had a great program on how opiates change the brain of the users who mostly started out with a prescription from their doctor. And further how they are getting off opiates by using cannabis with no risk of overdose or death.
Waste not

kgcayenne likes this post.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1004 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Apr 22nd, 2019, 7:18 pm

Even Steven wrote:Here's my most controversial and extreme view:

Our lives are awesome. Everything is great. There's no need to go through like a sour puss being grumpy about everything and complaining about non-sensical things. What you're complaining about is a laughing stock of the world AND any generation before ours. We never experienced hunger, wars, genocide, prejudice ... yet we scream bloody murder about Chinese sign on a street or wrong language used in ATMs. Our cars are awesome. Cell phones are out of this world. Our houses are bigger than our grandfathers. We don't have to hunt, farm, or gather things, everything is available to us.

Stop your whining and enjoy life.

You first
I cast my pearls before swine

Boda likes this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2887 posts

Postby Glacier » Apr 23rd, 2019, 8:27 am

Reducing speed limits is stupid and selfish.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2019 ... couver-bc/
“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

JLives likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby Grandan » Apr 23rd, 2019, 8:57 am

Glacier wrote:Reducing speed limits is stupid and selfish.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2019 ... couver-bc/

Tell that to the many pedestrians struck by fast moving vehicles. I would be surprised if the average speed along downtown streets was much faster than 20 km/hr anyways. Maybe this would encourage drivers to ditch the car and take transit instead. Why should pedestrians pay the price of excessive speed on downtown streets?
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1004 posts

Postby Glacier » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:31 am

Now these are two controversial views, especially the second one!

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”

holdin likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12715 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:34 am

My most controversial/extreme view?

James T Kirk is a better Captain than Jean Luc Picard :biggrin:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 20th, 2019, 11:43 am

OKkayak wrote:James T Kirk is a better Captain than Jean Luc Picard

Nerd out time...
Both had their strengths...
Picard...better diplomat and more mature.
Kirk...is who you call when diplomacy fails.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Save the planet, spay or neuter your kids.

OKkayak likes this post.
oldtrucker
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby stuphoto » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:12 pm

This thread is a year to the day old.

Mine is that companies should not be allowed to bring in workers from other countries unless there is absolutely no one already here to take the position.
I have applied for jobs which I am highly qualified for, and then suddenly see a TFW doing the job instead. Two years later they are still there, but no Canadian workers.

But then again I want to be paid a fair wage, and I won't give the employers any kickbacks through rent or anything.

I do have a theory on how to eliminate this issue.
Refuse to let these companies use any TFW's wages as a write off.
It will cost them more than they are saving.

2 people like this post.
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

Postby stuphoto » Sep 20th, 2019, 12:14 pm

OKkayak wrote:My most controversial/extreme view?

James T Kirk is a better Captain than Jean Luc Picard :biggrin:

I agree because Kirk is still Canadian :biggrin:
( I still have National Pride )
stuphoto
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 571 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns