Security cameras on private property....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
dle
Lord of the Board

Security cameras on private property....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -on-camera

These people should know by now this is just a waste of their money.

NOTHING will ever happen to these thieves....even if they show the footage to the police and the picture is as clear as a bell and the guy/girl is "known to police" they won't do anything about it.

Really, really frustrating but it is what it is......

LAWLESSNESS abounds in Kelowna. It is almost NURTURED here. Nope. Don't say it. Don't say "it's the same everywhere". That is an over-used copout. Why can't we, as a City, be different for a change and be a front-runner, a leader of the pack for change, instead of another sheep City who just turns a blind eye, and actually DO something about it. What a concept! Use all this footage people are getting and round 'em up. Throw their miserable *bleep* in some kind of confinement. Treat them like the criminals they are.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Security cameras on private property....

Post by Fancy »

But where to put them?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

it allows for proper justice because you can now go get your crap back when you know who took it. run em over, crab your crap and maybe they think twice next time
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

I saw the footage, i know who they are.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They'll still do it. Unfortunately.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:But where to put them?

I'm not fussy - that's why I said some kind of confinement. Just something with a lock so they are not on the loose preying on others - arguably with the blessing of the legal system it would appear. Certainly doesn't have to be super-max! Just any ol' run of the mill clink....anything with locks on the doors and keepers on the watch....
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:They'll still do it. Unfortunately.

Well, sure, but if they get caught they go to jail. Each time automatically for a longer time. If they don't want to go to jail they shouldn't prey on people. If they are so bad off that their monthly pogey cheque - which every single one of them gets - is just going solely for drugs and they are stealing to eat etc, then they are better off getting the 3 squares a day and a roof, free health and dental, a way off the drugs, out of the "life", free gym, free education upgrading if they desire it etc. It's a win win for all of us far as I can see.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

bjsilent wrote:I saw the footage, i know who they are.

What did the police say when you reported that?
Forget that, use crime stoppers!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

its a big lake
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

In a body cast in the hospital
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

All the cops are allowed to do is lock them up for 24 hours and then they have to let them out. Thank our laws. it's the Liberal way because you know, feelings.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

In pink panties and t-shirts and chained together, working during the day for a living!
No more free rides in Jail, that's where the system is broken!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

tantor wrote:All the cops are allowed to do is lock them up for 24 hours and then they have to let them out. Thank our laws. it's the Liberal way because you know, feelings.

If they catch them, i.e. with stolen property, they can CHARGE them with possession of stolen property. If they catch them with drugs they can CHARGE them with possession and depending on the amount, trafficking. If they are presented footage of them entering someone else's property they can be CHARGED with trespassing at the least, and if they are on video circumventing a lock on someone's home, garage, RV, vehicle etc, they can be CHARGED with B&E.

The kicker is the cops have to do the charging, and they don't. The Judges have to mete out the sentences and they won't. Nobody is getting ANY punishment so they are all ramping up the crime sprees and laughing and having a great ol' time. Why not? It's allowed! The legal system including cops and judges have basically told the rest of us who are getting robbed, suck it up, it's no big deal, go buy another whatever was stolen, trashed, invaded, etc. We don't count. Only the thieves count cuz, yea, you are right "feelings".....heaven forbid they have to suffer a consequence on top of their crap existence as thieving, home invading, property destroying, drug addicts. Oh oh, there I go stigmatizing......
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

bjsilent wrote:I saw the footage, i know who they are.

Could you post their address, I'd like to stop by there.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

dle wrote:Well, sure, but if they get caught they go to jail. Each time automatically for a longer time.

:spitcoffee:

Did you forget you're in Canada? :laugh:

You should read the story about the guy in Vernon a few days ago, driving like a maniac, fleeing from police, smashing into a pole, continues to flee on foot, gets caught, has outstanding warrants and all he gets is a "promise to appear at a future date". You honestly think a thief is going behind bars in this country? :yahoo:

Return to “Social Concerns”