Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Postby Queen K » Oct 17th, 2018, 4:16 pm

And do not do this, DO NOT DO THIS:

Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

7 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14321 posts

Re: Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Postby GordonH » Oct 17th, 2018, 6:17 pm

To all those looking for pardon, be aware the US does not recognize it. So that conviction will still be on your record, so entering US will be denied.
This was mentioned on Global National.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8434 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Queen K » Oct 17th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Yes, we spotted the sign at the border warning people you can not transport pot from one place where it is legal to another place where it is legal.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

KiloHotel likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby GordonH » Oct 17th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Queen K wrote:Yes, we spotted the sign at the border warning people you can not transport pot from one place where it is legal to another place where it is legal.

There is a huge difference between a pardon and expungement.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Queen K » Oct 17th, 2018, 6:39 pm

I get that.

All I did was bring up the sign at the border. I wonder how many people will make the mistake of taking half an ounce to the border thinking no one will care.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby GordonH » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Queen K wrote:I get that.

All I did was bring up the sign at the border. I wonder how many people will make the mistake of taking half an ounce to the border thinking no one will care.

I suspect many, plus I also suspect many will be pulled into secondary due to the smell in the vehicle. US border agents will go through that vehicle with fine tooth comb.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Queen K » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Yes for sure.

I wonder if anyone has any new mj aromas around their house yet. :135:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Catsumi » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Hasn't had an impact as yet, but will be even more cautious when driving....is oncoming stoned? Sidewalk leaper into traffic...is he stoned? Yeah, from now on peeps are probably more IQ challenged since yesterday.
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4173 posts

Postby seewood » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Regarding the title of the thread..... not one iota....yet
I am not wealthy but I am rich

cubafreak likes this post.
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1440 posts

Postby cubafreak » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:26 pm

no change at all :130:
cubafreak
Board Meister

Liked in: 95 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Oct 17th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Catsumi wrote:Hasn't had an impact as yet, but will be even more cautious when driving....is oncoming stoned? Sidewalk leaper into traffic...is he stoned? Yeah, from now on peeps are probably more IQ challenged since yesterday.

"Reefer Madness' is still alive and well 100 years later....

Gawd help us all!
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

4 people like this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6644 posts

Postby Ka-El » Oct 17th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Catsumi wrote:Hasn't had an impact as yet, but will be even more cautious when driving....is oncoming stoned? Sidewalk leaper into traffic...is he stoned? Yeah, from now on peeps are probably more IQ challenged since yesterday.

I tried marijuana once. It made me want to rape and kill :smt045
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin

KiloHotel likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6043 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 17th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Oh come on, it made you rip open a bag of Cheetos.

My life was impacted when knuckledragging Neanderthals next door decided pot was legal years ago. I smell them before I even know they're outdoors. AS it is now, I expect to be inudated with them still.

I know that if pot is being used in a home I'm in at work, I will not want to go to the next client smelling of pot. Leave no room for misinterpretation!

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Catsumi » Oct 17th, 2018, 10:17 pm

"I tried marijuana once. It made me want to rape and kill :smt045I "

"Gawd help us all,"

You potheads are so insensitive, brutish and violent.

Makes me want to pick up my bottle of scotch, retrieve my clothes from bottom of pile and stomp off! [icon_lol2.gif]
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4173 posts

Postby 1Westside » Oct 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm

The impact will come when the last of the Bubba Kush that I purchased is gone. The business on Main street in Westbank where I purchased it is now closed. Now, instead of being able to buy my cannabis from a legitimate store with helpful, knowledgeable staff and great selection I will, like many others will be again using the blackmarket.

The irony that on the day that cannabis became legal for purchase by adults it is harder to purchase "legally" than it was yesterday. If I'm not mistaken the intent of legalization was to take the product out of the hands and wallets of the people who controlled the cannabis industry prior to yesterday. By doing so would help to ease the crime and violence long associated with cannabis and on and on and on.

With the inability to purchase my drug of choice, remember that alcohol is also considered a drug, a depressant as described in some of the descriptions I've read. If alcohol is a depressant and cannabis as many uninformed would say gets you high, my choice would be to be uplifted. Now that is my preference and has been for a long time, I've seen and see what alcohol can do to spouses, families, friends, co-workers and employers. I drink alcohol on occasion, I love a cold beer, a radler and a nice glass of wine but my vice is cannabis and I would love to be able to buy it responsibly and locally, in a business that supports the local community with jobs and taxes. Only the government could do what was the unthinkable and that is bureaucratically mess up an economy that is worth, depending on who you listen to, somewhere upwards of $5 billion. Brutal.

The twin cities, led up to now by Mr. Findlater and Mr. Basran are slow to act to capitalize on what could be a boon to each of their bottom line. To make the applications so expensive is unnecessary and not getting behind a movement that our province in particular has been ready for long ago.The screaming for funds and resources by every corner of each of these gentlemans' cities could be assisted by embracing what specifically Kelowna has been known for for a long time. Weed. Sorry neighbours to the east but it's true, West Kelowna by association has it's own rep as well. So welcome it. Cannabis Cup sponsored by High Times is a global event for all things cannabis held in the US, Europe and the Caribbean. The economic impact to the host cities must be significant. Hotels, restaurants, shopping, travel to and from, car rentals, gas, etc. Now add those items to our situation, wine tours, golf, skiing, beaches etc.

Adults who wish to consume cannabis legally should be able to especially when it's legal. Bizarre that you can but only in one store in Kamloops. Or online through the government cannabis website, which is apparently expensive and comes with a $10 delivery charge. The delivery charge is fine but why would most want to pay more plus a delivery when they can call up buddy and say hey, …….

There isn't going to be rampaging, marauding packs of zombies wondering around stealing everyone's chips. No wait that is happening, there are packs of zombies wondering the streets. They're wacked out on god knows what and they don't steal chips, they steal bikes, cars, wallets and anything else that can be sold to fulfill their habit.

Dazed and confused

2 people like this post.
1Westside
Fledgling

Liked in: 29 posts

Next

Return to Social Concerns