Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Postby oldtrucker » Dec 20th, 2018, 3:45 pm

We gained some freedom at the expense of freedom with this.
Besides Canadians no longer being demonised for using cannabis...

I've been to a store in Edmonton and the store in Kamloops.
I would say that the goal of putting the black market out of business has been achieved just based on the product
( unbelievable) quality. Throw in its cleanliness and the 200 or more varieties...the stuff people used to get- even though it may have been considered good cannabis prior to Oct 17 th,...doesn't even rate. I wouldn't even consider pre Oct 17th black market cannabis usable anymore.
Due to the safety and quality control, the product is much safer than anything black market. The government(s) will make the money instead of the black market and be able to spent more on social programs etc.

The freedom that is so expensive with this is that if you get pulled over and test positive because you used cannabis the night before,and the officer doesn't like the way your hair is.... You get the idea. I hope the people realise how slippery of a slope this is.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

1nick likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 1012 posts

Postby Grandan » Dec 20th, 2018, 9:01 pm

JLives wrote:So has anyone here tried it for the first time now that it's legal?

I tried it for the first time that it was legal and I didn't notice any difference from before, except I didn't have to look over my shoulder anymore. It really bothered me that there was a stigma; I don't have to drive up into the hills to get my supply and I am not nervous about getting stopped. That has made a world of difference for me.
Just remember folks, keep it in the trunk of your car or somewhere else that cannot be reached by driver or passenger, there have already been fines over that.
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 944 posts

Postby dodgerdodge » Dec 24th, 2018, 4:12 pm

dirtybiker likes this post.
dodgerdodge
Übergod

Liked in: 465 posts

Postby Ka-El » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:15 am

Bump. Looking for a place to post this as I didn’t want to start a whole new thread. Very interesting article on how psychological dependence on marijuana is created and sustained …

A Neuroscientist Explains What Weed Dependence Feels Like

… if you smoke weed, remember that infrequent and intermittent use is the only way to prevent downregulation and its unfortunate effects: tolerance, dependence, and a loss of interest in the unenhanced world.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical ... &ocid=iehp
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6028 posts

Previous

Return to Social Concerns