Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 20th, 2018, 6:27 pm

savvybusinessman wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Not if that neighbour deprives you of enjoying your own property.

We all know the "deprivation of enjoyment" has to be pretty extreme for it to be any sort of legal issue or an issue any sort of government official will take seriously.

Unless these neighbours are walking over to you or queen's property and blowing pot smoke directly in your faces then there's no case to be made.

Depends upon which way the wind blows.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4863 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Oct 20th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Faint smoke odors drifting by for a few minutes here and there... yet no one complains about the neighbor letting the car idle or the trucker who drives his tractor home and idles his diesel motor for ages stenching up the neighborhood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

4 people like this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6913 posts

Postby savvybusinessman » Oct 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Depends upon which way the wind blows.

Ya, so true. Get on the phone right now and complain to someone that the direction of the wind is impeding the enjoyment of your property.

normaM likes this post.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby normaM » Oct 21st, 2018, 6:35 am

I'm friends with an elderly man in Edmonton - his reg Sat pizza place same plaza as Nova, such a line up yesterday he couldn't find a parking space ( so I heard all about it lol)
Opening day people stood in line for up to 6 hours. 6!!!!
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6548 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:16 am

Kinda stupid the way they did the rollout, saying they want to prevent non-legal sales, but they don't have legal product available in nearly the amounts that people are interested in. Supply chain seems to be seriously hampered, so not much competition for alternative sources. Maybe that was the deliberate plan in the first place? It's not like they didn't know it was coming, it was three years ago that Trudeau clearly said he would legalize pot very quickly.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 21st, 2018, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiloHotel likes this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2566 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:18 am

Anyone buying weed from the government is just plain stupid .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3276 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:20 am

I think most are just doing it for the novelty, so they can frame it and say "This was the first legal pot available in B.C."
Of course there are better, cheaper, more available sources. So until Gov't can compete reasonably, this plan, as it is now, is not going to work for legalized sales.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 21st, 2018, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby MAPearce » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:20 am

I can see it now .... An owner of a legal pot store down on Leon , looking to score some bud ..

"Dood , can you hook me up man " ????
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

dirtybiker likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby normaM » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:24 am

read it was nearly $7 for a single roll in AB, I doubt the sellers to friends sweating losing their customer base
I wouldn't stand in line for 6 hours for anything ( well if they ever decided to make Allan's green shoestring licorce.. that would be worth the time
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Postby Ka-El » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:31 am

Silverstarqueen wrote:Kinda stupid the way they did the rollout, saying they want to prevent non-legal sales, but they don't have legal product available in nearly the amounts that people are interested in. Supply chain seems to be seriously hampered, so not much competition for alternative sources. Maybe that was the deliberate plan in the first place? It's not like they didn't know it was coming, it was three years ago that Trudeau clearly said he would legalize pot very quickly.

I agree. There was plenty of time to prepare for this day. There could have and should have been dispensaries across the province fully-stocked, licensed and ready to go. Three years? No excuse. One has to wonder if there wasn’t some deliberate feat dragging somewhere in one or more bureaucracy meant to sabotage the rollout. In any case, until the legal supply is more available and convenient than the black market supply (and most pot smokers already got “their guy”) there will be no impact on organized crime. Instead they are choosing to focus law enforcement efforts at closing shops. Good call.

:135: Maybe someone wanted to give organized crime more time to adjust?
All of those people that still say Hillary lost the 2016 US election despite winning the popular vote - I expect you all to rip up
your Conservative party membership forms today, and stop whining about the idea Andrew Scheer will ever be PM of Canada.

Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6913 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Oct 21st, 2018, 8:56 am

2 people like this post.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Postby TylerM4 » Oct 21st, 2018, 9:31 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Anyone buying weed from the government is just plain stupid .

Oh C'mon.

I can think of a couple good reasons why you may choose to buy from the government, and I suspect you're smart enough to come up with one or 2 as well.
TylerM4
Übergod

Liked in: 1440 posts

Postby W105 » Oct 21st, 2018, 9:48 am

I think many will buy from the government too...mainly those who just use it once in awhile...agree with Norma that the prices for a single jay is rather steep, but if someone is just buying it for a treat for the weekend or whatever, it will be cheaper and easier to get exactly what you want...also many people were fearing that some pot is being laced with fentanyl and that fear is gone by buying GovPot..

chronics though will most likely stick with their main suppliers...they smoke too much to afford Gov prices
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4817 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 21st, 2018, 11:26 am

W105 wrote:I think many will buy from the government too...mainly those who just use it once in awhile...agree with Norma that the prices for a single jay is rather steep, but if someone is just buying it for a treat for the weekend or whatever, it will be cheaper and easier to get exactly what you want...also many people were fearing that some pot is being laced with fentanyl and that fear is gone by buying GovPot..

chronics though will most likely stick with their main suppliers...they smoke too much to afford Gov prices

AND the local dealers will deliver to your home faster than a 30 minute pizza. Local dealers may also offer other products that may be in-stock at the time and may even offer "front"/payment arrangements to their loyal customers.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4863 posts

Postby normaM » Oct 21st, 2018, 12:04 pm

He told me you can buy it infused.. like Hey clean the house, or smell the fresh air
Next he'll be opening a shop!
Wonder if this going to impact liquor store and bar sales
normaM
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns